• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

WJD

One of the few good things he did. Didn't see much of the ball as Rafael and Valencia were dominating the right side. Unlucky not to score twice.

iBGgz7Z6XZSj9.gif

Looool, four of the fucking goobers still struggled to stop him.

Kenka

I think I've revised my draw prediction. What follows is more what's looping in my mind right now :
Code:
Manchester U -   Schalski
Real Madrid  -   Manchester C
Paris SG     -   Arsenal
B Monaco     -   Zenit SP
Chelski      -   Olympiacos
Dortmund     -   Milan
Athlético    -   Bayer L
Barça        -   Galatasary

Lightning

Banned
I think I've revised my draw prediction. What follows is more what's looping in my mind right now :
Code:
Paris SG     -   Arsenal
B Monaco      -   Zenit SP
Dortmund     -   Galatasary
Athlético    -   Bayer L
Barça        -   Milan
barca can't draw Milan . Revise it.

Code:
Paris SG     -   Arsenal
B Monaco     -   Zenit SP
Dortmund     -   Milan
Athlético    -   Bayer L
Barça        -   Galatasary
I'm not okay with this.

Kenka

I think you're trying to tell us something about Barça and Milan.

Still can't draw them, sorry :( It'll be Real Madrid, I'm sure.
I did exactly the same mistake twice
and you remembered my first blunder and digged through my post history to expose me shamefully
?

Well.

get-out-o.gif

edit : at least I caught your stealth

dc89

Well it's rainy, cold and I have nothing to do today. So I think I'll play some PS4 and watch Rome for the first time.

----

fernandinho.png

Salazar

I'm pretty sure he was fouled by the guy who closed in on him from the right side. It wasn't called though.

Which great solo goal involves that little prat Dennis Wise running in from the side and trying, ineffectually, to take the bloke out ?

It's slipped my mind.

Well it's rainy, cold and I have nothing to do today. So I think I'll play some PS4 and watch Rome for the first time.

Great show. Purefoy is tremendous. And Lyndsey Marshal is so fine as Cleopatra.

I did exactly the same mistake twice
and you remembered my first blunder and digged through my post history to expose me shamefully
?

Well.

get-out-o.gif

edit : at least I caught your stealth

I caught your edit too!

I did it because I remembered something like that but I wasn't sure. Plus, it was one of my last posts in the other thread, there wasn't a lot to dig :p

Jack cw

He thinks Victor Valdes is better than Neuer. The above opinion is reasonably mild by comparison.
I yet have to see Neuer doing one of those mega saves that decides a game. I cant recall any Kahn/van der Saar/Buffon reflexes were he turned a game around. Maybe Bayern is to strong to rely on its keeper...

I wish somebody would ask AVB why he went back to the high line after he dropped it post-City. I just don't understand what he was thinking, especially once we started to wilt he should have seen that our midfield was offering no protection. He always responds to these stupid defeats in the right way but during matches he never does. At 1-0 to Liverpool there was only going to be one outcome if we didn't change it.

He did that at Chelsea. I can distinctly remember him abandoning the high line for our final CL group game against Valencia and the next game against City. They were two of the best games we had played under him and it looked like we were on the way up. Unfortunately unlike everyone else he couldn't see that that was the way forward and quickly resorted back to the same flawed tactics he used before.

Salazar

Yesssss, although I've only just managed to expunge 'The Following' from my memory.

He's also good in the adaptation of A Dance to the Music of Time.

OMQZWLI.gif
tz9AYVn.gif

He does good louche aplomb, which is basically 80% of Powell's work. It's fucking easy for him. Show also has Claire Skinner's surprisingly nice breasts, Miranda Richardson, Alan Bennett, Emily Mortimer, James Fleet.

Spurs have won just one of their past six home league games and were beaten 6-0 at Manchester City last month.

Asked if his job was safe, Villas-Boas said: "That decision is not mine."

"I won't resign and I'm not a quitter. The only thing I can do is work hard with the players to try and get the results that we all want."

ywgxjbX.png

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
He did that at Chelsea. I can distinctly remember him abandoning the high line for our final CL group game against Valencia and the next game against City. They were two of the best games we had played under him and it looked like we were on the way up. Unfortunately unlike everyone else he couldn't see that that was the way forward and quickly resorted back to the same flawed tactics he used before.

Yeah, he's got previous. Obviously all the top managers are stubborn bastards but when you make a change and it gets results, why go back? It's so hard to get a high line defense right there is simply no point in trying when we have so many defensive injuries. AVB is an intelligent man so how could he not see that his system was exposing us? Basic long balls were forcing Lloris into desperate measures but he changed nothing.

Even Harry knew when to set up defensively.

From yes pls to no thx:
AC Milan (interesting club)
Olympiacos (revenge for 2011)
Galatasaray (no idea)
City (not again)
Zenit (no travel to Russia pls)

Mastadon

Banned
Yeah, he's got previous. Obviously all the top managers are stubborn bastards but when you make a change and it gets results, why go back? It's so hard to get a high line defense right there is simply no point in trying when we have so many defensive injuries. AVB is an intelligent man so how could he not see that his system was exposing us? Basic long balls were forcing Lloris into desperate measures but he changed nothing.

Even Harry knew when to set up defensively.

It's even stranger when you consider the lack of mobility that Dawson has, coupled with the fairly understandable lack of spatial awareness Capoue had as a centre back. It's the footballing equivalent of trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

I can understand why he thought it might work against us, as we've looked susceptible and vulnerable against teams who constantly pressure us, but after seeing the problems it was causing, he should have changed it quickly.

Since I have nothing to do even though I have something to do, it's predictions time:
Milan - Real Madrid
Olympiacos - Chelsea
Bayer Leverkusen - PSG
Manchester City - Barcelona
Galatasaray - Bayern Munich
Arsenal - Atletico Madrid
Zenit - Borussia Dortmund
Schalke 04 - Manchester United
rHEnzu5.gif

That song tho... Daft Punk and Casablancas? Gross.

At least they didn't put the inno.

According to El Mundo, Messi's dad is being investigated for laundering drug money through Messi's summer charity matches.

Pls be true.

I wish pulga were here to intelligently expand upon these allegations.

Top Bottom