• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
OT13| it has again become clear to me that we in many aspects disagree on the way Arsenal should move forward

Few points:

1) lol @ Charlton's face when he was leaving
2) lol @ Moyes' face in the closing minutes, every time
3) Altidore is a fucking lump, does nothing but barge into players
4) A 1 goal lead isn't enough for Sunderland to be favourites
5) When Young does something good, he gets abused. When Januzaj tries and fails to do something average, you lot jizz yourselves.
He's the best concacaf player tho...

Slizz

0FLdtSU.jpg

0FLdtSU.jpg

0FLdtSU.jpg

0FLdtSU.jpg

0FLdtSU.jpg

Yen

Moyes: "We are having to play the opposition & the officials at this moment..maybe I've got to understand that's what happens at Man United"

ohohohoh
Enjoy the ban.
Rodgers will be banned too.

doicare

Why do you post here? Just curious. You disagree with everyone. Do you have anyone you can talk to that agrees with you?
Everybody i talk to in real life agrees with me, GAF posters tend to stick their fingers in their ears and when i prove them wrong with facts.
not that I'm taking you seriously or anything, but United's disallowed goal was scored after an offside whistle.

and no, I'm not a United hater.
I'm not saying it was an incorrect call and the disallowed goal should of stood, it's just typical of United's bad luck this season that nothing drops in the area for them and they get a goal from it, where as countless goals have gone against them because the ball randomly broke for the other team.
United had the edge in the match, but it was hardly like they were robbed. Both teams played terribly.
They had double the shots, Sunderland only managed 2 shots on target all game and scored from them with one being an own goal and the other a penalty after a dive.
Yes you hit the crossbar, but that doesn't mean anything. Also your offside goal was rightfully given, offside.
Yes it does mean something, it means more dumb luck is the difference in yet another game.
Also, injuries don't matter when talking about one match, you play the team in front of you, whoever they are.
That's nice, i certainly hope Sunderland don't get every single one of their players injured for the return leg because that wouldn't affect the result at all right?

kharma45

That's the same shite we heard from Moyes after losing to Spurs and Swansea. The players did in their bollocks play well and they didn't play any better in the previous two games either.

Just pathetic.

It's hard to defend him now. He's clearly an intelligent man, and has spent time around Europe studying tactics and coaching. So why now, when clearly we need something a bit different, does he persist with the same old tired tactics? Right we may not have the best players around but that doesn't stop mixing things up a bit.

People saying don't judge him now blah blah. Right, if we were playing well or at least having a go, and losing, that'd be hard to accept but you'd have to take it. We just look so devoid of passion and bereft of belief out there.

Salvadora

If Moyes is trying to create an under attack mentality, it won't work.

No one seriously believes that United are being done by the officials.

Suen

That's the same shite we heard from Moyes after losing to Spurs and Swansea. The players did in their bollocks play well and they didn't play any better in the previous two games either.

Just pathetic.
To be fair United dominated in their game against Spurs.

Not a bad FK from Atleti.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I saw Vinnie tweet about it earlier, but Nainggolan to Roma is official.. only a loan initially with an option for co-ownership at the end of the 6 months. Have to assume Bradley is on his way out. Saw he was linked to some clubs in England.

9.5m for half his contract is WAY too much. And I don't think they even need him when you look at their midfield.

Yeah Captain American is done :(

It's a shame because he's awesome.

Clegg

Everything about the club is all over the shop. Third richest club on the planet yet we still say there's no value in the market. Do one; we all know that's clearly bullshit.

Players aren't playing well and I don't think they're listening to Moyes. Our two best players are an 18 year old in his debut season and a potato who doesn't wasn't to be here.

Leg-End

He has made it worse with those comments, he's out of his depth.

Chelsea could legitmately destroy us in a couple of weeks, any team of quality would beat us on current form to be fair.

doicare

doicare you know fuck all about football. Like, nothing.

Mumei understands the game more than you.
Sure, that's why i've finished in the top 5 in the NeoGAF fantasy football league every year since i've been doing it, not to mention top 10 every year in the Champions league and Euros fantasy football league.

Scum

But what does that matter when we have 100m to spend?

25 for Baines. 40 for a CM 35 for a winger.
But does he really have £100m to spend. Moyes should use the summer to ring in the changes. Coentrao is, what, 25yrs old? Everton are just going to con you out £20m plus for a 29yr old.

£12m for Coentrao. £30m for Pjanic.
Sell Young, Evra, Valencia and Anderson. Retire Rio and Giggs.

WOW Lambda, your club is fucking scum man.

They are going to take every non SLB apparel that was placed on Eusébio's statue. Incredible, instead of showing how Eusébio was this immense figure that went above such petty shit, they go ahead and show how petty they are. So petty they can't recognize a gesture of respect.

Shit club with no class, no class at all.

Ridiculous.

In England (and I imagine the rest of the world), at all kinds of mnuments and tributes for Hillsborough, Munich, the Bradford Fire, Bobby Robson etc, you get scarfs, flags and shirts from teams all over the country, and its appreciated as a mark of respect from people up and down the country, a rare incidence of football fans putting aside their petty differences and supporting one another.

If there's a single person who sees an emblem of another team like that and takes it as a mark of disrespect, that person needs to take a fucking long, hard look at themselves in the mirror.

liverpool-everton-scarves-hillsborough-tribute-620-234279327-3007523.jpg

bobbyrobson2.jpg

If that decision isn't reversed, Benfica can fuck off.

wedward

If nobody can actually talk about why a result happened, whilst instead they just post garbage troll material then that's just pathetic.

Uh huh, everytime you and anybody else troll it just makes you look like a 6 year old kid in playground shouting for attention.

If you support for glory then you're not a real football fan, and if anybody thinks United are finished then that's just desperate wishful thinking.

United are garbage. That's all that you really need to know.

Darth Sonik

we need more FPS games
Earlier in the season during their first poor spell, I commented that at least Moyes isn't spouting shite like Hodgson did at Liverpool.

Now all I can say, is at least he hasn't brought up a "relegation fight" or that he asked for Brendan Rodgers blessing to join United.

Moyes is just a solid B+ student at the Roy Hodgson academy.

Clegg

I don't see the Glazers giving Moyes any money to spend this window certainly not a war chest.
It's ridiculous, isn't it?

Any other club of United's size wouldn't have made a hash out of last summer's window and if they did they'd be signing players. We won't do that.

Suen

hahaha Costa you fucking actor. Eat that yellow. Best part is how he keeps looking at the ref and cover his face to make the ref think he's in extreme pain but the ref isn't buying that shit. Ref just kept standing there holding the card while looking at Costa in a way that says he's the biggest idiot in the world.

3Sixty

Hahah oh god every time Moyes interview is played i laugh more.

What an odious shit.

Of course nothing will happen because Manchester United.

Suen

hooooooooly shit Courtois is just too damn good. Amazing run and dribbling from Sofiane, made Atletico's defense look dead. Valencia is pushing really hard now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom