• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.
how much did it cost you? the panasonic gt30 plasma that i have cost 600 euros--and that was a year and a half ago. should be able to get them for a low(er) price if you're in the market for one.

i got this TV early last year, March i think. cost me 299€ during some promo the Media Markt here had. extremely happy with it.

it does have wifi, but that requires a seperate wifi dongle.

but who goes online on their television? you have a computer/laptop. you have a phone. you have a console.

let's just say YouTube has full length motion pictures at (their low bitrate version of) 1080p and i enjoy sitting on the couch watching them.

operon

This place has gone to the dogs since Wilbur and Arnie's absence, the likes of rvy roaming free pontificating nonsense, arsenal fan's remain unchecked. Bring back the donkey impregnator all is forgiven

rvy

Banned
This place has gone to the dogs since Wilbur and Arnie's absence, the likes of rvy roaming free pontificating nonsense, arsenal fan's remain unchecked. Bring back the donkey impregnator all is forgiven

operon

y can't we be friends?

Is it because I don't love donkeys?

Fuck playing MGS3 for the first time in 5 years and that intro is insane. Better than any Bond film.
Maaaan I played that for the first time a few days ago and holy shit, game is incredible.

I'm almost hesitant to play the others because it'll ruin my positive view of the series lol.

bud

let's just say YouTube has full length motion pictures at (their low bitrate version of) 1080p and i enjoy sitting on the couch watching them.

A1YXKcN.gif

pleb.

bud

I don't any longer. Used to be TVersity and PS3 Media Server.

Lambda, pls.

Yes.

i just can't get ps3 media server to work properly. it keeps buffering every five seconds.

i downloaded serviio last weekend, and even though it works, the aspect ratio on a few films is fucked up and i haven't figured out how to get the subs to work yet.

will try out tversity.

edit: there's no tversity for mac.
b3rWHTL.png

Bundesliga is great in terms of producing German players from all over Europe, getting the prices right for the fans and getting people to sing along to drums and male cheerleaders with megaphones. Personally though I can never watch a Bundesliga game without getting bored after 15 minutes. I think its because they don't really have an identifiable football culture. It lacks both the intensity of English football and the technical/tactical nature of Spanish and Italian football which make even the smaller games intriguing to watch. Its quite boredom inducing really, not surprising at all that they only charge €7 for a seat and even then half the fans get more entertainment jumping up and down and waving giant flags then they do from watching the actual football.

Maaaan I played that for the first time a few days ago and holy shit, game is incredible.

I'm almost hesitant to play the others because it'll ruin my positive view of the series lol.

MGS2 is the greatest game ever made IMO. Just absolute perfection.

Depends how you feel about cutscenes and the story. If you love them and the story then play them all. If you are all about the gameplay then 3 has the best so you might be let down.

edit: would have been so good if they could have added CQC into MGS2 HD

bud

i thoroughly enjoyed the story lines in both mgs1 and mgs2. mgs3 was a slow burner (took an hour or two for it to get going, and the pacing in the opening part of the game is all fucked), but in terms of gameplay, it's the best game in the series.

mgs4 needs to go.

rvy

Banned
i just can't get ps3 media server to work properly. it keeps buffering every five seconds.

i downloaded serviio last weekend, and even though it works, the aspect ratio on a few films is fucked up and i haven't figured out how to get the subs to work yet.

will try out tversity.

edit: there's no tversity for mac.
b3rWHTL.png

I haven't come across a single one that doesn't completely suck. I just transfer my stuff to a flash drive these days.

Jarnet87

Can't wait til the January window closes and Moyes comes out and says the market has no value and Fletcher is like a new signing. Will pull all the remaining hair out of my head.

Lightning

Banned
LOL. You can pick up Leverkusen for anything whats wrong with german football. They played better in the league than their squad actually could. Better pick Bayern, Dortmund or Gladbach who play great for years now. BPL might be more spectacular but there are different philosophies here and the more economic grounded, based on compettion approach led Bundesliga to the top three leagues. The league and its club are helathy, the stadiums are sold out and all 4 german clubs are in knock out stage of CL. I think Bundesliga is even surpassing Primiera Division right now.

You can fap to all your non domestic club players as you like, but completely block the development of young british talents is the reason why there is no success in WC or EC for more than 50 years. We dont buy players, we make them and beat especially England on a regular basis in internationals. Bundesliga has a rule that prevents rich oligarchs or sheiks to make the clubs their own toy. All the money needs to be earned with every match and there is some kind of tradition here, clubs need to build it over decades and thats why we dont have and dont need any Chelsea or City here. Dont you wonder why more and more great german players are joining BPL clubs? We look for young talented german players and train them by giving them key positions at the first league clubs and we have now 2 generations in a row with highly skilled players.

Proof of this is the all german final on british turf last year and Bayern played 3 CL finals in the last 4 years while BPL was completely absent last season. And now go figure out what tradition means to a supporter and what it means for the success of your international team. Barca and Madrid showed this, and Bayern and Dortmund are going to continue this philosophy.
4 teams in the play off's?

Leverkusen - Needed last game win against Sociedad to qualify while needing United to help them who had already qualified.

Schakle - needed last round win against 10 man Basel having struggled all season. Chelsea were comfortable.

Dortmund - needed last minute winner against 10 Marseille.

German teams showed many things in those group stages but the Epl and La Liga teams qualified a lot easier than the German teams did. You mention previous competitions while forgetting that the previous season Chelsea won it, a few years before that United won it, Liverpool won it. Germany only have Bayern who won it and Dortmund should have been out to Malaga.

There's no Germany domination anywhere, only Bayern and Bayern fail to win it this year even that can be justifiably questioned.

Dortmund for example have shown no ability again to manage 2 competitions. In order to qualify for the CL groups their Bundesliga form has been inconsistent and shocking. Same thing happened last season too. You look at the Atletico, Barca, Bayern, Madrid, Arsenal, City and Chelsea all qualified and doing acceptable in their leagues, still in the race. Dortmund are not, Bundesliga is over for them by Christmas.

Since I'm not English I don't really care about their national team but they are behind Germany and especially Spain in this regard. This is coaching at a young age issue rather than the league though.

Jack cw

This just sounds like Premier League :lol
Well, because Bundesliga obviously wants to compete with BPL...

It isn't blocked. There needs to be change yeah but we reguarly play 4 British youngsters in our first team. Manchester United play jones, Evans, Carrick, Smalling, Cleverley, Rooney, Welbeck, even Young lol. Even looking down the league Everton are using Barkley well, Southampton's best player this season has been British. Henderson is massively improving, Hull's best player is Britsh.
Which is a great development, but seriously, what about City or Chelseas starting 11? I remember Hart being the only british player in Citys squad against Bayern. Your key players are mostly not domestic ones. While we have Schweinsteiger, Khedira, Gündogan, Kroos, Götze, Özil, the Benders etc. in midfield, only to name a few. Spain has Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas, Busquets, Alonso, Martinez, Thiago... Those are all players with international class, highy skilled and developed in the youth of their respective clubs. Wo did England bring to the table when it comes to players like this?

But you still haven't won anything internationally since whenever, I don't even know lol. 1990?
This is the truth, but we were closer to win a trophy than any other country besides Spain, who were obviously better. We reached the WC final in 2002, Semis in 2006 and 2010, EC final in 2008 and the semi in 2012. We were good but still lacking in the tactical department, but with the help of Heynckes, Klopp and van Gaal we were able to at least close the gap to Spain. And I hope we win the WC in Brazil this time.

Because it's better lol?
Its more like you dont have any other options. German players are highly skilled, pretty cheap compared to the prices you pay in the BPL (Schürrle, Podolski, Mertesacker were bargains) and of course because there are no good enough domestic alternatives you could use. Many clubs are forced to buy from other leagues to stay competitive.

No one denies that Bayern are the best in the world and that the German league isn't run very well but people say the premier league markets itself to be the best league and that's why people think it is. Well, why don't other leagues do that?
Because they lack the money and you cant simply downplay the dominance BPL had in the last decade. Its up to Spain and Germany to close this gap and they were pretty good in the last couple of years.

TeddyBoy

I think it's no more than two from one club isn't it?

I could be wrong, but Everton currently have 3, and I'm not sure any of them are loan to buy.

Hmm, I'm thinking it has something to do with Barry. I think he's out of contract at the end of this season for Man City so there could be some clause within that.

Either way, I really don't see Moses having a future with us.

Jack cw

4 teams in the play off's?

Leverkusen - Needed last game win against Sociedad to qualify while needing United to help them who had already qualified.

Schakle - needed last round win against 10 man Basel having struggled all season. Chelsea were comfortable.

Dortmund - needed last minute winner against 10 Marseille.

German teams showed many things in those group stages but the Epl and La Liga teams qualified a lot easier than the German teams did. You mention previous competitions while forgetting that the previous season Chelsea won it, a few years before that United won it, Liverpool won it. Germany only have Bayern who won it and Dortmund should have been out go Malaga.

There's no Germany domination anywhere, only Bayern and Bayern fail to win it this year even that can be justifiably questioned.

Dortmund for example have shown no ability again to manage 2 competitions. In order to qualify for the CL groups their Bundesliga form has been inconsistent and shocking. Same thing happened last season too. You look at the Atletico, Barca, Bayern, Madrid, Arsenal, City and Chelsea all qualified and doing acceptable in their leagues, still in the race. Dortmund are not, Bundesliga is over for them by Christmas.

Since I'm not English I don't really care about their national team but they are behind Germany and especially Spain in this regard. This is coaching at a young age issue rather than the league though.

It might sound a bit underwhelming to you, but yes, its the first time that 4 german clubs made it under the last 16, which is a great achievement for Bundesliga. No one asks how you got there, this is football, sometimes you need those close games or pure luck, it doesnt matter now. You remember that Bayern was actually out in 2009, but somehow won against Juve and ended up being in the final. Performance is something that varies over a season, there are very few cases in which a team just went through dominating everyone and win everything.

And as I said, Bundesliga came a long way and was irrelevant from 2003 to 2009, just like Serie A now but with proper managment and philosophy we came back and surpassed Italy an are now fighting with Spain. I am in no way saying that Bundesliga is as good as BPL or better, but its very close just with a different approach. We simply just cant pay the amount of money that clubs from Spain or England could, and thats why I rate it so high. We just made it so far because we focused on talent, skill and wise management, even Bayern did this, starting over 30 years ago.

Fergie

Banned
As Clegg said Young out for the Cup match.

Valencia needs a rest so does Evra.

Ade is fit for the Arsenal cup clash.

Clegg

Well Moyes and Woodward have shown that summer isn't an easy time to sign players either.

The more we're told we have money to spend, the less I believe we actually do.

Leg-End

Well Moyes and Woodward have shown that summer isn't an easy time to sign players either.

Me too, the more he talks the more I feel like he is towing the Glazer line.

I really don't think any big name players will come with Moyes.

Wenger to his credit was able to talk Ozil in to coming to Arsenal. It is no surprise that the only two players who wanted to come to United were Fellaini and Baines

Also Naked Snake is such a fool, he has the sexy Eve showing her tits and he gets a boner talking about guns.

edit: my bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom