• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

bud

fuck
dwgirIQ.png

Linius

What if United actually will be out of any cups tournament and won't make it to European football. Would they keep Moyes on? I can't think of an excuse for such bad results, he came at a good point and had some good players around to work with. It's not like United was at a low when he stepped in.

confuziz

Banned
How can you expect him to listen to the guy that says managers don't matter? Moyes is proving you wrong all season.

I don't agree. Everyone knows you need a few new signings each year to remain at the top. United didn't buy anything special (Fellaini doesn't count). They also won the league last year not because they were very good, but because the other teams failed miserably (much like the Eredivisie the last 3 years).

bud

I don't agree. Everyone knows you need a few new signings each year to remain at the top. United didn't buy anything special (Fellaini doesn't count). They also won the league last year not because they were very good, but because the other teams failed miserably (much like the Eredivisie the last 3 years).

there's a massive difference between staying at the top and plummeting to seventh.

Fergie

Banned
Yes. He should. He clearly is not the man capable of handling such a high pressure job. Tactically and otherwise.
I rather wait till he has time to buy players and ship out any deadwood.

It's his first season. Isn't entirely his fault.

Bumhead

Banned
Watching Sunderland a couple of times this season and watching Connor Wickham a few times this season, I'm stumped as to why he's out of favour.

Different levels but still. Must be a different player when he goes back up there because the one we've got is a cut above anything Sunderland have got upfront at the minute.

L1NETT

Discussion should probably wait, but Moyes did inherit a shite squad. Fergie worked miracles to win what was admittedly a poor league last year but to some extent Moyes can be absolved of a bit of the blame.

Put it this way, this decline isn't a massive shock.

Anyway, back to the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom