• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
Whoa!

Welcome to the thread btw.
3AQmK.gif

Thanks! :) Hopefully Juve - Trabzonspor is going to be great. May the lucky one win!

Kenka

Nintendo are the closest thing to Manchester this season. Some ups, some downs and definitely a lack of performance compared to more glorious times.

http://i.imgur.com/0hEtVkI.jpg

Cranky Claus is gonna deliver Iwata's bomb. You watch.
We'll see but there isn't much I can think of right now that could be positive news for Nintendo.

faridmon

Nintendo are the closest thing to Manchester this season. Some ups, some downs and definitely a lack of performance compared to more glorious times.

Nah, Nintendo is like Spurs. Fuck up badly when they have so much money to spend on Exclusivity like MH and Bayonetta
Lol

Clegg

I think we'll try again for Baines, but I also think we're gonna have too go for a midfielder. Moyes has seen how bad we've been without Carrick, I don't think he'll want to take the risk of going into the second half of the season without strengthening there.

dc89

David Nugent is going to fuck your defence up.

Damn. :( I expect Milner at RB and Boyata and Lescott at CB.
Lopes and Guidetti pls.

I posted that yesterday. You are living up to your name dc....

I posted an infographic from MCFC.co.uk of this chart and some other info. Pretty interesting stuff in it!

I am so late today. I made a thread earlier about Tomb Raider coming to iOS.

"If late put me in a tomb and roll a boulder over the entrance.

"Edit: I'll put myself in."

:(

Darth Sonik

we need more FPS games
WTF is with all this Johnson shit.

I've never been a big fan of his defending especially stopping crosses on his side or dealing with crosses from the far side, although that has improved somewhat this season. His end product isn't that amazing either.

He is however vital to how our team works in possession of the ball. He controls his positioning superbly, and is always an outlet for the whole team, whether trying to advance the ball from defence, switching the play in midfield, or recycling from attack, he helps keep the opposition under pressure. We have really struggled with using the ball in his absence as he does so many little things to help his team mates.

Mastadon

Banned
Yeah I thought that.

Don't understand why Bertrand isn't given a chance though, strikes me similar to Sturridge when he was at Chelsea.

We were linked quite a lot with Bertrand in the summer I seem to remember? Probably moot if Flanagan keeps this form up.

Walshy

We were linked quite a lot with Bertrand in the summer I seem to remember? Probably moot if Flanagan keeps this form up.
Yeah, we have been linked with him in January too from the likes of the Guardian.

I still forget we have Enrique to come back too.

Slizz

I think we'll try again for Baines, but I also think we're gonna have too go for a midfielder. Moyes has seen how bad we've been without Carrick, I don't think he'll want to take the risk of going into the second half of the season without strengthening there.

Thats what Fellaini was for...

Clegg

Thats what Fellaini was for...
He'll come good eventually, but we don't have the to wait for that to happen. And even he he was playing well we'd still need another midfielder anyway. Do you trust Clev and Anderson, because I certainly don't.

TeddyBoy

Warning: Kinda long LFC post incoming.

I suspect that we're going to see some interesting moves for LFC over the next few transfer windows, and the outs will probably be as interesting as the players coming in.

I expect Agger and Aspas to be the players departing in January. Agger has already been covered, but it seems like with Aspas, he's just given up. He tweets a lot about Celta Vigo and his family, which makes me think he's a bit homesick, and he didn't help himself by heaping on the pressure and choosing the number 9 shirt. Carroll may have tainted it somewhat, but 9 is still an iconic number for LFC. You wear it, you need to strive to be a real monster of a striker, and I just don't think Aspas wants it enough..

Yeah we've talked about Aspas and Agger quite a bit, wouldn't be surprised to see them go.

I also think that if Skrtel gets injured next year, Rodgers will want to start phasing him out. He's had a great season for us so far (own goals aside), but you just know he could go back to being dogshit next season. I would hope Rodgers is considering either Kelly or Coates as possible long term partners for Sakho, but I suspect we might just as easily go back into the transfer market in the summer.

I doubt Coates has a long term future at the club, he was looking to leave in the summer and I don't think he's good enough for the Premier League, he isn't quick enough or composed enough on the ball for Rodgers' style of play. Seria A would suit him much better.

I like Kelly, but Rodgers has shown to be quite ruthless at times, I've got an impression Kelly will be sold in the summer, not because he isn't good enough, but because of his injury history.

I expect Borini to return in the summer, and be given until January 2015 to prove himself, same with Assaidi. We know both players have it on their locker, and could be good squad players, but if they can't deal with the weight of the shirt then they might as well go..

I expect both to be sold in the summer, Borini hasn't done too much in his time at Sunderland and Assaidi has been pretty poor for Stoke :/

Neither of our loans will be permanent. I'd be surprised if Cissokho played for us again with Flanagan doing so well. I'd get rid of both in January, but I imagine Rodgers will persevere for the sake of some depth if nothing else..

Yeah Moses and Cissokho were brought in for cover and to improve the competitiveness of the squad, they aren't playing, but can still keep people on their toes in the squad.

Finally, I think this will be Johnson's last season with us. His displays are becoming increasingly erratic, and this could be his last chance to play in Spain, which I believe he has wanted to do for some time. Replacing him in the summer will be the most difficult challenge..

Johnson has been poor for quite some time, he only has one year left on his contract in the summer and is one of our highest earners, right-backs aren't too hard to find, I'm sure someone decent will come in to cover.

That is, if Suarez doesn't leave too...

I have no idea who we could replace Suarez with, but it's going to be hard.

sohois

WTF is with all this Johnson shit.

I've never been a big fan of his defending especially stopping crosses on his side or dealing with crosses from the far side, although that has improved somewhat this season. His end product isn't that amazing either.

He is however vital to how our team works in possession of the ball. He controls his positioning superbly, and is always an outlet for the whole team, whether trying to advance the ball from defence, switching the play in midfield, or recycling from attack, he helps keep the opposition under pressure. We have really struggled with using the ball in his absence as he does so many little things to help his team mates.

Johnson is 30 in the summer and is on colossal wages. Not to mention that Liverpool currently have a host of young RBs waiting to take his place. He is an obvious choice to sell should Liverpool move up to the CL

Slizz

He'll come good eventually, but we don't have the to wait for that to happen. And even he he was playing well we'd still need another midfielder anyway. Do you trust Clev and Anderson, because I certainly don't.

I don't think Moyes knows who to get and for a decent value in that area. I never know wtf he is thinking when it comes to personnel.

kharma45

With the shift Nick Powell is putting in over at Wigan if we can't get anyone in to the club in January we should recall him if we can. Earlier than I'm sure the club ideally want but he's more than proved his quality so far at Wigan.

jesalr

nononononono

Not only is he a quack but his proposed Spurs formation is as follows:

Lloris
Chiriches Dawson Vertonghen
Walker Sandro Paulinho Rose
Townsend
Defoe Soldado

Completely batshit.

That bench could be the most attack minded thing I've ever seen.

Holtby, Eriksen, Lennon, Lamela, Chadli, Dembele.... Big Uncle Brad.

With the shift Nick Powell is putting in over at Wigan if we can't get anyone in to the club in January we should recall him if we can. Earlier than I'm sure the club ideally want but he's more than proved his quality so far at Wigan.

Is Powell the CM we need though? He looks good in attacking positions but how is he with the other side of the game? Last thing we need is another player that's only useful behind the striker.

kharma45

Is Powell the CM we need though? He looks good in attacking positions but how is he with the other side of the game? Last thing we need is another player that's only useful behind the striker.

I'd say so. He's not bad in getting stuck in, he completed 4 tackles (with one getting him booked) in Wigan's last match. Plus we really are lacking in someone to push forward in CM and looking back to their last game again he managed to pop off 6 attempts on goal, and a great pass during the build up that led to Mcmanaman's goal. 82% pass completion too.

We still need a midfield enforcer to come in and break up the play but a Powell-Carrick pairing would be a decent combo if Felliani is still out of sorts since Carrick seems to sit back more for us and make crucial interceptions whilst Powell would be inclined to move forward.

Yen

On the subject of Liverpool full backs, I really think Ryan McLaughlin will be the next to step up assuming he can stay injury free. Good in defence, fantastic technique, good athleticism - he could just as easily play LW or RW as RB (and he has).

LTWheels

Have had a busy last couple of days.

Job interview on Monday, then at 8:30 this morning I received an email asking if I was available for a second round interview today.

Now it's just relax and hope I get the job.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Have had a busy last couple of days.

Job interview on Monday, then at 8:30 this morning I received an email asking if I was available for a second round interview today.

Now it's just relax and hope I get the job.

Best of luck mate
3AQmK.gif

LTWheels

Good luck.

Fingers crossed LT!

Best of luck mate
3AQmK.gif

Cheers lads.

It's been a stressful 6 months. Especially as my friends are off starting their careers and I have felt that I'm just stuck in time.

Hopefully I now have a foot in the door to kick star my legal career.

Once I get some proper work under my belt it means I can avoid that horrible catch-22 situation of needing at least 6 months experience...

Still at least the football has been great this season.

Mastadon

Banned
Cheers lads.

It's been a stressful 6 months. Especially as my friends are off starting their careers and I have felt that I'm just stuck in time.

Hopefully I now have a foot in the door to kick star my legal career.

Once I get some proper work under my belt it means I can avoid that horrible catch-22 situation of needing at least 6 months experience...

Still at least the football has been great this season.

Ahh, you should start a legal practice with Laboured. It has all the hallmarks of a great sitcom.

Top Bottom