• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

sohois

Why do people keep mentioning an inevitable Liverpool collapse? I really don't see it unless Suarez inexplicably gets injured. I mean they have Sturridge returning and they've been winning against the lower teams. If anything I find it far less like that United is suddenly going to rediscover title winning form and pip Liverpool to that Champions League spot, especially as they are competing on a lot more fronts. Liverpool did very well vs. City and Chelsea despite the losses can't say for sure they'll lose those games at Anfield and I'm even more certain they won't be losing to United at current form.

It's jtb. You'll get more rational Liverpool insight from utd fans than him

Mastadon

Banned
Anyone here done Insanity? 1 week in and it doesn't feel much easier (although I'm stretching a lot better). I would just love to do a whole session without stopping until Shaun T calls it.

I did it a while ago. Took me two or three weeks before it felt comfortable and I was able to go through a workout without stopping more than once or twice.

Felt amazing when I finished though, stick with it :)

GQman2121

Banned
I just finished S1 of Friday Night Lights. Very good program. Will start S2 tomorrow night. Thank you based Netflix.

I also have now watched the highlights from the game and have determined that Cleverly is retarded.

I can understand challenging a player entering the box and attempting to displace him yada....yada...yada....but Tommy boy wasn't even fucking close. That shit was just stupidly reckless. It was as if he had a plan, then Johnson blew by him, so Cleverly decided to just leap into the air like some Glee background dancer whipping his legs about.

And then the cherry on top is Moyes coming out and pointing fingers at the refs. Get the fuck out of here......

bjaelke

Sure, that's why i've finished in the top 5 in the NeoGAF fantasy football league every year since i've been doing it, not to mention top 10 every year in the Champions league and Euros fantasy football league.
This gem deserves a repost.
Watching this downward spiral Man United are in has me fearful of the future.

What happens when Arsene retires? Who are we going to bring in? That guy in Japan? Berkamp, with no experience? Bould? Tony fucking Adams?

I hope we bring someone who plans on staying there long term, just don't know who that would be.
Pulis will replace him. It happened in my FM save, so it definitely plausible.

Barzul

You find the thing that usually happens less probable than the thing that really, really tends not to occur.

I'm just going off this season's form. If things always went how they usually do we'd never have new winners or losers and Liverpool would've been dominating the league all through the premier League years. There's been significant change at Man United, I don't think the old rules apply.

Barzul

I did it a while ago. Took me two or three weeks before it felt comfortable and I was able to go through a workout without stopping more than once or twice.

Felt amazing when I finished though, stick with it :)

I'll just keep trucking on then. Thank goodness tomorrow is a rest day.

Ashes

Banned
Supposedly United have £200m+ transfer kitty. I wonder how much will be required for us to get into the top four.

FootballFan

iUnQgHzGoegnx.gif

This was hilarious. Stay down you cunt.

HAHHA

Stay down you massive cunt indeed.

Lightning

Banned
If we don't bring in a striker, even on loan, this window I'm going to cry. Please get someone Arsene.

The Moyes bashing is reaching epic levels of stupidity. Very good managers become great managers by being given a chance but patience has abandoned football fans and expect results straight away. Top 4 is within chewing distance, all teams will be dropping a lot more points. Everything open to play for, judge at the end of the season.

This daft shit is reminding me of when Ushojax called Spurs the best team in London because they were ahead of Arsenal and Chelsea in February.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Moyes is a good manager, but good is not good enough for Manchester United.

best-case scenario with Moyes is CL football and stability.

Lightning

Banned
Moyes is a good manager, but good is not good enough for Manchester United.

best-case scenario with Moyes is CL football and stability.
You don't know that for sure. He stabilised Everton far higher than anyone could have or should have expected with hardly no budget at all. If the answer to all top English clubs problems is jump to a foreign manager and start bringing in them expensive foreign signings for instant success then that's a sad state of football. That Everton side have a huge chance at top 4 and its Moyes team, built without much budget playing exciting football. They played some great stuff last season too, not just the influence of Martinez.

The next step for him was a top club and United should be applauded for giving him this chance but instead they get hammered and certain voices want Moyes sacked which will damage his management career and make United look stupid.

Blablurn

Newspaper bollocks. Probably lots of money to spend, but we will spend - if at all - within predicted limits.

You think Manchester will sell Shinji in summer? In my opinion he could be a starter for most european teams. It's a shame he is sitting on the bench every week.

Lightning

Banned
Newspaper bollocks. Probably lots of money to spend, but we will spend - if at all - within predicted limits.
Newspaper bullshit. All designed to wind up the fans for hits and put pressure on united.

Much like story of new Wenger contract straight after Blackburn knock us out of the FA cup. A bs story designed to wind up and get hits, nothing more.

Jack cw

So whats up with those 240m Man U can spend? Is this for real or just newspaper banter?

Even if they could spend 200 million, every club will pull as many money from them as possible. Players will be sold to a much higher price because they know United has money. They rather invest the money in their youth and scouting.

pappe

I would be all for giving Moyes more than a season if he had shown even an ounce of tactical nous. So far he has shown none. He has no plan B. He does not have balls to take off players like RVP when he is not playing well (ok i can overlook this) His selections are absolutely silly and keeps on picking players who have not had a good game in over a month ( Valencia, Cleverley) keeps on playing players in the positions they do not prefer(Smalling and Kagawa) even when he has excellent player in Rafael and Fabio for that position. Ignoring players for some reasons known only to him ( Fabio, Kagawa Zaha earlier Nani).

The only positives from him this season has been Rooneys form and promoting Adnan.

Blablurn

Even if they could spend 200 million, every club will pull as many money from them as possible. Players will be sold to a much higher price because they know United has money. They rather invest the money in their youth and scouting.

Yeah, I guess they have no other chance.

Man, I always forget that we paid nothing for Lewa. I wonder how much Dortmund will spend for their next striker. Will they go all out again or play it safe? I don't know if guys like Firminio or Volland really fit to Dortmund. I also can't see Diego Costa going there.

Salazar

You think Manchester will sell Shinji in summer? In my opinion he could be a starter for most european teams. It's a shame he is sitting on the bench every week.

I'd not be at all surprised. Like Wilbs says, we are gonna be a rapid-clank 442.

We rejuvenate/build a midfield, acquire more threatening wingers, and ideally replace Rooney with a fuck-off elite striker.

Blablurn

I'd not be at all surprised. Like Wilbs says, we are gonna be a rapid-clank 442.

We rejuvenate/build a midfield, acquire more threatening wingers, and ideally replace Rooney with a fuck-off elite striker.

Regarding wingers, who would you like to buy?

rvy

Banned
Xavi behaves like an ex-girlfriend who got dumped by a hotter, more intelligent and funnier woman. And he wasn't even Mourinho's girlfriend to begin with.

Lightning

Banned
I would be all for giving Moyes more than a season if he had shown even an ounce of tactical nous. So far he has shown none. He has no plan B. He does not have balls to take off players like RVP when he is not playing well (ok i can overlook this) His selections are absolutely silly and keeps on picking players who have not had a good game in over a month ( Valencia, Cleverley) keeps on playing players in the positions they do not prefer(Smalling and Kagawa) even when he has excellent player in Rafael and Fabio for that position. Ignoring players for some reasons known only to him ( Fabio, Kagawa Zaha earlier Nani).

The only positives from him this season has been Rooneys form and promoting Adnan.
I would give him until the end of the next transfer window to see if he boots the players he doesn't want. It's clearly in issue. Moyes doesn't like a lot of these players and its hurting United's performances.

I understand why he didn't do it last summer, having not managed them, but that excuse is gone now.

pappe

Fuck wingers. Give us a great CAM that gels well with the team.

Nothing against Kagawa, great player but I'll sell him since he hasn't actually been performing at his best with us.

Kagawa gets knocked off the ball way to easily. He just isnt suited to the more physical side of the game which many of clubs play in the PL.

Messi

Champions League Semi Final. Atletico Madrid vs Arsenal. Who goes to the final to face Barcelona?

Two leg tie, no injuries.

Would Simeone win the fashionista battle with Wenger?

Nyx

Footy-GAF!

What's the general opinion here on nextgen Fifa 14?

Just received the game @ work, was reading up a bit (on the dreaded EA forums) and there's so many complaints about the lob through pass....

Messi

Footy-GAF!

What's the general opinion here on nextgen Fifa 14?

Just received the game @ work, was reading up a bit (on the dreaded EA forums) and there's so many complaints about the lob through pass....

It's fifa 14 but prettier and a bit smoother animation. Not worth full price with the world cup game coming in 2-3 months.

Jack cw

Yeah, I guess they have no other chance.

Man, I always forget that we paid nothing for Lewa. I wonder how much Dortmund will spend for their next striker. Will they go all out again or play it safe? I don't know if guys like Firminio or Volland really fit to Dortmund. I also can't see Diego Costa going there.

I bet it will be Dzeko. I simply cant believe that Dortmund with all their ambitions to be a top club would rely on Volland or Ramos. They dodged as much as they could from paying top wages, but if they want to stay competitive they need a top class striker. And there arent many available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom