• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

L1NETT

More FA idiocy.

From The Guardian

The Football Association was forced on Thursday night to defend the appointment of the former player Michael Johnson to its new Inclusion Advisory Board, aimed at promoting equality in the game, after he stated in 2012 that homosexuality was "detestable".

in 2012 Johnson refused to back the FA anti-homophobia campaign when discussing ethics and racism in the game on a television programme. When asked by the presenter Nicky Campbell during the BBC1 series The Big Questions if he would support the fight against homophobia, Johnson said: "Because of my beliefs, because of the Bible that I read, in the Bible it does state that homosexuality is detestable unto the Lord

The clip in question

More sterling work from the dinosaurs in the FA. Going to take one brave and big name player to start work on this, these morons won't.

Jack cw

Jesus Christ how can people compare Bundesliga to the Premier League with a straight face. Dortmund get a few injuries and they are out of the title race because of it.They have a 5 week break ffs.. its just not demanding league. The league is all ready over before Christmas!

Bayer Leverkusen are coming second and got spanked by Man United at home it just shows you how weak the league is, you even had journos coming out how its a massive problem.

And more than 4 teams play "proper" football in the EPL teams outside of the top 4 like Everton, Tottenham, Man Utd, Newcastle and Southhampton play great football as well. I dont watch a league because teams play homed based players, i watch it as it has great players, i couldnt give a stuff if their arnt any home based players in a team.

LOL. You can pick up Leverkusen for anything whats wrong with german football. They played better in the league than their squad actually could. Better pick Bayern, Dortmund or Gladbach who play great for years now. BPL might be more spectacular but there are different philosophies here and the more economic grounded, based on compettion approach led Bundesliga to the top three leagues. The league and its club are helathy, the stadiums are sold out and all 4 german clubs are in knock out stage of CL. I think Bundesliga is even surpassing Primiera Division right now.

You can fap to all your non domestic club players as you like, but completely block the development of young british talents is the reason why there is no success in WC or EC for more than 50 years. We dont buy players, we make them and beat especially England on a regular basis in internationals. Bundesliga has a rule that prevents rich oligarchs or sheiks to make the clubs their own toy. All the money needs to be earned with every match and there is some kind of tradition here, clubs need to build it over decades and thats why we dont have and dont need any Chelsea or City here. Dont you wonder why more and more great german players are joining BPL clubs? We look for young talented german players and train them by giving them key positions at the first league clubs and we have now 2 generations in a row with highly skilled players.

Proof of this is the all german final on british turf last year and Bayern played 3 CL finals in the last 4 years while BPL was completely absent last season. And now go figure out what tradition means to a supporter and what it means for the success of your international team. Barca and Madrid showed this, and Bayern and Dortmund are going to continue this philosophy.

Manager

2014%2f1%2f2013-Stats-Att.jpg
2014%2f1%2f2013-Stats-Def.jpg

Think the left one has been posted already, right more detailed:
Bc6y3xbCUAATUr-.jpg:large
opta.jpg
top_8_home_away.png

Jin_7

Bayer Leverkusen are coming second and got spanked by Man United at home it just shows you how weak the league is, you even had journos coming out how its a massive problem.

You can't reduce it to that one match-up all the time. The Bundesliga had 3 CL group winners last season and 4 teams qualify for the round of 16 this season. Weaker it may be, but it's doing well enough given Bayern is the only real financial powerhouse.

It's Leverkusen, they're unique. It's not that they're bad, it's that they'll spontaneously crumble internationally.

Given the insane amount of money EPL has, if anything one has to wonder why they're not dominating international competitions as well.

Because EPL shares it's money instead of giving it all to Real Madrid and Barcelona

Ryder

LOL. You can pick up Leverkusen for anything whats wrong with german football. They played better in the league than their squad actually could. Better pick Bayern, Dortmund or Gladbach who play great for years now. BPL might be more spectacular but there are different philosophies here and the more economic grounded, based on compettion approach led Bundesliga to the top three leagues. The league and its club are helathy, the stadiums are sold out and all 4 german clubs are in knock out stage of CL. I think Bundesliga is even surpassing Primiera Division right now.

You can fap to all your non domestic club players as you like, but completely block the development of young british talents is the reason why there is no success in WC or EC for more than 50 years. We dont buy players, we make them and beat especially England on a regular basis in internationals. Bundesliga has a rule that prevents rich oligarchs or sheiks to make the clubs their own toy. All the money needs to be earned with every match and there is some kind of tradition here, clubs need to build it over decades and thats why we dont have and dont need any Chelsea or City here. Dont you wonder why more and more great german players are joining BPL clubs? We look for young talented german players and train them by giving them key positions at the first league clubs and we have now 2 generations in a row with highly skilled players.

Proof of this is the all german final on british turf last year and Bayern played 3 CL finals in the last 4 years while BPL was completely absent last season. And now go figure out what tradition means to a supporter and what it means for the success of your international team. Barca and Madrid showed this, and Bayern and Dortmund are going to continue this philosophy.

Yeah i get that EPL hinders growth to their domestic players compared to the Bundesliga, but the international tournaments doesnt really bother me as im not from Britain

3Sixty

Mark Clattenburg is being investigated by referees’ chief Mike Riley after Southampton accused him of ‘abusing and insulting’ their captain, the England star Adam Lallana.

Sportsmail can reveal that the extraordinary incident occurred in Southampton’s 2-1 defeat by Everton at Goodison Park last Sunday.

Saints have written to the Premier League asking that Clattenburg is not appointed as an official for any of their matches until the investigation is over.

Clattenburg has a controversial style and it is understood the alleged insult was directed at Lallana after the referee turned down Southampton penalty appeals late in the game.

----

YES.

Get fucked Battenburg

Kenka

How exactly does Abramowitch shared his 1 billion that he invested in Chelsea with the others?
Claiming that one league is above another is futile. It's a difficult exercise and one that requires the use of absolute metrics, which we don't have at hand, except maybe the UEFA coefficient rankings which put Spain at the top.
Yeah i get that EPL hinders growth to their domestic players compared to the Bundesliga, but the international tournaments doesnt really bother me as im not from Britain
I don't know since how long you're here but that's an unacceptable argument for us, seasoned cunts :p

The league and its club are helathy, the stadiums are sold out and all 4 german clubs are in knock out stage of CL.

This just sounds like Premier League :lol

You can fap to all your non domestic club players as you like, but completely block the development of young british talents is the reason why there is no success in WC or EC for more than 50 years.

It isn't blocked. There needs to be change yeah but we reguarly play 4 British youngsters in our first team. Manchester United play jones, Evans, Carrick, Smalling, Cleverley, Rooney, Welbeck, even Young lol. Even looking down the league Everton are using Barkley well, Southampton's best player this season has been British. Henderson is massively improving, Hull's best player is Britsh.

We dont buy players, we make them and beat especially England on a regular basis in internationals.

But you still haven't won anything internationally since whenever, I don't even know lol. 1990?

Bundesliga has a rule that prevents rich oligarchs or sheiks to make the clubs their own toy. All the money needs to be earned with every match and there is some kind of tradition here, clubs need to build it over decades and thats why we dont have and dont need any Chelsea or City here. Dont you wonder why more and more great german players are joining BPL clubs?

Because it's better lol?

And Manchester United played 3 consecutive finals between 2008 and 2011 while Bayern only made one appearance and got beaten by inter scrubs lol

I am being facetous on purpose but this is because this is a silly argument. No one denies that Bayern are the best in the world and that the German league isn't run very well but people say the premier league markets itself to be the best league and that's why people think it is. Well, why don't other leagues do that?

look what i got home! it's only for a couple of weeks while my mate does training in Lisbon, got no time for gaming.

B8UV5Fa.jpg

also, who wants to see a REAL picture of Lambda? it's real pic January after all.

Elchele

Claiming that one league is above another is futile. It's a difficult exercise and one that requires the use of absolute metrics, which we don't have at hand, except maybe the UEFA coefficient rankings which put Spain at the top.

I don't know since how long you're here but that's an unacceptable argument for us, seasoned cunts :p

La Liga is pretty good, my only complains are the theatrics (diving and complaining to the ref all the time), the novela type of news from Marca, AS, etc and how the whole league gives all the money to RM and Barcelona.

But the quality of the players is amazing, they produce talent like nobody else and their football is enjoyable most of the time.

My top would be

Bundesliga, La Liga
Serie A
EPL
Primera División Argentina
Ligue 1 (looooooool)

bud

32"
not even big enough to properly enjoy 1080p
not even plasma
not even panasonic

lJhCxBx.png

why not just go back to vhs and 4:3 tv sets lambda

bud

i love when things go according to plan.

i'm poor.

and the TV got YouTube. and reads mkv and mp4. fuck your non mkv reading plasma.

how much did it cost you? the panasonic gt30 plasma that i have cost 600 euros--and that was a year and a half ago. should be able to get them for a low(er) price if you're in the market for one.

bud, does your shitty Panasonic plasma comes with WIFI and an app store?

it does have wifi, but that requires a seperate wifi dongle.

but who goes online on their television? you have a computer/laptop. you have a phone. you have a console.

pulga

Banned
And more than 4 teams play "proper" football in the EPL teams outside of the top 4 like Everton, Tottenham, Man Utd, Newcastle and Southhampton play great football as well. I dont watch a league because teams play homed based players, i watch it as it has great players, i couldnt give a stuff if their arnt any home based players in a team.

What a tasteful and subtle troll. You'd done well in The People's Capitalized Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom