• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

wedward

Didn't know Walcott would be out of the World Cup :O

Poor guy. Wanted him to be a stater on the right wing for England :(

Guess we will have to use JM7. The World Cup is ours.

I want to see a Jones Wilshere Barkley mid. Sturridge and Ox on the wings. Rooney up top.

Done, came out good.

Bahaha
Glad someone got it lol
I already forgot about that guy

wedward

Not too sure about Ox but that Midfield would be pretty good.

I'd play Welbeck.

I am biased. I am hoping he will get more playing time at Arsenal and get back to the form he was in when he first joined.

A mid of Jones, Wilshere and Barkley could be great.

Clegg

Jones shouldn't be a midfielder. Genuinely don't want to see him play there.

Nobody wants to see him turn into a rich mans John O'Shea.

wedward

Jones shouldn't be a midfielder. Genuinely don't want to sew him play there.

England don't really need him at CB and they are lacking in mid. If Carrick features heavily in the world cup England will clank their way out of the group stage.

Scum

England don't really need him at CB and they are lacking in mid. If Carrick features heavily in the world cup England will clank their way out of the group stage.

Well they should. England's merry band of players aren't getting any younger. I want Hodgson to throw out all the old fogies, regardless of how good or bad the World Cup campaign goes.

Lightning

Banned
I feel terrible for him. He must be having a rough day. Absolutely devastating. He will be 29 at the next world cup :(

Once he loses his pace he will be passed over.
Yeah its shattering for Theo. I don't give a toss about the effect on Arsenal, we have others who can replace and players health comes first.

But absolutely shattered for Theo who was getting better and better as a footballer. A cruel hit and it could be a long road back for Theo if he ever gets back. Look on twitter and see idiots laughing and making a joke out of it as a means as a fuck you to Arsenal are disgusting. The effect on Arsenal is very small, players are replaceable and we have others but the effect on Walcott's career could be permanent and that's a shame.

Just fucking sucks.

Barzul

I don't get what's so wrong in saying Arsenal could and should sign Costa especially if we win the league (and I hope we do) . Sure I might have made some more unfeasible claims like the Alexis Sanchez stuff but that was just fooling around. But Costa actually makes sense Atletico won't sell to Madrid and Chelsea are getting Lukaku back and will probably be in for Rooney. What other top European team is need for a striker? If Costa was available and he is as every club in Europe knows his release clause who do you guys think will be in for him then? This is for the summer mind.

Randdalf

I don't get what's so wrong in saying Arsenal could and should sign Costa especially if we win the league (and I hope we do) . Sure I might have made some more unfeasible claims like the Alexis Sanchez stuff but that was just fooling around. But Costa actually makes sense Atletico won't sell to Madrid and Chelsea are getting Lukaku back and will probably be in for Rooney. What other top European team is need for a striker? If Costa was available and he is as every club in Europe knows his release clause who do you guys think will be in for him then?

Man City are always in the market for another striker, they can't get enough of the buggers.

Scum

Yeah its shattering for Theo. I don't give a toss about the effect on Arsenal, we have others who can replace and players health comes first.

But absolutely shattered for Theo who was getting better and better as a footballer. A cruel hit and it could be a long road back for Theo if he ever gets back. Look on twitter and see idiots laughing and making a joke out of it as a means as a fuck you to Arsenal are disgusting. The effect on Arsenal is very small, players are replaceable and we have others but the effect on Walcott's career could be permanent and that's a shame.

Just fucking sucks.

Lightning, pls. Stay away from Twitter for shit like that.

Lightning

Banned
I don't get what's so wrong in saying Arsenal could and should sign Costa especially if we win the league (and I hope we do) . Sure I might have made some more unfeasible claims like the Alexis Sanchez stuff but that was just fooling around. But Costa actually makes sense Atletico won't sell to Madrid and Chelsea are getting Lukaku back and will probably be in for Rooney. What other top European team is need for a striker? If Costa was available and he is as every club in Europe knows his release clause who do you guys think will be in for him then? This is for the summer mind.
On sheer hype alone Costa is going to demand high wages and you under estimate Madrid and Barca. Madrid brought Isco even though Ozil was there, Bale when they didn't even need him. Chelsea brought Willian and didn't need him, City brought Jovetic and didn't need him. Logic doesn't work with these clubs, it just doesn't work like that.

We should not be trying to get Costa or someone who is in the media spotlight because of the attraction they cause, we need someone not linked heavily in the media as they are much easier to get.

Barzul

Just fucking sucks.

I feel for Theo. He really deserved to make this WC. Such a shame.

Scum

Nothing wrong with being linked to Costa or wanting him at Arsenal. I just think he has a good thing going on at Atl. Madrid. He's also just switch alliances to Spain and like Lightning mentioned, expect the rich arse clubs to just step in because they can.

Barzul

On sheer hype alone Costa is going to demand high wages and you under estimate Madrid and Barca. Madrid brought Isco even though Ozil was there, Bale when thye didn't even need him. Chelsea brought Willian and didn't need him, City brought Jovetic and didn't need him. Logic doesn't work with these clubs, it just doesn't work like that.

We should not be trying to get Costa or someone who is in the media spotlight because of the attraction they cause, we need someone not linked heavily in the media as they are much easier to get.

At. Madrid won't sell to RM, they didn't with Aguero or Falcao, have no reason to see why they start now. Barca I never really considered, but could definitely be in for him.

Scum

On sheer hype alone Costa is going to demand high wages and you under estimate Madrid and Barca. Madrid brought Isco even though Ozil was there, Bale when they didn't even need him. Chelsea brought Willian and didn't need him, City brought Jovetic and didn't need him. Logic doesn't work with these clubs, it just doesn't work like that.

You can have Defoe.
EuvEO5Z.png

Lightning

Banned
At. Madrid won't sell to RM, they didn't with Aguero or Falcao, have no reason to see why they start now. Barca I never really considered, but could definitely be in for him.
Don't think Aguero or Falcao had release clauses though. Sociedad didn't want to sell Illara either but had no choice, it's the way Madrid roll. Barca need a centre forward, biggest possibility.

I haven't given any thought to Costa. It's impossible and if you think we're signing him in January or the summer you will be very disappointed and end up moaning why we didn't when it wasn't possible. We are Arsenal, not some stupid club who will just pay whatever the player wants, ala Anzhi.

wedward

Do you honestly believe this? Every team knows what is going on. There are no secrets.

I think Wenger will go after Costa as hard as he can because he knows what a good position we are in right now. I don't think we can win the league if we don't get a striker in. With Theo out all it takes is a couple poor games from Giroud and we are relying on Podolski and Bendtner.

GorillaJu

Wes

Pls

This thread

You know how when you go to prison, you need to get a bitch to show everyone who is the big man 'round the house.

Make this thread your bitch, Wes

Lightning

Banned
Do you honestly believe this? Every team knows what is going on. There are no secrets.

I think Wenger will go after Costa as hard as he can because he knows what a good position we are in right now. I don't think we can win the league if we don't get a striker in. With Theo out all it takes is a couple poor games from Giroud and we are relying on Podolski and Bendtner.
I just see Costa as a lot of hype and unattainable. I don't think we have the puling power to get him. 99% of the time we don't get our heavily linked with targets. Cahill, Jagielka, Mata, Jovetic etc.. not linked with Ozil basically at all we got him. Linked with Cazorla for 2 weeks, got him, no Monreal link that I was aware off, got him. We'll see if we get someone, I'd wager though that it won't be a name in the public just yet.

LegoArmo

Just thinking about the England national team set up, and I thought I'd just come in here and say respect to Manchester United, Liverpool, Everton and Southampton for actually playing and growing English players.

Clegg

Good news United bros, sounds like we have unlimited funds again.
I genuinely don't know if the club are gaming us or not. I mean, we know the money is there, but it's never spent. Players aren't available or there was no value in the market are the usual excuses for not signing the big names. Then we're told not to worry because we have plenty if money to strengthen the squad next time around. What's their game?

pulga

Banned
guys that church of satan thread in OT

i wiki'd the church, and it apparently doesn't worship or even believe in satan at all

their rules are fucking GLORIOUS

The Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth
  1. Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.
  2. Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.
  3. When in another's lair, show them respect or else do not go there.
  4. If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat them cruelly and without mercy.
  5. Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.
  6. Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and they cry out to be relieved.
  7. Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.
  8. Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.
  9. Do not harm little children.
  10. Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.
  11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they don’t stop, destroy them.

I'm fucking joining, this shit makes waaaaaaay more sense than anything else I've ever heard <3

WhoScored.com &#8207;@WhoScored 8h

Bryan Cristante: Recorded the third highest rating in a game (9.0 vs Atalanta) by a player aged U19 in Europe's top 5 leagues this season

And it only took Allegri half the season to play him. I look forward to Cristante hitting the bench as soon as Muntari is back.

Rikkun

guys that church of satan thread in OT

i wiki'd the church, and it apparently doesn't worship or even believe in satan at all

their rules are fucking GLORIOUS

The Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth
  1. Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.
  2. Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.
  3. When in another's lair, show them respect or else do not go there.
  4. If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat them cruelly and without mercy.
  5. Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.
  6. Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and they cry out to be relieved.
  7. Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.
  8. Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.
  9. Do not harm little children.
  10. Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.
  11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they don’t stop, destroy them.

I'm fucking joining, this shit makes waaaaaaay more sense than anything else I've ever heard <3

You got me at the first point.

GorillaJu

Just thinking about the England national team set up, and I thought I'd just come in here and say respect to Manchester United, Liverpool, Everton and Southampton for actually playing and growing English players.

The only youth academy player Liverpool can be legitimately given credit for is Steven Gerrard. Flanagan may become a player in the broader sense, but the best you could say about our coaching is that we're keen to nurture. Southampton should get special credit for producing talent - they could churn out the next English team with players like Ward Prowse, Clyne, Shaw, Chambers, Johnstone (talented young keeper), Ox, etc.

United deserve credit for Welbeck, but Cleverley is a Bradford boy if I recall correctly. The history is there, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom