• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

I'll gladly take Atletico over Real or Bayern. It's not going to be easy, but at least we aren't already dead. Well, not completely.
Since I have nothing to do even though I have something to do, it's predictions time:
Milan - Real Madrid
Olympiacos - Chelsea
Bayer Leverkusen - PSG
Manchester City - Barcelona
Galatasaray - Bayern Munich
Arsenal - Atletico Madrid
Zenit - Borussia Dortmund
Schalke 04 - Manchester United

Three out of eight. That's an improvement.

You got lucky to win that group. Everyone finished on 12 points. Not like you guys put amazing performances or something.

I didn't say otherwise. We had some bad luck against Napoli and the Arsenal - BVB matches were tense. Arsenal fucked up against Napoli and we were lucky. We hadn't been able to finish first without you guys fucking up.

L1NETT

Good luck Wenger, gonna need it. Although they did win 2-0 last year in the away leg. I wouldn't rule them out but ehhhh hard to see them winning that tie.

Good draw all round, should be some crackers.

phaze

Oh please, with 45 minutes to go Arsenal were coasting to first place in the group. Should never have lost to Napoli, they were in complete control.

No, your lack of proper attitude in the last group match did that to you.

You caught me before my edit ;_;

Yes we're to blame for not getting points in Neapol. We took a risk and now we're paying for it. There would be no need for it however had we gotten an easier group.

Aaaarghh damn conditionals.

Fergie

Banned
@ManUtd: #mufc have a 100 per cent record vs Olympicaos. The Reds won 2-0 away & 3-0 at home in 2001/02; then 4-0 at home & 3-2 away in 2002/03.

Moyes era leaves doubts but, the team is much more composed in the UCL.

Conceded the least. Doesn't say much though although we kept Shaktar at bay.

Fuck our fucking players for fucking up the first two fucking games

Fuckers
Although Gala came with a better plan for that pitch, hoof it up. Should have won.

Ah well.

FC Arsenal - Bayern München
Zenit St. Petersburg - Borussia Dortmund
FC Schalke 04 - Real Madrid
Bayer Leverkusen - Paris St. Germain
Manchester City - FC Barcelona
AC Mailand - Atletico Madrid
Galatasaray Istanbul - FC Chelsea
Olympiakos Piräus - Manchester United

Easy way through for the group winners for me.
That would be an amazing set of quarter finals. I hope United don't embarrass themselves too much.

Barzul

Look ArsenalGAF if we wanted to go all the way, we'd have to play a team of this quality anyway. This is a test that would've come, it isn't insurmountable but our players will need to have their shit together to stand any chance at all.

Suen

The Arsenal hate here is strong. We beat Bayern away last season, surely we can do it now with Pep in charge.

#Believe

Elchele

Bbmm3DMIYAEz_L6.jpg

Great draw. All games, except Manchester United vs. Olympiakos, look interesting.

Will Real Madrid be able to handle legend Schaaf?

Feorax

Any chance AVB gets another job in the PL? Think this is the last we've seen of him here tbh, unless he takes a big step down.

Lightning

Banned
Arse bros think of it this way. United are going to progress but they have no chance in winning it so all they can do is exhaust themselves in the CL on their way to the Europa league next season when they drop PL points with a tired squad under the great Moyes training schedule. Lol

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Any chance AVB gets another job in the PL? Think this is the last we've seen of him here tbh, unless he takes a big step down.

I wouldn't be surprised if he took a couple of years off. He certainly won't manage in England any time soon.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Why is everyone writing off Olympiacos. Their striker Mitroglu ain't a mug.

Galatasaray beating Chelsea (us beating us lol) wouldn't be a surprise in my opinion.

Clegg

Arse bros think of it this way. United are going to progress but they have no chance in winning it so all they can do is exhaust themselves in the CL on their way to the Europa league next season when they drop PL points with a tired squad under the great Moyes training schedule. Lol
I feel the desperation.

The collapse is coming Lightning.

Prepare your anus.

Never say never. We'll fluke our way to the title.

Either way, you guys aren't winning shit this season.

Barzul

I feel the desperation.

The collapse is coming Lightning.

Prepare your anus.

But he's right tho. This will only tire your squad. If you're struggling with teams like Newcastle, you won't be beating Madrid, Barca or Dortmund. Just saying.

Fergie

Banned
Why is everyone writing off Olympiacos. Their striker Mitroglu ain't a mug.

Galatasaray beating Chelsea (us beating us lol) wouldn't be a surprise in my opinion.
Only if Drogba plays extremely good.

Mitroglu might not be but is his team competent? It's a good chance for us, and I'm happy since we aren't exactly playing great.

AVB could be a great replacement for Allegri, if he can wait until June I think we might have a chance.
@Fenerbahce_EN said:
Buon Compleanno @acmilan ! We wish you a pleasant year with full of success and happiness! Happy 114th years! #Fenerbahce #AcMilan
#ForzaFenerbahce

Classy, love this stuff.

Suen

We'll see. I'm just going to hope. As bad as it sounds, it'd help if Bayern have injuries in some key areas.
Yep, exhausted or injured Bayern would serve our interest.

You've beat an half-assed Bayern team last season and unfortunately taught them the lesson to take every match as important.
Yeah they were horrible in that game, but we're much more solid now than what we were last season. We still don't have a deep squad so we better hope we don't have injuries then. I'm not very confident in us beating Bayern but we've had some great games this season so far so I do have some hope in beating them. Arse-GAF now we have a good reason to buy some players in January but question is who.

:lol :lol :lol

Salazar

You ever read Beowulf ?

Because you are Unferth. A proper fucking Unferth.

Top Bottom