• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

wedward

When Ferguson retired, Wenger gave an interview to Al Jazeera in which he said SAF has interests outside Football, but all he had was Football :(

Bit sad that, so I could see him keeping going on until he couldn't.

Lol. I am sure he could have other things if he wanted. He does what he loves. Pretty lucky if you ask me.

Yeah, I have always thought the people who have said he is going to retire or walk away were nuts. I don't think he leaves until the Board tell him to or he physically can't do it anymore.

When Ferguson retired, Wenger gave an interview to Al Jazeera in which he said SAF has interests outside Football, but all he had was Football :(

Bit sad that, so I could see him keeping going on until he couldn't.

Apparently, he will lock himself in his room after a match and just watch football ignoring his wife, child and his phone :lol

:(

Clegg

There's a Vine going about showing SAF and Charlton clearly pissed off about the result of the game.

They shouldn't have been so surprised.

GorillaJu

Manchester United.

gHpXBC4.jpg

faridmon

Honestly, why did Man United fans thought he was the right man?

But again, it takes time, As much as I want Lol at Man United misfortune, I still think its a club in a transition phase. Shit doesn't change overnight.

Wait and see approach might be the best as it satnds.

Not a downer! I just don't want to have anyone banned when it could easily be avoided.

As to that I checked to clarify the above points. You won't get banned straight away outside of this thread unless you're clearly using it in an insulting manner. Use your best judgment on where and when it could be deemed acceptable.

So the word cunt is exclusive to this thread?

Makes sense. FootballGAF is secretly:

Yen

Honestly, why did Man United fans thought he was the right man?

But again, it takes time, As much as I want Lol at Man United misfortune, I still think its a club in a transition phase. Shit doesn't change overnight.

Wait and see approach might be the best as it satnds.

I agree. He should be given all 6 years to implement his philosophy.

FuturusX

Can someone here with a straight face tell me why Moyes deserves 2 seasons?

Also who here believes that he's the best manager for UTD?

He doesn't and he isn't. I'm personally waiting for him to be sacked because i've seen enough of him to know fairly certainly he won't be successful at the club.

pulga

Banned

He doesn't, specially not if he crashes out to Olympiakos. UnitedGAF has this romanticized idea about giving managers time, which is clearly fine, but not when they don't deserve it. Plus, I remember the bumnuggets made this suicide pact at the start of the season about "standing by their manager" which I guess they don't wanna break loooooooool

Clegg

He at least deserves the chance to build his own team. I'll start having misgivings if he fails to sign anyone this month though. We should be looking to strengthen where we can after the failures of last summer. If we don't then it'd be the second window we've made a hash of. Regardless of what happens he'll be here next season. If we're still struggling the board may have go consider their options.

Salvadora

He'll have had 2 by the time he gets sacked. Can't blame everything on him but hes gotta shoulder the bulk.

I'm not sure he can evaluate talent at all.
He only started in July and had Woodward to deal with.

You bring in another manager and you still might have an imposter fiasco.

pulga

Banned
This building his own team business is bullshit. In recent memory, Di Matteo went on to win the CL with an inherited team. Your manager has just crashed out of the FA Cup and is teetering on the edge of the Capital One Cup, without mentioning your mid-table standing. Any manager worth his salt works with the pieces he's handed and at the very least makes a respectable showing. Moyes hasn't and has subsequently made United the laughing stock of the football world, and you romantic buffoons still believe he's right for the job?

He's clueless. The quicker you fire him, the better off you'll be. Missing out on CL football and keeping him another season can take you one step closer into becoming Liverpool.

or worse

Arsenal

FuturusX

UTD could yet make top 4. Van Persie and Rooney won't be away forever. They are not a world away from getting back in it. Moyes to be saved!!!!

Slizz

He only started in July and had Woodward to deal with.

You bring in another manager and you still might have an imposter fiasco.

I'm still in let him play the year out camp and assess after, but it's not getting any better. We got a buncha points in the PL recently that Moyes, regardless of teams ALWAYS gets.

EDIT:
This building his own team business is bullshit. In recent memory, Di Matteo went on to win the CL with an inherited team. Your manager has just crashed out of the FA Cup and is teetering on the edge of the Capital One Cup, without mentioning your mid-table standing. Any manager worth his salt works with the pieces he's handed and at the very least makes a respectable showing. Moyes hasn't and has subsequently made United the laughing stock of the football world, and you romantic buffoons still believe he's right for the job?

He's clueless. The quicker you fire him, the better off you'll be. Missing out on CL football and keeping him another season can take you one step closer into becoming Liverpool.

or worse

Arsenal

Lot of truths in there.

wedward

or worse

Arsenal

Ahh yes. A Madrid fan. You live in a different world from everyone else.

Salvadora

or worse

Arsenal
How is Arsenal worse than a team who imploded?

United were successful last year, but lets not forget Van Persie being the one man team. They went behind all season and were bailed out by his wonder goals.

Clegg

I think Moyes is a good manager. Did a good job at Everton and gave them a solid core to build upon. But that shouldn't have been enough to land him the United job. He has no experience of managing superstar players and doesn't appear to be coping with the media scrutiny. Questions must also be asked of his attacking strategies. All we do is send the ball wide and whip in crosses. Maybe it's because we have such a poor midfield and can't attack effectively through the middle, but he has to be brought to task for the failure to implement even the most rudimentary of strategies with success.

He's inherited a team with some glaring weaknesses but he had the chance to remedy that last summer but cocked that up. He has a chance to remedy that now but it appears we're cocking that up too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom