• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

BbqQR40CUAEkUNL.png

So according to a few sources we have signed Fredy Guarin from Inter. Is he actually any good? I have no idea who he is.

GorillaJu

BbqQR40CUAEkUNL.png

So according to a few sources we have signed Fredy Guarin from Inter. Is he actually any good? I have no idea who he is.

The Guardian has said that you're interested and that Inter have rejected a bid from you. I wouldn't look forward to it too much, you're only buying him because United is interested and Chelsea can afford to pay people to not play in order to keep them out of competitors' teams.

wedward

The Guardian has said that you're interested and that Inter have rejected a bid from you. I wouldn't look forward to it too much, you're only buying him because United is interested and Chelsea can afford to pay people to not play in order to keep them out of competitors' teams.

You are getting awfully close to sounding like a conspiracy theorist.

Chelsea need a center mid. Fat Frank and Mikel aren't going to cut it.

FootballFan

BbqQR40CUAEkUNL.png

Probably Inter's best player for me.

But that isn't saying much, it's like being proud that you are the least corrupt team in the Serie A.

I don't think you guys need him anyway.

Lightning

Banned
If Inter want to challenge for top 3 they cannot accept this sale. He is their best attacking player for me and makes no fucking sense for Chelsea who have a host of players in that position already.

Chelsea buy everyone up and then loan them out to keep them out of the way while keeping the best for themselves. It's smart but Chelsea are screwing De Bryune's WC chances, damaging Mata, wasting a year of Willian's career. WTF do they think they are doing...

bjaelke

The European Comminision will open a disciplinary hearing against these 7 Spanish clubs tomorrow on the basis that they've received illegal funds from the Spanish Government: Real Madrid, Barcelona, Athletic de Bilbao, Osasuna, Valencia, Elche and Hércules.

European sources suggest that the allegations that have motivated this research come from "several European football teams, including FC Bayern Munich."

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I don't think Suarez is so good that he's Madrid's only option.

But how can they countenance another big money signing after the splurge over the summer? The amount of money they spent on Isco, Illaramendi and Bale is like some kind of cruel joke in the face of their league competition. Lower table Liga teams wouldn't have the money to sign an Isco, never mind a Bale, even if they sold every player in their first XI.

I am increasingly perturbed by Real and Barca's obsessions with spending money on huge names. I understand the reasoning isn't solely about footballing ability but that just makes it more unsavory in my eyes. City, who are also big offenders here, at least do some proper strategizing with their team building.

Chelsea's talent monopoly is also a load of shit. Spending 30 million - 30! - on a brilliant player to sit on the bench every week just to stop Spurs from getting him has reserved them a special place in football hell.
We bought Isla and Ogbonna to prevent Inter from buying them

PLS UNDERSTAND

sohois

If Inter want to challenge for top 3 they cannot accept this sale. He is their best attacking player for me and makes no fucking sense for Chelsea who have a host of players in that position already.

Chelsea buy everyone up and then loan them out to keep them out of the way while keeping the best for themselves. It's smart but Chelsea are screwing De Bryune's WC chances, damaging Mata, wasting a year of Willian's career. WTF do they think they are doing...

Guarin is really more of a central midfielder, isn't he? It's hardly a position of strength for Chelsea at the moment, they are as weak as Utd in that area. They have the likes of Mikel and Essien playing there.

Zabojnik

If Inter sell Guarin to Chelsea or anyone else, there will be blood. More than that though, it makes absolutely no sense for Inter to (want to) get rid of him. They basically just got him and he's probably their best player. Also, what kind of greeting card would that be from their new owner? He may not have sheikh money, but he's not about to start dismantling the squad the minute after he bought it.

If they wanted to make/save some money, there's plenty of old/overpaid/dead wood players in their ranks to get rid of first, starting with Cambiasso.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Guarin is very similar to Ramires, but with a smaller brain. Which is quite scary when you think about it.

He'd do well with Chelsea. Mou can deploy him pretty much anywhere in the middle.

The European Comminision will open a disciplinary hearing against these 7 Spanish clubs tomorrow on the basis that they've received illegal funds from the Spanish Government: Real Madrid, Barcelona, Athletic de Bilbao, Osasuna, Valencia, Elche and Hércules.

European sources suggest that the allegations that have motivated this research come from "several European football teams, including FC Bayern Munich."

Fuck pep.

Based Pep.

Peco

I missed the game.

Zapata and Muntari scored, eh? Fuck man, that's kinda bad considered how much they suck.

Also, Allegri said that Matri is the perfect partner for Balo upfront? What kind of nonsense is that? Pazzini is the best Italian striker after Super Mario and Pepito and he needs to play.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Apparently we could face Napoli or Lazio in EL after clashing with Viola.

I'm beginning to like this! It's like a slightly more prestigious Coppa Italia.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BbqQR40CUAEkUNL.png[MG]

So according to a few sources we have signed Fredy Guarin from Inter. Is he actually any good? I have no idea who he is.[/QUOTE]

He's their best player. Which isn't saying much because they're Inter, but he's their best player.

Dumb jokes aside, I don't get why they're trying to sell him (last week there were reports about a Guarin-Ba swap) since they don't really need money now with Thohir and Guarin could really help in the next few months.

bjaelke

Apparently we could face Napoli or Lazio in EL after clashing with Viola.

I'm beginning to like this! It's like a slightly more prestigious Coppa Italia.
I hope you play Esbjerg in the round of 16. Would love to see Pirlo and friends play in my backyard.

Gattuso and Brocchi are under investigation, apparently they were somehow tied to a match-betting scandal.

Surprised there isn't Abbiati as well, those three were really close iirc.

Goddamnit NFA.

Top Bottom