• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walshy

Daily Mirror is saying the Tello loan deal is close and Salah is looking likely as well.

Surely the end for Moses if those come off?

L1NETT

How many great finals have there been in recent years? 2010 WC was awful. Nearly 6 years ago that Terry fell on his arse in Moscow.

HOLY FUCK Hailing like a bastard outside

Jack cw

We are gonna be in the UCL next season because we are winning it this season.
tumblr_mek7ehUBtg1ryz7wuo1_500.gif

pappe

I wouldn't wish that on anyone, not even Liverpool. The 2012 CL final was excruciating, watching bastard Robben step up to take that penalty I just knew he was going to miss. Then Jupp decided to change his back 4 with 5 minutes to go, Chelsea win the corner and...

Fuck Bayern.

Didnt they change that rule?

sohois

Daily Mirror is saying the Tello loan deal is close and Salah is looking likely as well.

i don't see Moses being sent back regardless of Liverpool`s transfer dealings. it's not like sahin who was clearly just frozen out, Rodgers obviously likes Moses and continues to include him and bring him on often.

Walshy

i don't see Moses being sent back regardless of Liverpool`s transfer dealings. it's not like sahin who was clearly just frozen out, Rodgers obviously likes Moses and continues to include him and bring him on often.
Yeah, I see that but don't you think that is down to having a very thin squad? The difference with Sahin that he had a number of players in front of him.

-------------------------

Why is Mido (remember him) declaring the Salah will join Liverpool next week?

Your opinion of Wenger is so low it clouds your judgement.

We were linked with Jovetic all year until the summer then the links died and Fiorentina confirmed we never contacted them. Don't believe the papers just for the sake of it. What will be will be.

You forget that according to Wenger he has a massive backroom team that works on transfers.

Yet this massive team allowed us to make a joke over ourselves with Suarez, and our transfer negotiator LAUGHED out the door of Newcastle, bungled the signing of Higuain, and eventually only signed one player who was surplus to requirements at his club.

So when it comes to transfers yes I have a low expectations.

pappe

I like your spirit, but Arsenal isnt just ready yet to beat us in aggregate.

You are probably right but noone expected them to beat Dortmund and qualify our of the group stages as well. I think we all should stop underestimating them now

Splatt

Dundee Utd is the only club who is unbeaten against Barca.

They played 4 matches, all of them ending in Dundee's favor.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Jan Vertonghen and Younes Kaboul have given Tottenham’s new manager Tim Sherwood a massive boost by starting some light running at the training ground as they recover from injury.

The central defensive pair have been missed all season by Spurs, but there are signs that they will soon be back in the first team.

Both players trained on Tuesday as they take the first tentative steps towards a comeback after weeks of misery.

Andros Townsend, Lewis Holtby and Jermain Defoe returned to training on Friday morning.

soon

Clegg

Mou just said he has no intention of selling Mata and the De Bruyne are coming from an agent who wants to be famous.

Make of that what you will.

Feorax

Mou just said he has no intention of selling Mata and the De Bruyne are coming from an agent who wants to be famous.

Male of that what you will.

He could be telling the truth. That being said, what he said in the press conference would be exactly what you would say if you wanted to get a lot of money for Mata and KDB to get the go ahead to buy a striker.

Ryder

Jesus Christ how can people compare Bundesliga to the Premier League with a straight face. Dortmund get a few injuries and they are out of the title race because of it.They have a 5 week break ffs.. its just not demanding league. The league is all ready over before Christmas!

Bayer Leverkusen are coming second and got spanked by Man United at home it just shows you how weak the league is, you even had journos coming out how its a massive problem.

And more than 4 teams play "proper" football in the EPL teams outside of the top 4 like Everton, Tottenham, Man Utd, Newcastle and Southhampton play great football as well. I dont watch a league because teams play homed based players, i watch it as it has great players, i couldnt give a stuff if their arnt any home based players in a team.

TeddyBoy

I think its a Premier League rule were we can only have two players on loan at once (although you can have more if they are loan to buy deals). Under those rules, either Moses or Cissokho will have to be cut.

pappe

Last year none of your teams made the quarter finals and you're telling me Leverkusen (!) getting beaten to a pulp is indicative of the strength of the league?

Obviously Bundesliga isn't as strong as EPL, but using Leverkusen as an example is rather laughable. It's Leverkusen for fuck's sake.

You are kind of proving his point by actually laughing at Leverkusen who are 2nd in Bundesliga.

Feorax

I think its a Premier League rule were we can only have two players on loan at once (although you can have more if they are loan to buy deals). Under those rules, either Moses or Cissokho will have to be cut.

I think it's no more than two from one club isn't it?

I could be wrong, but Everton currently have 3, and I'm not sure any of them are loan to buy.

Ryder

Last year none of your teams made the quarter finals and you're telling me Leverkusen (!) getting beaten to a pulp is indicative of the strength of the league?

Obviously Bundesliga isn't as strong as EPL, but using Leverkusen as an example is rather laughable. It's Leverkusen for fuck's sake.

Well you cant base a league off 1 year of results in the UCL, english teams have proven they are strong over and over in the UCL, its why they are no.1 in UEFA coefficients. Man Utd and Chelsea will easily make the quarters this year.

Leverkusen and Monchengladbach who are 2nd and 3rd respectively in their league will not be in the top 4 in the premier league its why after Bayern their are not many strong strong teams challenger for the title and i cant see it changing soon.

Ryder

It's Leverkusen, they're unique. It's not that they're bad, it's that they'll spontaneously crumble internationally.

Given the insane amount of money EPL has, if anything one has to wonder why they're not dominating international competitions as well.

Its easy to understand as Man Utd are the only top team who can compare to Bayern, Real and Barca from the premier league but they have been run like shit thats why their crap at the moment. Chelsea, Arsenal Man City are all a tier below them imho..

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
De Rossi's quote was out of context btw. He meant seeing his Roma compete for the scudetto without him would fucking kill him.

Just according to keikaku. Please talk more about how Roma are better than Juve, just like Napoli did before Juve 3 - Napoli 0.

Totti “On an individual basis, one against one, we are better than Juve”

iUlzGkDnMeQ2b.gif

O fuck off you grumpy cunt.

HEY

Kyoufu

Every transfer window I see people taking English tabloids seriously. Like Telegraph saying Chelsea have bid for Higuain. I don't know how people believe this nonsense.

pappe

It's Leverkusen, they're unique. It's not that they're bad, it's that they'll spontaneously crumble internationally.

Given the insane amount of money EPL has, if anything one has to wonder why they're not dominating international competitions as well.

Because Real and Barca still have a lot more money than EPL teams. So do PSG and maybe Bayern as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom