• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don't care about why a result happened then you're not a real football fan.

You keep complaining about bad luck and how your team have always played better in every single match though. Fact is, your players are crap. Sunderland wanted that result more and they deserved it.

FuturusX

Let's be honest. If Barcelona and Real were looking for a new manager, would Moyes come to mind? There's a romanticism about the whole thing...that's falling apart fast.

Perhaps Fergie wasn't the best person to choose his successor...just sayin'

doicare

You keep complaining about bad luck and how your team have always played better in every single match though. Fact is, your players are crap. Sunderland wanted that result more and they deserved it.
Yes i've said those things BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED. I could lie and say United are crap and deserve to lose every game they play if it makes you and everybody feel better about themselves. Sunderland didn't 'want' the game more, they didn't deserve anything, all that happened was United were the better team but yet again through injuries and bad luck the result went against them.

Yeah, me too, maybe Bla could give us an idea

Watched the first minute or two. I'd say he's speaking Pep. It's unidentifiable stuff mixed with German football words (mainly verschieben - move) and some broken German filled with English words lol

I have no fucking idea what's going on

But to be fair, the Bayern players don't really look like they know what's going on either lol

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
great match between Valencia and Atletico.

Valencia deserved at least a tie, they were much better throughout the match.

Suen

Atletico played pretty bad in the last 25-30 min or so. Didn't create much chances and were mostly defending. They probably didn't want to put more effort than needed due to the upcoming Barca clash. Still it turned out to be bad because Valencia dominated most of the game during this time. Valencia should have scored another two (at least one of them should have def. been a goal). Canales miss will come back to bite them in the second leg.

Messi

Someone start a word document and add doicares excuses for each game of the season (you can avoid the wins he does not come here when they win) and I'm sure we will find that he believes Man United never deserve to lose.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
haha I'm listening to a(n old school) gospel song

my head is not right tonight

Someone start a word document and add doicares excuses for each game of the season (you can avoid the wins he does not come here when they win) and I'm sure we will find that he believes Man United never deserve to lose.

DAT BWIN MONEY

Play to the moon you goon.

It's fantastic, and proper short. And it will make you cry.

Bit like my sex.

Bu Dum tshh

In all seriousness it's such a good game.

I'm gonna play ACIV just to spite you

Speaking of which, better activate that now since there's always the chance they'll take the upgrade off the PS4 store

Scum

I don't understand how we beat Arsenal. Chelsea are going to destroy us. Moyes pls
It's going to get worse if Moyes doesn't change the way he has the teaam playing soon enough. Next thing you know, Fulham will turn up against Man Utd expecting a result to go their way.

Leg-End

Fuck the Moyes out stuff.

The Glazer's are the root of this problem.

They crippled us with debt but lets not pretend they don't give us money. Moyes spent £27 million in the summer, we aren't Man City, Chelsea or PSG, we won't and shouldn't have to spend £100 million in one go.

The warchest has always just been a fan expectations control thing, we were not ever going to spend silly amounts because we had it or unless a Ronaldo becomes available. Fact is the squad has some deadwood and underperformers in it but Moyes has pretty much pulled 1% of its potential out of it and thats on him.

L1NETT

I don't understand how we beat Arsenal. Chelsea are going to destroy us. Moyes pls

Give up Lance, it's all over my man. Rome has fallen.

Become a Bantam, we are moving forward.

--

Hitch you could finish TTM in an evening. ACIV is good though, you'll enjoy that.

Wes

venison crêpe
Wes are we allowed to say "cunt"?

I thought I'd give this a serious answer.

I don't think much has changed with regards the rules on this issue since the last time it was brought up. In this single thread it's "acceptable" in the loosest possible sense at the moment.

I think most of us understand that when people are using the term we are using it in jest or as an exclamation of dismay, much in the same way people would say "Shit!" or "Fuck!" if they stubbed their toe on a bit of furniture or your central defender scored an own goal. That's just the way the word is increasingly being used, particularly in British society and football communities, by adolescents and young adults these days and the majority of us currently in here fill one of these groups.

With all that said there are some things to consider. This is a worldwide forum with a diverse range of members. As such the spectrum of acceptability on the use of this term is also equally large.
If you're having a dispute with another poster calling them this word is generally not a good idea. You may think "it's fine because I'm saying it in the football thread", "I meant it as a joke" or "it was just some banter" but they may not react in the way you thought they would. Don't always assume that using the word is fine and that you're immune from any reprisals.

I'd hate for the number of contributors to this thread to be less than what it could be because of our prevalence for using this one word. If it was becoming clear that this one issue was causing new people to the thread from taking part and joining our community here I think the leniency the football thread has on this issue would likely change as a result.

I think you guys are wise enough to know when it is acceptable, when it isn't and when someone has gone too far. For instance excessive use just for the sake of saying it isn't cool.

Finally, you won't get banned straight away outside of this thread if you use this word, unless you're clearly using it in an insulting manner. Use your best judgment on where and when it could be deemed acceptable.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Utd linked to Marchisio.

DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE

guweY0m.gif

Salvadora

Wesley, you don't really mean that using cunt outside this thread "will get you zapped straight away"?

I thought it was only unacceptable as a personal attack outside, whereas in this thread it's used in a more jovial way.

Clegg

But he's showing he's not good enough, and he's not shown that he is good enough in the past. I think the conclusion one can draw is fairly obvious.
I don't mean just over the last 6 months. The Glazer's have been sucking United dry for the last 8 years. Do you really think Fergie was happy to pass up on so many talents because they weren't "value"? Before the Glazer's took over the club spent £26m on an 18 year old and didn't baulk at spend wasn't sums for other players. This whole value nonsense only became en vogue when the Glazer's took over. Debt isn't even an issue anymore. We should be out there signing players right now.

It may be that Moyes isn't good enough. Also who in their right mind thinks Phil Neville has anything to tean RVP or Rooney? But right now all we're hearing is the same transfer excuses Ferguson gave us. It's very worrying as an United fan. We really do need to spend some money.

Giggzy

Am I the only one who expected a bad year? I know some of you lot expected to at least make top 4 but even then that would have been a fantastic achievement for a man who's never coached a top side.

Liverpool, Chelsea, City, Arsenal and Spurs all strengthened in the summer and united only bought fellaini(lol). People will cling to the fact that united were champions the year prior, and while true, that was more to do with the magic of fergie then the strength of our squad.

Although I did expect to be this bad this year, it also isn't surprising. I don't think we can really judge moyes until he makes the squad his own and brings in his targets. If by May of 2015 he isn't back in the top 4 then I'll question his appointment.

Long live the chosen one. #Moyes4Lyfe

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Ive been guilty of it too but the United obsession is getting a little much, most of us have resigned to a tough season and it sucks to watch us play poorly again and again and again. I also understand why people dislike us, but at this point for some of you it seems to be bordering on obsession.

I'm surprised we don't talk more about Moyes' decision to oust the title winning backroom staff he inherited and bring in a load of people who had no experience of keeping things going smoothly at the top of the league. Especially considering that Ferguon delegated more resonsibilities than usual to his backroom guys as his age started to effect the amount of time he could spend controlling every aspect of the team.

That's the worst thing Moyes has done imo

Lightning

Banned
United are overreacting like Arsenal fans did when things went pear shaped for us. All Moyes needs to do is get top 4 everything else is bonus at this point. Then just build his squad and go again next season.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I'm surprised we don't talk more about Moyes' decision to oust the title winning backroom staff he inherited and bring in a load of people who had no experience of keeping things going smoothly at the top of the league. Especially considering that Ferguon delegated more resonsibilities than usual to his backroom guys as his age started to effect the amount of time he could spend controlling every aspect of the team.

That's the worst thing Moyes has done imo

That's normal for pretty much every manager who comes into a big club. They might keep an assistant coach hanging around but most of the time they bring their own people.

The trouble is that Moyes and his coaches have never won anything.

I still think Man Utd will get top 4. Things will go wrong for us at Stoke, we'll be overtaken by February and struggle to claw ourselves back into it. It is known.

Fergie

Banned
Am I the only one who expected a bad year? I know some of you lot expected to at least make top 4 but even then that would have been a fantastic achievement for a man who's never coached a top side.

Liverpool, Chelsea, City, Arsenal and Spurs all strengthened in the summer and united only bought fellaini(lol). People will cling to the fact that united were champions the year prior, and while true, that was more to do with the magic of fergie then the strength of our squad.

Although I did expect to be this bad this year, it also isn't surprising. I don't think we can really judge moyes until he makes the squad his own and brings in his targets. If by May of 2015 he isn't back in the top 4 then I'll question his appointment.

Long live the chosen one. #Moyes4Lyfe
Moyes4lyfe? You don't really mean that do you?

Anyway, of course Moyes should be given a chance to build, but he's changing absolutely nothing at the moment. nothing, same bunch of tactics. Same use of Clev and Valencia.
Doesn't notice that some players are more effective in their natural positions.

I'm really waning on Moyes though. He really isn't doing himself favours.

Doesn't help that some of our key players are out, including unfortunate bad start for Fellaini.

I'm sure it'll be a little better when they come back , but the CM, wingers and LB problems can't be ignored for long.

Salvadora

Ive been guilty of it too but the United obsession is getting a little much, most of us have resigned to a tough season and it sucks to watch us play poorly again and again and again. I also understand why people dislike us, but at this point for some of you it seems to be bordering on obsession.
Eh, it's a Football thread and we're talking about one of the biggest stories going at the moment.

Look at what happened to this thread when Arsenal struggled for example. We got shit from every direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom