• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't disagree with Walcott being too reliant on pace (me and Bud have been going on about that for ages) but he has improved this year. your posts just sounds so incredibly heartless.

He is a really nice guy and someone who genuinely seems to love the club. He is the one player I have tried to always been positive about, but when I see that grin of his when he is stretchered off knowing that he is out for another 6 months,
Arsenal talk for 10 months.
it just makes me so mad.

rvy

Banned
I don't see how this is supposed to be inflammatory.

It's not, I want you to provide solutions for this mess. Mourinho is out of the question, United didn't want him anyway. Mourinho is too low class for United.

Maybe you should get fucking Laudrup.

bud

gervinho's the complete antithesis of what a professional footballer should be. i genuinely don't understand how he manages to land himself a contract at someone f the biggest clubs in europe. furthermore, the fact that roma bought him back for a reasonably high fee is perplexing. i realise it's the same manager he's worked with before, but my god, man.

bad first touch, no vision, bad decision making, awful finishing; everything about him is so awful.

rvy

Banned
gervinho's the complete antithesis of what a professional footballer should be. i genuinely don't understand how he manages to land himself a contract at someone f the biggest clubs in europe. furthermore, the fact that roma bought him back for a reasonably high fee is perplexing. i realise it's the same manager he's worked with before, but my god, man.

bad first touch, no vision, bad decision making, awful finishing; everything about him is so awful.

There's always market for a fast black man. There's always a bunch of dipshits who hire him. Look at Arsenal.

Carbonox

Why do you think he went to football as his next adventure? His Predator clan couldn't deal with his inability to go for the kill and shunned him.

Clegg

It's not, I want you to provide solutions for this mess. Mourinho is out of the question, United didn't want him anyway. Mourinho is too low class for United.

No idea. The club needs to spend lots of money to solve the problem otherwise life outside the top 4 is an acute possibility. Promote youth where we can and pray Moyes gets things right with his signings.

oh, there's one man to manage United and steer the ship into glory.

Jorge-Jesus-Treinador-do-Benfica.jpg

rvy

Banned
No idea. The club needs to spend lots of money to solve the problem otherwise life outside the top 4 is an acute possibility. Promote youth where we can and pray Moyes gets things right with his signings.

You'll need a whole lot of praying because it sure as shit didn't work out last summer.
Maybe fire Moyes and get a Furgur assistant to coach for the rest of the season and start planning next season right now.

With Laudrup in mind.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris

I am of the firm belief we wont sign anyone of note, if anything 1 or 2 loans are not out of the question to stabilise for summer, who those loans are I do not know but I think that is more feasible than bringing in a big name in this window.

Moyes and his backroom staff better get their act together in the summer, anyone worth their salt will be at the WC and if it is silly business to wait for the WC to be over to sign talent, gotta get the deals done before hand or risk clubs stalling and upping the price if their player does well.

Rikkun

A Romanista blogger

"That poor Juventino kid who held up his fingers to make the "2-0" gesture yesterday. Growing up as a Juventino. Never knowing suffering."

a river of tears is running down my cheekbones

U WOT M8

Cry moar, Roma.
We suffered and we came back. We stand.

You cry and always end mid-table.

Milan and Galliani are hyping the shit out of Honda but apparently forgot about Nainggolan and D'Ambrosio: the first one will have his medicals with Roma today, the second will sign with Inter either today or tomorrow.
My hopes regarding Radja were really low after what Galliani said yesterday, yet I hoped that we could've grabbed at least one of the players we were after. I was wrong.
Berlusconi just going mad collecting Yens. After Galliani will be gone they'll need ten times the money they used before to assemble a decent team.

Honda is a good player too, but I don't think he'll solve your problems.

Well he played some very good matches in Roma, everyone praised him as a wonderful player (he's still searching for the ball somewhere in Torino but yeah)

pappe

Signings is one thing but they wont mean shit if our tactics are toothless. Right now our tactics are pass the ball to the wings and cross and hope one of them clicks.

Its predictable, outdated and easy to defend against. We can buy Ronaldo and Messi but its still not gonna be enough if that is our go to tactic. I hope and pray Moyes is capable of changing tactics but from what i have seen so far i dont think he is capable.

rvy

Banned
Signings is one thing but they wont mean shit if our tactics are toothless. Right now our tactics are pass the ball to the wings and cross and hope one of them clicks.

Its predictable, outdated and easy to defend against. We can buy Ronaldo and Messi but its still not gonna be enough if that is our go to tactic. I hope and pray Moyes is capable of changing tactics but from what i have seen so far i dont think he is capable.

paul-ince-blackburn-football.gif

OH MY GOD

PLS

I'M DYING

Mastadon

Banned
Guys I've just had a packet of Quavers and all of the cheese powder flavouring had collected at the bottom of the bag into a big ball of cheese. I obviously ate the uncut cheese powder and now I'm having hallucinations and heart palpitations.

Am I already dead?

Berlusconi just going mad collecting Yens. After Galliani will be gone they'll need ten times the money they used before to assemble a decent team.

Honda is a good player too, but I don't think he'll solve your problems.

We just need to invest in two quality CBs. After that, the team will be competitive. The squad is already not that bad, we are severely underperforming. It's not like Inter last season, that was just a terrible squad.

Honda fixes any creativity problems we would have going forward. Him, Kaka and Balo is deadly. It's just hard to win games when you have guys like Mexes and Zapata back there hoofing the ball forward and making simple mental errors week in and week out.

Rikkun

We just need to invest in two quality CBs. After that, the team will be competitive. The squad is already not that bad, we are severely underperforming. It's not like Inter last season, that was just a terrible squad.

Honda fixes any creativity problems we would have going forward. Him, Kaka and Balo is deadly. It's just hard to win games when you have guys like Mexes and Zapata back there hoofing the ball forward and making simple mental errors week in and week out.

I strongly agree.

You cant' build a decent play if everytime the opponents have the ball your legs start shaking.
It's true that at least here in Italy you win by not gifting goals, and you don't have a single CB who's worthy of wearing that jersey. From Thiago Silva Maldini and Nesta to Zapata Bonera and Mexes. Can't say I'm sad, don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't want Mexes to even enter Piemonte.

PS: what about that young CB from Cagliari? I can't recall his name right now :( He's been waiting for your call for three years now..

Rikkun

Astori???? Gosh he is so shit. Everytime I watch him he gets a red card. Seeing him play for Italy is a nightmare.

Really? I actually never seen him play for Italy, so I'll take your word :D

Just take an expert thirty-something on loan from mid-low teams to reach May and then search someone from Serie B using Football Manager. Good luck finding a good and cheap CB without Gallianone.

We will end them, bro.

irefusetoquotethis.gif

And next time someone goes in hard on that thug Canas, I want them to properly hit him.

We play Swansea the weekend after so fingers crossed Moyes releases the Jones to deal massive damage with his shoulder barges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom