• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feorax

Article in the Telegraph is amazing. Apparently Chelsea are seething that we aren't using Victor Moses enough, but apparently aren't pissed off enough to recall him.

Like I said, not our fault he's a lazy cunt. He could easily have been as successful as Sturridge here, but he obviously doesn't care enough to take his chances.

Messi

Did you ever feel like spending so much time thinking about one person that you don't actually have a relationship(platonic or sexual) with was damaging?

Absolutely. But it wasn't just about her. I made friends there and liked talking to them about all kinds of stuff. Like football gaf. I don't really watch football anymore other than whenever barca play but I still post here because I like all but 3 people here.

pulga

Banned
can we go back to pulga's thread?

fuck y'all, you had your chance at paradise and you chose an uncapitalized cesspit

wes pls ban these gooner alts mucking up the thread pls

Absolutely. But it wasn't just about her. I made friends there and liked talking to them about all kinds of stuff. Like football gaf. I don't really watch football anymore other than whenever barca play but I still post here because I like all but 3 people here.

i better be one or im calling interpol on your candy ass

the-people-s-eyebrow-o.gif

wedward

That's good. I just find it interesting. Didn't mean any offense if it came off like that.

Yen

Something has been said somewhere. The figure generally being spouted is around £100m per season for the next two seasons, including January's.

Sky have run the story, ducker has run the story and the guardian are running it so it must have legs... even the Mail are running it so it must be true.

It does seem to be that we're looking to bring in 4-6 players between now and the first day of September with our list of targets being: Koke, Gundogen, Reus, Mangala and Shaw amongst others. Koke apparently won't happen until the summer and I feel Shaw is a pointless target.

Of course it could all be BS but it's a lot of smoke to have no fire.

Or the Utd PR machine is going into overdrive

valeo

Article in the Telegraph is amazing. Apparently Chelsea are seething that we aren't using Victor Moses enough, but apparently aren't pissed off enough to recall him.

Like I said, not our fault he's a lazy cunt. He could easily have been as successful as Sturridge here, but he obviously doesn't care enough to take his chances.

How exactly do you know he's a 'lazy cunt'?

Salvadora

Why would Chelsea care about Victor Moses getting playing time?

It's not like he has any future at Chelsea. Shouldn't have been bought in the first place.

Feorax

How exactly do you know he's a 'lazy cunt'?

Because I can see it in his performances?

Most of the time he spends on the pitch seems to be either;

1. Giving the ball away and then strolling slowly back as the opposition breaks.

2. Making short passes and then not bothering to make himself availible.

3. Taking stupid pot shots from range when he's supposedly a very talented dribbler of the ball.

He was a beast at Wigan, and was good for Chelsea when he played, but I've never seen anyone look so nonchalant about being given an opportunity to play.

Baki

Don't be upset that I didn't include any Dortmund players in next seasons Arsenal team.

It's just that if we want to beat Bayern we can't have any players that secretly would rather be playing for Bayern.

Haha ouch. Should probably rename dortmund to Bayern B. lolol

Walshy

Why would Chelsea care about Victor Moses getting playing time?

It's not like he has any future at Chelsea. Shouldn't have been bought in the first place.

they want to make money off him in the summer?

I thought that was pretty bloody obvious.

Salvadora

they want to make money off him in the summer?

I thought that was pretty bloody obvious.

They will make money off him regardless of Liverpool playing him very much or not.

Can't imagine Chelsea being "seething" over a couple of million. This is a club who spent £50m on Torres.

wedward

Do you think Chezni has what it takes to be our #1 shot stopper going forward or do you feel like he's still a liability.

I only recall one glaring mistake and that was the goal he gave up to West Ham. I think Wenger will stick with him unless he has a major collapse. I think SHZ will be our #1 for the foreseeable future. He deserves it. He really turned it around after being dropped last season. Looks very confident and assured. Right now he is top 5 in England. Maybe top 3.

Do you think Chezni has what it takes to be our #1 shot stopper going forward or do you feel like he's still a liability.

Are you kidding? Szczesny is one of the best keepers out there. And still so young. I'd be happy to have such a great keeper in the team.

Draconian

Started watching Breaking Bad. Pretty good so far, but kind of depressing. Acting's good though and I'm curious to see where this goes.

Feorax

Tbf, id rather buy a RB and see how Robinson develops than buy a LB in this window, especially one like Bertrand who doesn't really improve us.

Despite earlier concerns, Cissokho has done ok recently. Perfectly acceptable cover.

Baki

I only recall one glaring mistake and that was the goal he gave up to West Ham. I think Wenger will stick with him unless he has a major collapse. I think SHZ will be our #1 for the foreseeable future.

I don't feel like he will ever be world class.

Are you kidding? Szczesny is one of the best keepers out there. And still so young. I'd be happy to have such a great keeper in the team.

This season he's been quite good (but that's more to do with kosc and mert) but he's still making silly mistakes. One day it might cost us.

wedward

I don't feel like he will ever be world class.

This season he's been quite good (but that's more to do with kosc and mert) but he's still making silly mistakes. One day it might cost us.

You don't need a world class keeper to win. Barca and City are good examples of that.

SHZ is too young to say either way. But I definitely think he will be one of the better keepers in Europe.

wedward

In all seriousness, I don't think we are getting Costa, Draxler or Reus or any of those guys.

I think Morata is a long shot but still realistic. I am hopeful.

Theo out is a bummer but not the end of the world.

I hope we win the league but there is a long way to go.

You all seem like nice people. I was just messing around with Baki and trying to have some fun.

Ozil is better than your favorite player

Fergie

Banned
In all seriousness, I don't think we are getting Costa, Draxler or Reus or any of those guys.

You all seem like nice people. I was just messing around with Baki and trying to have some fun.
Donning a avatar makes everyone nice.

Scum

Apparently, Valve and Sony's CES press conferences are on at the same time. Brace for GAF possible downtime.

Baki

Ozil is better than your favorite player

That was too much fun. We should do it again sometime.

K1LLER7

Didn't know Walcott would be out of the World Cup :O

Poor guy. Wanted him to be a stater on the right wing for England :(

Guess we will have to use JM7. The World Cup is ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom