• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

The spokesman of the police of Bremen confirmed an UFO showed at 18:30 on top of the Werder Bremen's stadium.

from @tancredipalmeri

This is related to that Samsung shit campaign isn't it?
Lol, turned out it was some guy with a balloon

Clegg

Yup, what was the Contrao bid?

Also overpaid on Zaha.
The point I was trying to make us for a club of United's wealth we don't pay the prices you'd expect us to. We go up to a point and then back off.

We should be doing what Bayern are doing and strengthening the squad and paging what's necessary to do that. But we're not.

bud

Today, one child of prophecy PM'd me about my avatar. My spirit soared high. My heart-rate went up. My penis was becoming ready.

Motherfucker wanted to know her name.

hahaha. hang in there, rvy. she'll come to you out of nowhere. when you've all but forgotten her.

that's how it always goes.

Clegg

Froggie got a lot to answer for.

Legend and everything don't get me wrong but yeah, that ones on him
Didn't know who Vidal was. Not sure if that's his fault or the scouts.

No more Glazer talk. I annoy myself when I talk about it. God knows what everyone else on this thread thinks.

PaulLFC

BdaI1a3CQAAtt2V.jpg

how can that dour cunt criticize the ref. One of them twins they have should have been red carded.

And complaining about the free kick for the first goal........ burst out laughing when I listened to his interview in the car.
He'll do anything to deflect from the reality that they were just shite. If he doesn't get charged for his comments about the ref then it's a joke, but I fully expect him to get off without even a warning.

Salvadora

Froggie got a lot to answer for.

Legend and everything don't get me wrong but yeah, that ones on him.
The choice of David Moyes as successor by Ferguson is certainly interesting.

People who've read his book and been to Q&A sessions have said that his nationality was emphasised.

Yeah feel good about having a dude like that in charge of your club.

Can see why the owners picked him.

People who've read his book and been to Q&A sessions have said that his nationality was emphasised.
I went to the Q+A. He mentioned nationality as nothing other than a joke.

Fergie picking Moyes is fine. He made a choice, he had his reasons. You've got to be nuts if you seriously think Moyes being Scottish was a central part of that.

Can't hold Ferguson accountable for the job Moyes is doing. That's on Moyes himself, the players and the owners.

kharma45

I wonder if we'd had a more traditional selection process rather than Fergie just picking would we have ended up with Moyes.

No, but to act like you haven't been able to spend large amounts of money is disingenuous. If those players weren't duds this conversation would never be happening. Man United could have had Mata if they wanted. They went after Kagawa instead.

Not the same year, but the point still stands.

Midfielders have been available, but Fergie ignored them.

I was just commenting when you said about not spending wisely. Out of the three players you listed, I would disagree on saying that 18 million on De Gea was a mistake. He is improving and even if they tried to sell him today I believe they could ask for more than they spent. Young was overpriced (as every English player is) and Kagawa may have a been a good buy had they actually utilised him properly (and he still could justify his price if given a good run in the team).
Also what if United had signed Mata instead and he didn't work out. You'd be criticising them now saying "Man United could have had Kagawa if they wanted. They went after Mata instead."
But I agree. Anybody who says that they haven't had money to spend is ridiculous.

Fergie lurking around is nae good, you know he's watching knowing he got out the right time. I bet he's waiting for the right moment when Moyes takes the blame and all the deadwood has gone, to swoop back in. Poor Moyes.

Timurid

Yeah feel good about having a dude like that in charge of your club.

Can see why the owners picked him.
I don't care if he is a racist, sexist, or whatever. If he gets the job done then I'm all for it.

He was picked because everyone we asked were afraid of managing Zlatan and Blanc was desperate for a job.

Yen

Are we all in agreement that Mourinho's modesty and humility after the CL game at Old Trafford was him putting himself up for the United job?

Salvadora

I went to the Q+A. He mentioned nationality as nothing other than a joke.

Fergie picking Moyes is fine. He made a choice, he had his reasons. You've got to be nuts if you seriously think Moyes being Scottish was a central part of that.

Can't hold Ferguson accountable for the job Moyes is doing. That's on Moyes himself, the players and the owners.
I definitely don't think that Moyes was chosen based upon his nationality (although I think it played part).

Wouldn't blame Ferguson at all for Moyes' performance. Everton under him was not like this.

wedward

Since when?

Since he was going to Arsenal first and then Chelsea stepped in with a larger bid. Man United are a bigger and more attractive club at the time. They could have easily stepped in if they wanted.

Unless you believe playing for Chelsea was his buyhood dream or something like that.

Clegg

Defence is now as pressing a concern as midfield. I know that our weak midfield puts more pressure on our defenders, but at the same time we're still conceding soft goals. That's a problem with our defenders and can't so easily be attributed to our woes further up the pitch.

Salvadora

Mata had a buy-out clause, Arsenal didn't meet it, Chelsea did.

Wenger couldn't be more of a skinflint for not paying the extra million before Chelsea swooped in.

qindarka

Banned
Since he was going to Arsenal first and then Chelsea stepped in with a larger bid. Man United are a bigger and more attractive club at the time. They could have easily stepped in if they wanted.

Unless you believe playing for Chelsea was his buyhood dream or something like that.

Mata was never really linked to United and he wasn't exactly world-class yet. Using this logic, you could say that United should have bought every player that turned out to be very good.

Anyway, at the time, Valencia and Nani were still excellent.

And the Arsenal deal was collapsing even before Chelsea stepped in.

Wes

venison crêpe
Wesley, you don't really mean that using cunt outside this thread "will get you zapped straight away"?

I thought it was only unacceptable as a personal attack outside, whereas in this thread it's used in a more jovial way.
jeez wesley youve become a debbie downer :(

Didn't Evilore sanction the word for general use though? Of course not when calling another poster a "cunt" in the OT, but if I call Justin Beiber a "cunt", there's no reason for a ban, right?

Not a downer! I just don't want to have anyone banned when it could easily be avoided.

As to that I checked to clarify the above points. You won't get banned straight away outside of this thread unless you're clearly using it in an insulting manner. Use your best judgment on where and when it could be deemed acceptable.

Clegg

I'm experienced and I sense that it's just on the verge of turning. I sense that we are about to get a bit better.

Genuinely don't know what he's trying to achieve by saying this. We're playing awfully and have gotten worse in recent weeks. Now he'll look even more foolish if results don't pick up.

K1LLER7

"82 years since United lost the first three games in January

13 years since United lost three consecutive matches

3 times in a row United have lost 2-1 – they have also been beaten by Swansea and Tottenham."

ibasMeMiSLLWAR.gif

operon

I'm starting to feel sorry for the genuine man united fans here. Doicare you keep wallowing in the pit of despair you surely deserve a tag by now, Wes and Mumei plz

wedward

Watching this downward spiral Man United are in has me fearful of the future.

What happens when Arsene retires? Who are we going to bring in? That guy in Japan? Berkamp, with no experience? Bould? Tony fucking Adams?

I hope we bring someone who plans on staying there long term, just don't know who that would be.

What happens when Arsene retires? Who are we going to bring in? That guy in Japan? Berkamp, with no experience? Bould? Tony fucking Adams?

I hope we bring someone who plans on staying there long term, just don't know who that would be.

Klopp

pulga

Banned
I find calling Justin Beiber a cunt is always acceptable.

really, not calling him that should be a straight ban as far as I'm concerned

Salvadora

Well he's 64 now so I think that we'll get another 6 years out of him before he retires. But I guess who knows. He already looks like a cadaver in a coat.

Yeah I am honestly scared when Wenger retires. I would like to see us bring in a young manager, maybe someone like the Southampton manager or Martinez? Or maybe someone from abroad.

wedward

Well he's 64 now so I think that we'll get another 6 years out of him before he retires. But I guess who knows. He already looks like a cadaver in a coat.

I think he looks pretty damn good for 64 and 17 years in an incredibly stressful job. Still has all his hair and isn't an alcoholic. Pretty impressive.

Apparently he exercises every day and eats like a small Japanese man.

Salvadora

I think he looks pretty damn good for 64 and 17 years in an incredibly stressful job. Still has all his hair and isn't and alcoholic. Pretty impressive.
When Ferguson retired, Wenger gave an interview to Al Jazeera in which he said SAF has interests outside Football, but all he had was Football :(

Bit sad that, so I could see him keeping going on until he couldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom