• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

Feorax

Liverpool are benefiting from not being in the Europa league. No fixture congestion for them.

I agree. That being said, it's the first time in a while I can remember a club taking advantage of lacking fixture congestion.

Sensible points, Xabi leaving after a phenomenal season was inevitable and I was wondering if Suarez's situation was reminiscent of that. We'll find out at the end of the season.

To be fair, we were (stupidly) actively trying to replace Xabi with Gareth Barry before he left to comply with PL regulations on foreign players or some shit. Can't see a situation where we would be happy to kick Suarez out for someone else.

Fergie

Banned
Always read the date of the tweet.
1384480422412bkdsa.gif

jtb

Banned
I agree. That being said, it's the first time in a while I can remember a club taking advantage of lacking fixture congestion.

I dunno if you're being sarcastic or not, but Arsenal have taken advantage of getting dumped out in the cups with really great runs of form the past two seasons.

Lightning

Banned
You've done brilliantly. A very dangerous team who has a great shot at finishing in the top 4. Also playing fantastic football that's great to watch.

Very interesting second half to the season coming up.

To keep Suarez, we need to buy well in January, finish the season in a way that promises a lot next season, and convince him that we're building a team capable of competing for the CL. Merely being in the CL is below the level of performances he's putting in every week.

Thats why I was surprised about him trying to move to Arsenal. They may be a level above us, but he should be looking 2 levels above us.

Kyoufu

To keep Suarez, we need to buy well in January, finish the season in a way that promises a lot next season, and convince him that we're building a team capable of competing for the CL. Merely being in the CL is below the level of performances he's putting in every week.

Thats why I was surprised about him trying to move to Arsenal. They may be a level above us, but he should be looking 2 levels above us.

Suarez is level 99 atm.

Blackhead

Redarse
I dunno if you're being sarcastic or not, but Arsenal have taken advantage of getting dumped out in the cups with really great runs of form the past two seasons.

Liverpool's situation is a bit unique though. It rarely happens that a club with pedigree/top-of-the-table ambitions misses out on Europe completely and doesn't immediately sack the manager and/or lose their best players. Rogers has been given time and opportunity to build

Watching Napoli vs Inter, supporting Inter as i've always liked them (nothing against Rafa!). Anyone know why Wallace isn't starting for Inter?

Lightning

Banned
Arsenal, United and Everton are the only clubs who don't sack their managers over stupid shit. This Spurs shit is funny but sack worthy after record points last season? Don't be daft. What a stupid sacking if true. Spurs are still in every fucking competition.

Feorax

Arsenal, United and Everton are the only clubs who don't sack their managers over stupid shit. This Spurs shit is funny but sack worthy after record points last season? Don't be daft. What a stupid sacking if true. Spurs are still in every fucking competition.

The only thing I can think is that CL is vital to the club in the next season or two, and maybe Levy and the board feel the ship has already sailed on that for this season?

Not saying that's not equally as stupid mind.

Top Bottom