• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

So we've all agreed that the Premier League is the best? Good.

Not like it really matters anyway. Football will die after City win the league in May.

rvy

Banned

Not like it really matters anyway. Football will die after City win the league in May.

Real talk? I don't care, I just like arguing for no good reason.

U6Y85HT.png

1V5OR08.png

3EZmfvi.png

voEbzCr.png

kr3M4Ok.png

Lightning

Banned

I would rather City won it than bloody Mou. If Mourinho wins the league again then I will be disgusted, he's a disgrace.

Feorax

What's the deal with Tello?

Seems like every transfer window he gets whored around Europe by his agent in search of game time and/ or a better deal, but then as soon as Barca offer him the chance to go on loan, he shits one and goes back to sit on the bench.

Whatever it is, it seems to have rubbed off on Montoya too.

Fry

Watching HoC just now and it came to my mind for the first time that Spacey was THE perfect actor for the Francis Underwood part.

Match made in heaven.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Over time the Premier League has melded into something sterile and mellow for me. I don't even hate the oil clubs anymore - just a bit of indifference towards it all.

I think the only thing I actively care about is Alan Pardew. I like seeing that smug prick suffer. But I quite like Newcastle, so I don't know.

The only reason I still watch is because Sky Sports keep telling me it's good. If they didn't I would've given up long ago like I did with La Liga. Tried following Villarreal - sorry, can't do it. Turned it over to SPFL League 1 and genuinely enjoyed that more. Don't even want to imagine what Ligue 1 is like. All I know about the Bundesliga is that my Grandfather likes it and he very low levels of oxygen in his body.

rvy

Banned
rvy, are you a Wenger boy? You mentioned watching our matches.

If I had to bet, I'd say that between 2001 and 2005, I watched more Arsenal matches than Benfica matches. Wenger ruined it with his nonsense about signing young boys.
I gave up on Arsenal by late 2009. No point is supporting two loser teams now, is there?

Over time the Premier League has melded into something sterile and mellow for me. I don't even hate the oil clubs anymore - just a bit of indifference towards it all.

I think the only thing I actively care about is Alan Pardew. I like seeing that smug prick suffer. But I quite like Newcastle, so I don't know.

The only reason I still watch is because Sky Sports keep telling me it's good. If they didn't I would've given up long ago like I did with La Liga. Tried following Villarreal - sorry, can't do it. Turned it over to SPFL League 1 and genuinely enjoyed that more. Don't even want to imagine what Ligue 1 is like. All I know about the Bundesliga is that my Grandfather likes it and he very low levels of oxygen in his body.
What's your opinion on Serie A? I like it a lot but it's hard to follow here in Canada. Very, very rarely do we get games from any league besides the EPL unless of course you spend a lot for premium channels.

Barzul

The top Bundesliga teams i.e Bayern and Dortmund might be better than the top teams in the EPL, but overall, the league just isn't as competitive especially now with Fergie's exit. When the title has to be decided on goals difference, you have a league above the rest.

EPL has it all, relegation battles, fight for 4th spot going down to the last day, 6th place finishers winning the CL, new challengers every so often as we've seen with Man City and Liverpool getting new owners. Very few leagues can compete with it as an overall package, La Liga is always between two teams, it's why this year is so exciting because Atletico are hanging up there.

Bundesliga is improving rapidly, but it's going to take some to reach the overall status of the Premier League. When teams not named Bayern Munich can sign players like Hazard, Aguero, Ozil, Suarez even Soldado, then we can talk about the leagues being equal in entertainment value. I think Serie A might even be a bigger draw right now in terms of attracting top players than the German League. English managers are quite shite though so I agree with you on that rvy.

Messi

What's the deal with Tello?

Seems like every transfer window he gets whored around Europe by his agent in search of game time and/ or a better deal, but then as soon as Barca offer him the chance to go on loan, he shits one and goes back to sit on the bench.

Whatever it is, it seems to have rubbed off on Montoya too.

At the end of the day Barça don't want to loan him.

Lightning

Banned
The top Bundesliga teams i.e Bayern and Dortmund might be better than the top teams in the EPL, but overall, the league just isn't as competitive especially now with Fergie's exit. When the title has to be decided on goals difference, you have a league above the rest. .
Only applies to Bayern, not Dortmund.

Lightning

Banned
So the FA cup this weekend. What will be the good games?

Arsenal vs Spurs
Man Utd vs Swansea

Anymore?

United and Arsenal get the rough end of the stick with these draws. We always get PL clubs, it's bullshit.

K1LLER7

So the FA cup this weekend. What will be the good games?

Arsenal vs Spurs
Man Utd vs Swansea

Anymore?

United and Arsenal get the rough end of the stick with these draws. We always get PL clubs, it's bullshit.
We'll meet in the final.

Moyes 1st major trophey.

ReRixo

Banned
As shit as they've been they are only 5 points outside the top 4.

Could anyone imagine a league where the teams were:

Arsenal
City
United
Chelsea
Juventus
Napoli
Milan
Atletico
Madrid
Barcelona
PSG
Bayern
Dortmund
Porto
Celtic
Shakthar
Galatasaray

One league home and away. That would be fucking hard.

This is pretty much my dream of what I want football to become. PL really does suck. I don't know why you included Porto and Celtic though, would much rather have Leverkusen and Liverpool.

I meant to say some of the top teams. Dortmund is better than Liverpool, Spurs and United currently, but they could still lose to those teams. So it's not really clear cut.

Dortumund are kind of trash right now, they need rest. But take away their injuries and they'd best any PL side except maybe Man City.

Lightning

Banned
This is pretty much my dream of what I want football to become. PL really does suck. I don't know why you included Porto and Celtic though, would much rather have Leverkusen and Liverpool.
Liverpool don't play cl football enough so they were excluded and Leverkusen I still feel are weak.

But I dont think the pl sucks. I find it quite fun.

Zabojnik

DOM_1_b6f01ff33b.jpg

Just according to keikaku. Please talk more about how Roma are better than Juve, just like Napoli did before Juve 3 - Napoli 0.

wedward

It's even somewhat regular to end a match with 4 fullbacks on.

I'm totally fine with it as well, as long as we keep winning matches. The mentality in this Arsenal side impresses me so much, especially with our rock solid defence. We used to concede goals like crazy, not any more.

Giroud's general play is a large part of how we got to where we are, but I agree, his limits won't go away and could hold us back. We laugh about it, but if we won the league with Giroud, Bendtner and someone like Berbatov, it would be fucking mental.

If we win the league with just Giroud and Bendtner is it the greatest acheivement in Premiere league history?

Yes. It is.

Draconian

Watching HoC just now and it came to my mind for the first time that Spacey was THE perfect actor for the Francis Underwood part.

Match made in heaven.

Pretty much. The scary thing is it made me want him to succeed. I finished a couple of days ago and am still thinking about it. What a series. Glad I waited so long to watch it because waiting a year for S2 would've been awful.

Salazar

Moyes boy Salazar!

The terrifying thing is that there's probably someone out there with a "Moyes Boy" tattoo.

Or plans to get one.

Wilbs.

OGS is fooling himself if he thinks he can work without Tan's mentalist interference. Sad to see.

Lightning

Banned
I can understand how Arsenal fans are annoying for users right now and have been for a little while but those same people forget all the insults we had to take, all the belittling we took, it got so bad it got to the point there was only like 3 Arsenal users that posted. No one had a problem with this however, this was accepted as fact despite most of what was said being utter shit.

You look at it now, same level of United users now as when they were dominating the league 12mths ago? The simple answer is no. There has been a drop in United wank fest and their constant shitting on others simply because of the performance of their team.

We drew the hardest group in the CL, came through it, after 20 games lead the PL. How many users predicted that after we drew Dortmund and Napoli in the CL and had an opening game loss to Aston Villa at home? No one. Who predicted that we would have picked up the most points in the PL in the calender year of 2013? No one. So what the issue here is the over the top negativity is fine, hilarious and funny but the over the top positivity is annoying, delusional and stupid. Everyone wants to tell us were shit when we lost to Bradford and went out to Blackburn and that's why when I see people moaning at our positivity I think Fuck You because those same users never saw the negative shit as annoying. That was awesome. More the better.

Salazar

did u know bundesliga has 18 teams lol

oi wunner which one Lewa will choose

Lightning said:
You look at it now, same level of United users now as when they were dominating the league 12mths ago? The simple answer is no. There has been a drop in United wank fest and their constant shitting on others simply because of the performance of their team.

You watch it come back in a flash as soon as we're good. More obnoxious than ever before. Even the polite United-bros will be unbearable.

can't believe i'm rooting for Munich on this one. only time in history i want the Messerschmitt to take down the Spitfires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom