• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

Salvadora

poor gunners, we gonna die eventually and this gif will still be relevant long after we're gone:

arseloltqb9m.gif

kevftw_by_yogsamgc-d6y23t0.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Former Juve player Di Livio "Bonucci is no Montero"

If you don't have something nice to say then shut the fuck up pls

and we know he isn't, this ain't helping his low self esteem. -_-

Meier

Infographic that City's website put together:

infographic.ashx

Suarez's performance is particularly impressive when you match it to Ronaldo and Costa. For those curious, the dude whose name you don't recognize is already done with his 2013 season (he plays in Lithuania). I knew Fredy Montero was having a good season but didn't realize he was at 13 goals. I hope the MLS got some sort of sell-on clause included in his transfer!

Meier

Apparently Kelechi Iheanacho's family have received their travel visas and will be headed to England so he can officially sign for Man City. I think he'll probably have to be loaned for some time to get his work permit though.

Iheanacho was the MVP at the U-17 World Cup that Nigeria won recently.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
President of Trabzonspor “I wouldn’t see this as an unlucky draw.”

Negative_man.jpg

“After having faced Lazio in the first round, I wanted with all my heart to face another Italian team. Juve were knocked out of the Champions League by a Turkish team and we can give them the pleasure of being eliminated by a Turkish side again!

Negative_man.jpg

“We believe in our chances and usually do well against Italian opponents. If we are at the top of our game, then we can beat Juventus home and away, as we have many fans and playing the first leg in Turin can be an advantage. If we get a good result there, we can hope for a draw on our own turf.”

negative.png

this banter

we are dead

stop it

GQman2121

Banned
Here's one of Reuters photos from the weekend. It's a kid in a LFC shirt chilling in a burned out car outside of a mosque that has been destroyed in the Central African Republics capital, Bangui. Civil war sucks....

Meier

Banner for OT12 secured

http://i.imgur.com/OTjUIGH.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

This is too good. At first I thought the keeper was doubled over and puking which made it even better.

[quote="dc89, post: 93815605"][IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bbn3OP6CYAA7z6T.jpg:large[IMG]

Real Madrid's Christmas party looked a real hoot.[/QUOTE]

Legitimately laughed out loud at this image and your caption. Well played, dc. Dat thousand yard stare.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Tottenham Hotspur ‏@SpursOfficial 6m

Steffen Freund and Tony Parks continue as part of the coaching staff.

We can announce that Tim Sherwood, Chris Ramsey and Les Ferdinand will take charge of the First Team whilst the Club progresses discussions.

Jose Mario Rocha, Luis Martins and Daniel Sousa leave the coaching staff and we wish them well for the future.

STEFFEN LIVES

nemesun

excellent read:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=735185

watch out for some of the replies and the associated avatars.

edit: my fuckin jesus christ on a cross:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=93816401&postcount=290

I wouldn't even read Gaming Side if you paid me. that whole place is an oasis for viral marketers and petulant little babies who tow the corporate line without getting paid zilch for it. Case in point, that 8byte fella.

Lightning

Banned
I hope Spurs, City, Chelsea and United all win their capital one cup matches. Then they can batter one another home and away in January for the lol's.

nemesun

Please don't employ someone before Sunday.

He doesn't do tactics
and he can't read or write
he hated pavlyuchenko cos
pavlyuchenkos shite!
he loves defoe
and he loves money
he didn't pay his tax
but he was not guilty
redknappppppp
he's redknappppp

'arry is gunnin' for ya.

Mastadon

Banned
I don't think we can afford to hang around, I'm sure we will know within 72 hours.

it's going to be your manager

Doesn't Pochettino have a really close relationship with the Southampton chairman? Be surprised if he goes mid-season. Laudrup would be an easier target.

that whole place is an oasis for viral marketers

this is so fuckin odd.

remember that time where a bunch of people were banned cause they're were MS virals spreading the good word about Xbox One?

but then you have dudes with Ryse and Killer Instinct avatars, who are clearly, if not getting paid, getting at least some swag from the devs and push the game every chance they got and nothing happens.

it's like being an obvious viral marketer is ok, which is what these folks essentially are.

nemesun

this is so fuckin odd.

remember that time where a bunch of people were banned cause they're were MS virals spreading the good word about Xbox One?

but then you have dudes with Ryse and Killer Instinct avatars, who are clearly, if not getting paid, getting at least some swag from the devs and push the game every chance they got and nothing happens.

it's like being an obvious viral marketer is ok, which is what these folks essentially are.
The whole industry is a giant Sp*rs mess right now. can't wait till the micro transaction nonsense kills the whole thing for at least a decade, like E.T did back in the day.

Salvadora

How about Baldini himself? He's got experience as a manager, and he's the one who bought these players in, so he should be tasked with getting them playing.
Wenger was right when he said "[the director of football] buys the players and when it does not work you are guilty for not using them well".

Feorax

I think, honestly, the big mis-step for Spurs was Soldado.

He's a great striker, don't get me wrong, but he's not suited to how Spurs have set up at all. Having Bale and Lennon on the left and right respectively, he would have thrived, but using Lamela, Siggy, Townsend, etc, as inverted wingers has really limited the type of service where he is effective.

It's like when we used to sub Carroll off for Downing.

Lightning

Banned
The biggest mis step for Spurs was hiring AVB in the first place. He is not any better than Harry and wasn't any better when he was given the job. Spurs can blame whoever they like but this rests at Levy's door as does the fact he can't hire anyone or recruit the calibre of players required to finish the league above us or fulfil his objectives.

If anyone should be next to go its him.

My network game of FM13 has been a nightmare so far today, hopefully MIlan does something to turn things around. Won't happen, but at this point I don't really care.

Milan XI: Abbiati; De Sciglio, Zapata, Bonera, Emanuelson; Poli, De Jong, Muntari; Montolivo, Kaka, Balotelli

Roma XI: De Sanctis; Maicon, Benatia, Castan, Dodò; Bradley, De Rossi, Strootman; Ljajic, Destro, Gervinho

Top Bottom