• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjaelke

onBI3D8.jpg

Who's reporting it?

Dutch media: http://www.ad.nl/ad/nl/11264/Transf...x-azen-ook-Liverpool-en-Swansea-op-John.dhtml

Lightning

Banned
Samuel ‏@samuelj29060 41m

Wenger has requested a full report from his scouts on Sporting Lisbon's highly-rated midfielder William Carvalho: http://bit.ly/1aD2x65

Why Arsene, WHY? We have Arteta and Flamini for that position and Ramsey/Wilshere for the other spot. Go and annoy Porto by bidding for Jackson Martinez, although not ideal he would be useful.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Conte is only second to Pep when it comes to tactics according to Michael Cox. That's MASSIVE coming from him of all people.

United come on

All he needs is English lessons and a pack of gum
I'm terrified we might actually sign Biabiany. Conte pls, start looking for proper 4-3-3 players. It was a spectacular formation when Pepe was still a football player.

We have to go back
at least in Europe.
Our 4-3-3 vs Madrid was hard-on inducing innit

Fuck wingers, we got Marchisio ♡
pls understand

Lightning

Banned
Moyes has scouted him inside out. Moyes knows when William Carvalho will die and what his children will do for a living.
He makes sense for United though, doesn't make sense coming to Arsenal. We need a striker.

Fuck Liverpool. If they had sold us Suarez we would have the league won by the end of March.

Because I can see it in his performances?

Most of the time he spends on the pitch seems to be either;

1. Giving the ball away and then strolling slowly back as the opposition breaks.

2. Making short passes and then not bothering to make himself availible.

3. Taking stupid pot shots from range when he's supposedly a very talented dribbler of the ball.

He was a beast at Wigan, and was good for Chelsea when he played, but I've never seen anyone look so nonchalant about being given an opportunity to play.

Nuri-Sahin~15.jpg

Wish I'd started listening to Football Weekly ages ago. Its bloody brilliant.

Hearing that this Traore fella is 6ft8" makes me desperate for him to join the PL

Who's better, Rossi or Balotelli? Haven't watched Rossi since he left Villareal

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
guys that church of satan thread in OT

i wiki'd the church, and it apparently doesn't worship or even believe in satan at all

their rules are fucking GLORIOUS

The Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth
  1. Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.
  2. Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.
  3. When in another's lair, show them respect or else do not go there.
  4. If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat them cruelly and without mercy.
  5. Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.
  6. Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and they cry out to be relieved.
  7. Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.
  8. Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.
  9. Do not harm little children.
  10. Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.
  11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they don’t stop, destroy them.

I'm fucking joining, this shit makes waaaaaaay more sense than anything else I've ever heard <3
Ahahahaha what in the fuuuck!? I had to step outside to laugh at this and the Michael Bay video :lol

Lair.....mating signal

I LOVE THIS

I'M IN! TAKE MY SOUL SATAN

Traore is rubbish. Hiddink preferred to keep Traore on the bench and play with no striker most of the time. I think that says enough.

Of course. Europa League games are so forgettable tbh
I think we both know that getting eliminated by Zenit was the height of Liverpool's miserable existence last season.

Traore is rubbish. Hiddink preferred to keep Traore on the bench and play with no striker most of the time. I think that says enough.

I think we both know that getting eliminated by Zenit was the height of Liverpool's miserable existence last season.

That's actually probably true, depressingly :(

Hulk, ffs

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
A Romanista blogger

"That poor Juventino kid who held up his fingers to make the "2-0" gesture yesterday. Growing up as a Juventino. Never knowing suffering."

a river of tears is running down my cheekbones

U WOT M8

Feorax

Oliver Kay &#8207;@OliverKayTimes 6m
Mangala, Gundogan, Reus, Costa. It's one thing #MUFC identifying targets, but they've never been less alluring. January? No chance IMHO

Oliver Kay &#8207;@OliverKayTimes 43s
Money is indeed "there" but I've big doubts about #MUFC willingness or ability to buy that quality of player. Summer? Maybe odd one. Now? No

Probably not exactly "news", but I do think it will be extremely costly if United don't strengthen at all in this window, especially since those above them are likely to.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Allegri gold

“I don’t particularly care who will be the Milan Coach next season. I’m sure they will choose someone worthy of the job and worthy of replacing his predecessor, which is me.”
Even a traffic cone would be a worthy replacement.

dc89

Mike Summerbee has explained why the atmosphere at the Etihad falls a little flat at times.

“Someone said to me at a match the other day that it was very quiet and that the crowd weren't making much noise.

“I told them it was because they were in awe of what they were watching. I was in awe."

Mike Summerbee has explained why the atmosphere at the Etihad falls a little flat at times.

“Someone said to me at a match the other day that it was very quiet and that the crowd weren't making much noise.

“I told them it was because they were in awe of what they were watching. I was in awe."

Michael-Bolton-is-Sick-Of-The-Office-Life.gif

that's some grade A spinning, jesus.

D_prOdigy

ifmSHlTTkvOUk.gif

Salazar

David Ngog, signed from Liverpool for £4m, is currently earning £35,000 a week to sit on the bench and seems prepared to stay there until his contract runs out in the summer. So desperate are the club to lose him from the wage roster they are trying to pay him off to go to Bursaspor in Turkey for a nominal fee. Chris Eagles (£30,000 a week) is in the same wage bracket.

NGOG

Me0ykJS.jpg

Do I think Moyes is a bad manager? Not really. It's too soon to say.

He was given a team that miraculously won the BPL last year. I remember we Man Utd. fans always had something to complain about after every game. From Rio, to Evra, Valencia, Young and Welbeck. Our midfield problems were apparent from last year too, which was why Rooney of all people was used to play in mid.

This year while Valencia and Welbeck has improved, they honestly would only be good enough for mid tier teams, and Rio, Evra and Young has been shit upon shit. Now our two best players are injured (plus Phil Jones at a certain extent) and that score during the game with Swansea didn't surprise me. We are just toothless at this point and you could very well put a YouTube video of the blunders our defenders do with Benny Hill's team playing over it. A large problems are with our players, and they either need to step up or sold.

EDIT: Anyway, I'm excited about the Manchester United vs Cardiff game I'll be seeing. Even if we lose, it will be to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. <3

:lol isn't he the twat that went crazy on sky sports a few seasons ago

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Le Parisien:

Paris Saint Germain and Monaco set to fight for Tottenham Hotspur's Kyle Walker

Absolutely out of the question. Walker is one of our most important players and has probably been our best this season.

This year while Valencia and Welbeck has improved, they honestly would only be good enough for mid tier teams, and Rio, Evra and Young has been shit upon shit.

116_zps60871e67.gif

Spurs are a feeder club. small fish, a fuckin sardine if you will.

also, gave back the PS4 to my mate, fuck it, gonna buy one myself this weekend.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
u tell em, Usho

One thing Spurs do not do is sell important players

I don't think we've ever sold an important player in January, not since we became top 4 contenders.

How much would someone like Walker cost to a club like PSG? £25-30m?

Carbonox

Redknapp on Remy:

{quote}"If someone came back and offered £15m or £16m for him I think I'd sell him - if it was my choice, but it isn't, it's up to the chairman."
{quote}

Everyone's reporting this spew of feces today.

die redknapp die

pls

8m will get him you bag of gone off arse pork

The only thing he is right about is the surprise that Newcastle aren't trying to sign him permanently. I think we're resigned to him going off to a Champions League club in the Summer, hence our push for a couple of strikers.

Salvadora

Why Arsene, WHY? We have Arteta and Flamini for that position and Ramsey/Wilshere for the other spot. Go and annoy Porto by bidding for Jackson Martinez, although not ideal he would be useful.
If he bids, sure, but ain't nothing wrong with getting a scouting report for an upcoming talent. Arteta isn't getting younger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom