• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

We play Swansea the weekend after so fingers crossed Moyes releases the Jones to deal massive damage with his shoulder barges.

BMVWR8w.gif

Moyes might be expected to be tentative about players returning from injury. But you're right. Fuck it. It's Phil Jones.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Arsenal Facebook are asking for messages of support for Theo on his recovery.

My message is that he should fucking retire because he is a useless gobshite. It feels like he has been injured more than he has played for us. And now he will be earning two million for sitting on his arse.

Its not like RVP who was actually talented. Theo is useless. Gnabry is already a more complete player except for the finishing. It is amazing that Theo is still not able to beat his man. The guy can't play with his back to goal. He just realise on pure pace. As soon as his speed is gone he is done. He is not like Henry who is a master finisher and alround skillful player who despite not being as quick can still beat players. Theo is going to be done by the age of 27.

I knew we would regret giving him 100k a year. He really just isn't a good enough player to be earning that or to be a regular starter for a top 4 team.

At least for the rest of the season we won't have to see hom fucking act like he can take corners and free kicks.
Omgomgomgomg thank god im in a hospital right now because I think im gonna pass out here

YES SHANKS

YESSSSS

Fergie

Banned
Fuck my local Game and most of the other electronic stores are out of stock on PS4. Might have to order online, probably better deals.

Still in high demand.

Omgomgomgomg thank god im in a hospital right now because I think im gonna pass out here

YES SHANKS

YESSSSS

i hope you are ok. give my regards to Theo if you see him in there.

I shouldn't rant on my phone. rereading it is full of spelling mistakes. :p

phaze

This is pure gold.

Re: Walcott. I think Theo has improved immensely in the past 1.5-2 years. I really disliked him in the past and he's still a frustrating player to watch but I think today, his end product justifies both his contract and his place in the team. Too bad about injury, let's hope will make a full recovery.

Salazar

Is that Stewart Downing in his stomach?

He's passed so many fucking medicals in his career that I can't imagine there's anything anatomically oo-er.

Guardian story on Lucas Neill is quality. Wants to go to World Cup. Needs to play regular, like. No A League clubs seem to want him.

No A League clubs, lol

Milan's next manager should be easy to control, crowd pleasing and Italian.

topogigio_sisi.jpg

that's right, a Topo Gigio reference in 2014. deal with it.

Looks like Carroll will be on the bench against Cardiff on Sunday.

With Noble, Collins & Tomkins back shortly and Reid back at the end of the month, I really hope this is the turning point for us. But, knowing our luck, Carroll gets brought on in the last fifteen minutes and is then promptly re-injured for the rest of the season.

Clegg

"We have had many offers for Miralem," sporting director Walter Sabatini is quoted by the Gazzetta dello Sport.

"And not necessarily from PSG. For the moment he's for sale."
I saw that quote yesterday, but it seems like a mistranslation. "For the moment he's for sale". Doesn't seem like something like a club should say.

Obv I hope he is for sale and we're genuinely interested. If Moyes gives the players not available/no value spiel I'll cry.

Kenka

Interesting facts :

Do you know the club which has spent the more times at the top of the UEFA yearly coefficient table among those from the Bundesliga ?

It's
Borussia M'gladbach

we got all the players all the big teams want.

in the case of the above pictured Sulejmani you can just take him. been useless to us.

Roma re not gonna sell Pjanic. He is there second most important player and the fct that they got rid of Lamela meant they could keep Pjanic. Also this is a club with ambitious owners and I doubt they would sell him when they are sitting pretty in the table in second only 8 points off. Lets not act like Serie A is over.

Of course knowing Roma they might now bomb hard the rest of the month and he will be sold on the last day

K1LLER7

So one guy says we have offered and the Italian press are saying Pjanic is set to sign a contract extension till 2019.

Doubt we'll sign anyone soon.

Clegg

Roma re not gonna sell Pjanic. He is there second most important player and the fct that they got rid of Lamela meant they could keep Pjanic. Also this is a club with ambitious owners and I doubt they would sell him when they are sitting pretty in the table in second only 8 points off. Lets not act like Serie A is over.

Of course knowing Roma they might now bomb hard the rest of the month and he will be sold on the last day
Contract expires in 2015 though. If he doesn't renew then they may have to sell before his value depreciates.

Italian journo says he'll renew while Bosnian journo says he may go to United

K1LLER7

They signed a midfielder from Boca and they seem set to sign another in this window. Pjanic pls.

kharma45

Contract expires in 2015 though. If he doesn't renew then they may have to sell before his value depreciates.

Italian journo says he'll renew while Bosnian journo says he may go to United

On that journo, a Bosnian guy on Reddit

just a bit more info on the journalist guy. I see he has worked at SportSport.ba and Sport.ba both sources generally considered unreliable and amateurish here. Plus, our journalists have a tendency to go crazy during these transfer periods as evidenced by Edin Džeko being linked with every possible team on the planet during the last 4 years. Take it with a grain of salt.

I'm not going to believe any transfer news unless I see a picture of the player shaking hands with a half smiling half I don't know what I'm doing looking Moyes

Az

I actually want Pjanic at United. He did tell me that he likes the EPL quite a bit.

Also, if the source is sportsport.ba or klix.ba or sport.ba, don't trust it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom