• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know anything about Fernando Reges from Porto? We are heavily linked with him today, and he is a free agent in the summer so it may actually happen.

Honestly, why did Man United fans thought he was the right man?
Because such a decision isn't made in a panic. It was mulled over for such a long time. They could only appoint the right man. Aren't you forgetting? José was chomping at the bit to get the job. Fergie, however, opted to give José nothing but tears in his eyes and sleepless nights. He cried when he didn't get the job. He wanted to go to "somewhere where he was loved" and the long Mourinho and Manchester United love affair is well documented. I can only assume they'd turn down a proven winner with unparalleled passion for the reds if they knew, with not an ounce of doubt, that they had in their midst, indisputably, best man for the job. That man, is David Moyes... The Chosen One.

arkon

How is Arsenal worse than a team who imploded?

United were successful last year, but lets not forget Van Persie being the one man team. They went behind all season and were bailed out by his wonder goals.

He provided a lot of goals for them but they also had other players chipping in with vital goals along the way. Like Chicharito who seems to be totally fucked this season again. That seems to have dried up all round.

Slizz

Slizz who's the girl in your avvy?

Mckayla Maroney. I've always been a part of Creepy-GAF only a few knew.

EDIT:

U0HpGqv.jpg

faridmon

Because such a decision isn't made in a panic. It was mulled over for such a long time. They could only appoint the right man. Aren't you forgetting? José was chomping at the bit to get the job. Fergie, however, opted to give José nothing but tears in his eyes and sleepless nights. He cried when he didn't get the job. He wanted to go to "somewhere where he was loved" and the long Mourinho and Manchester United love affair is well documented. I can only assume they'd turn down a proven winner with unparalleled passion for the reds if they knew, with not an ounce of doubt, that they had in their midst, indisputably, best man for the job. That man, is David Moyes... The Chosen One.

If this is actually what happened and how it happened, then, heh....

Experience is an important factor. Winning things begets winning other things. It doesn't matter whether you build a great team, if you are loved by the media, if you beat Manchester City few times, if you were bitch to play against, if you were underrated, if you were the underdog surprising others, if you punched above your weight, if....

If you haven't won anything, with such characteristic, you ain't gonna win shit with anything else.

FuturusX

Experience is an important factor. Winning things begets winning other things. It doesn't matter whether you build a great team, if you are loved by the media, if you beat Manchester City few times, if you were bitch to play against, if you were underrated, if you were the underdog surprising others, if you punched above your weight, if....

If you haven't won anything, with such characteristic, you ain't gonna win shit with anything else.

He's going to win the CL and that will shut us all up....

faridmon

Hi, welcome to the thread what team do you support? :D

Thanks. long time fan of this community and here I am at last.

I love football. Watching it as a kid made me realise I could spout nonsense about it, and seeing you lot having fun calling each other cunts and all, I though I might as well contribute my asshollery to an already wonderful thread full of assholes.

Hope to have good time :)
He's going to win the CL and that will shut us all up....

ah good. Always wanted things to shut me up.

Slizz

Thanks. long time fan of this community and here I am at last.

I love football. Watching it as a kid made me realise I could spout nonsense about it, and seeing you lot having fun calling each other cunts and all, I though I might as well contribute my asshollery to an already wonderful thread full of assholes.

Hope to have good time :)

:lol, just remember no genital posts.

Messi

Are you fucking kidding me

In what universe does this thing

>>>> this angel?

Thea
shouldn't even be a part of this conversation

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT

LIIIIIIMIIIIIIT

would obliterate her asshole

Talk about using fair pictures.

I don't believe José was ever in the running or would have even taken the job over the Chelsea position. I think Mourinho respects United, as he respects many clubs, but I imagine people read too much in to it to be honest. How there could be any doubt about José's future after his little speech at the Madrid conference when he spoke about coming back to England baffles me. It just seemed so clear cut that he was on his way to Chelsea.

That's how I see it anyway, but of course I view it through a Chelsea fans lens, so maybe I'm talking rubbish.

Fergie

Banned
Wouldn't the difference concerning Di Matteo be that he was a assistant under AVB from June 2011 to March 2012, more than enough time to get grips with the team, so he essentially inherited a team he had experience with?

Moyes brought in his own men and isn't experienced with our team at all.

I'm not saying this absolves him of all guilt, but it it isn't essentially a fair comparison.

Anyway he should be learning and at least giving some of the bench huggers a chance.

Clegg

Can we get a manager who knows that there are football formations other than 4-2-3-1 and 4-4-2.

Please! :'(
We're in a weird position atm. We usually have the lions share of possession with just two midfielders playing. That would normally be a good thing, but we create absolutely nothing through the centre. We must prod it around a bit before playing it out wide and hoofing a cross into the box. On top of our inability to create our midfield also gets opened up so easily. It took Swansea just two passes through the middle to score against us last weekend ffs.

Play three in the middle and we become more solid at the back but we still have the problems of creativity because nine of our cms are creative. And if we play three in midfield we lose an attacker. When we struggle enough to score goals we can hardly take off a winger or a striker even if that player is in poor form. Play 4-5-1 and we still have problems with creativity and goals.

qindarka

Banned
Di Matteo is actually a pretty offensively minded manager, barring that CL run.

I don't believe José was ever in the running or would have even taken the job over the Chelsea position. I think Mourinho respects United, as he respects many clubs, but I imagine people read too much in to it to be honest. How there could be any doubt about José's future after his little speech at the Madrid conference when he spoke about coming back to England baffles me. It just seemed so clear cut that he was on his way to Chelsea.

That's how I see it anyway, but of course I view it through a Chelsea fans lens, so maybe I'm talking rubbish.

Not really relevant to your post but the stage is set for Moyes to end Mourinho's home record, isn't it. Dreading the match.

Slizz

Rooney despite being hurt now, is basically a Swiss Army knife in our squad. It just sucks he hates dropping back or playing mid.

faridmon

Di Matteo is actually a pretty offensively minded manager, barring that CL run.

Not really relevant to your post but the stage is set for Moyes to end Mourinho's home record, isn't it. Dreading the match.

Doesn't Moyes have a good record against Chelsea?

Woof!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom