• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
This is the first time we've not had a shot on target since Opta started doing stats.

AVB will probably get sacked as a "saving face" measure but I don't think it's quite fair when there are reports that he didn't get the players he wanted in the summer and most of the players he did get he didn't want.

It's harsh but sometimes a change becomes necessary.

Splatt

Suarez at 19pts without bonus and I have Lukaku as captain

fucking%252520fuck%252520me_thumb%25255B1%25255D.gif

Bumhead

Banned
I know people have remarked on this before, but Tottenham are still 7th and within touching distance of the top teams.

Who cares if they've suffered some big defeats to rivals? The scoreline really shouldn't influence any decisions on AVB's future.

It wasn't just the scoreline though.

They were well, well beaten today. Again. By 5 minutes into the match they looked woefully short of the opposition. They're flat, lifeless and devoid of confidence and creativity.

You can say ignore the hammerings, they're still in touching distance. For me you can just as easily look at the games against lesser opposition where they were still crap and sneaked through with 1-0 wins or penalties and say if it wasn't for them they wouldn't be in touching distance at all.

Right now they're in touching distance, but that team today was absolutely miles away from top 4 quality. And today isn't the first time or the last time that group of players will get absolutely destroyed unless there's a change.

Salvadora

AVB will probably get sacked as a "saving face" measure but I don't think it's quite fair when there are reports that he didn't get the players he wanted in the summer and most of the players he did get he didn't want.
I subscribe to that line of thought too.

Levy probably bears a lot of the responsibility too.

L1NETT

It's almost as if they are Tottenham Hotspurs. Infamous chokers. Shocking display.

Excellent from pool though, glad to admit I was wrong about them. With Suarez firing they are deadly. Still think they are a tad inconsistent for a top 2 challenge.

--

C'mon Bradford! Sports Personality of the Year in Leeds (grr). Team of the Year chance, especially with the Cricketers melting.

I don't think anyone in their right mind honestly thought they had a chance at the title. Certainly top 4 though.

There was a Few people on here who predicted top 2 for Spurs. I am not going to post trawl, cos fuck that. Also, loads of loads predicted them top 4 easily. Barely anyone included Arsenal in their top 4s. And Spurs certainly being Top 4 is hilarious. They are Spurs. Big dreamers, no end product.

GorillaJu

This is the first time we've not had a shot on target since Opta started doing stats.

It's harsh but sometimes a change becomes necessary.

Not being a Spurs man I'm concerned for him personally if he is dropped. Getting fired twice half way through the season at big clubs has to be a damning stat to hang around your neck. You'd think that he's maybe not ready mentally for England. Or maybe he just needs a club where he has more control and isn't under a DOF.

Salvadora

Not being a Spurs man I'm concerned for him personally if he is dropped. Getting fired twice half way through the season at big clubs has to be a damning stat to hang around your neck. You'd think that he's maybe not ready mentally for England. Or maybe he just needs a club where he has more control and isn't under a DOF.
AVB wanted a DOF at Spurs.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
hiddink's probably going to manage the dutch national team, capello's preparing for the world cup, and why is a retired heynckes going to join the spurs?

I'm just trying to think of names that would appease people. If we sack AVB we can't get someone silly like Klinsmann. Maybe Hoddle will come back. Maybe Tim Sherwood will step up. We need a manager of pedigree who will whip the players into line.

GorillaJu

AVB wanted a DOF at Spurs.

Yeah I don't doubt that, but I wonder if he'd be better off without one. Not sure.

Rodgers has been cementing himself more and more as a figure at Liverpool, changing up the youth personnel and has made good signings like Sakho, Coutinho, and Sturridge without a DOF, and he's not much more experienced than Villas Boas. Different personalities I suppose.

JonnyBrad

That has to be one of the most stupid tactical decisions I have seen. I high line against a maurading Liverpool? We could have had 10.

rodvik

Or maybe AVB just isnt good enough for this level?

Mastadon

Banned
Rodgers has done such a fantastic job with us. Especially when you think about what kind of shape we were in when he took over, and the money he's had to spend.

He deserves a huge amount of credit.

Top Bottom