• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack cw

"I still have pain"
Of course he has. A displacement of the vertrebal column mostly is a career ending injury. I'm more surprised that he came back after such a short period of time regarding the weight of this injury. I hope the medical staff at Dortmund finds a solution for this.

Worst argument ever? It's just a fact, like there is gravity on earth. There is no way denying it.

FUCK BAYERN!
Stop fighting, pls. You are all German. Please stop fighting.
Its in our nature, rvy and you know it :p

What if you end up signing Pizarro, what would be your opinion
A few years ago? Great. This summer? Depends on how much money he wants. He's old and injured way too often to be our starting striker. But he could fill the gap as backup for a year or two until Ducksch is ready. Wouldn't do it for the money he's earning at Bayern.

rvy

Banned
Why are you so mad?

I got in the All-Star game in my rookie year. 58 points, 23 assists, 4 rebounds and 3 steals. Ooping D12 all night, My peen went deep on LeBron. See he plays for the East, I play for the West.
I'm a 6 feet point guard.

2k server wasn't available and lost my great performance.

You must understand.

Feorax

Messi Minutes ‏@MessiMinutes 1m

Spanish press all over Morata to #AFC today:
AS - 'Arsenal go loco for Morata after Theo injury'
Sport - 'Arsenal double efforts for Morata'

A loan I assume?

Would be a great move for him, he can get plenty of minutes at Arsenal given their striker issues, and he'll be playing at an extremely high level.

Makes no sense to have talented youngsters stagnating on the bench, as it's likely to prevent them reaching their potential.

rvy

Banned
Its in our nature, rvy and you know it :p

But Bayern and Dortmund are friends in real life.

Well, your mother delivered you in the Overijssel border. Half of you was born in Germany. The bottom half. Which is why you are so well-endowed.
The upper half was born in the Netherlands, which is why you have the wits of a Dutchman about you.

I'm sorry that you found out this way.

Of course he has. A displacement of the vertrebal column mostly is a career ending injury. I'm more surprised that he came back after such a short period of time regarding the weight of this injury. I hope the medical staff at Dortmund finds a solution for this.
Well, you know it makes sense for him to sign for Real in summer, to cash in as much as possible. And that's also why I'm not so terrible sad to sell him. He's a wonderful player but would also be a huge risk. Getting 20m+ would be okay I guess.

Jack cw

Well, you know it makes sense for him to sign for Real in summer, to cash in as much as possible. And that's also why I'm not so terrible sad to sell him. He's a wonderful player but would also be a huge risk. Getting 20m+ would be okay I guess.
I think he is going to be one of the best midfielders in the next few years if his back holds. Sure its a risk, but he is by far Dortmunds most essential player and I would love to see him stay there.

But Bayern and Dortmund are friends in real life.
But this isnt RL. rvy pls.

Lightning

Banned
arsenalGAF, what is with this cracked up rumour that wenger is considering getting glen johnson??? do you guys really want to give up the title race? lol
Don't know what's more laughable. That rubbish or you believing it. You really think we would target a Liverpool player? Seriously. Especially such a crappy one.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1915198-arsenal-transfer-would-suit-real-madrid-midfielder-xabi-alonso-perfectly

What do you think Arsenal-GAF, would you take Alonso in the summer?

If I'm honest, I don't see the need for another central midfielder at Arsenal. Between Arteta, Flamini, Wilshere and Ramsey, the deep-playmaker position seems to be sorted.

It's interesting that he's not willing to open dialogue with Madrid though.
Better fit for United. No chance we're interested nor do I want him. He's a shit dm and can't see us playing Alonso over Ramsey or Wilshere.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1915198-arsenal-transfer-would-suit-real-madrid-midfielder-xabi-alonso-perfectly

If I'm honest, I don't see the need for another central midfielder at Arsenal. Between Arteta, Flamini, Wilshere and Ramsey, the deep-playmaker position seems to be sorted.

Isnt he 34? he would be off the boil of playing in the Prem league, but to be fair he is just as good as Mikel 'only can pass the ball sideways unless it is over the top to Theo' Arteta.

0% chance of it happening. I see him staying in Spain or going off for a lucrative contract somewhere. He ain't gonna be offered anything more than a mediocre paying 1 year contract at Arsenal.

I wouldn't take him now. We have better (and younger) players to play in his position.

I do remember we wanted him when you guys were in for Barry (lol). Would have been a great signing then.

Messi Minutes ‏@MessiMinutes 1m

Spanish press all over Morata to #AFC today:
AS - 'Arsenal go loco for Morata after Theo injury'
Sport - 'Arsenal double efforts for Morata'

Would be perfect. As I said in an earlier post, the formation that we use only allows for one striker, so we are realistically looking at backup for Giroud or cheap stars.
Pato

A loan would be great for us, but not so much for him because he will just be a backup.

We are not going to be dropping over 20 million for a star striker this January.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

Such horror show atm. 12 teams with 5 or more players injured. Think someone wrote 20% of the PL players are injured.

Tottenham - 11
Arsenal - 9
Liverpool - 7
Manchester City - 7
Manchester United - 7

Chelsea been really lucky.

Christ. We've done well to get such a good points haul over Christmas with so many injuries. It seems like a few are coming back now, though Paulinho, Sigurdsson, Kaboul, Vertonghen and Naughton are still not in full training.

Blablurn

ltyA1iY.gif

L1NETT

Isn't Theo's injury a massive opportunity for the Ox to finally stake a full shirt in the team. Rather than splashing big bucks on a theo replacement, a sizeable move a striker and the ox slotting into Theo's place makes more sense.

Especially if there is only enough room in the wage structure for one big move. I like the Ox, he's talented and far better technically than Theo.

Isn't Theo's injury a massive opportunity for the Ox to finally stake a full shirt in the team. Rather than splashing big bucks on a theo replacement, a sizeable move a striker and the ox slotting into Theo's place makes more sense.

Especially if there is only enough room in the wage structure for one big move. I like the Ox, he's talented and far better technically than Theo.

I don't think people mean actually getting a replacement as in a winger, but more it finally means Wenger might realise he is out of options if Giroud is injured and we need a new striker.

Theo's replacement in the team will be filled by Ox/Gnabry. And of of those two I am hoping it is more Gnabry

confuziz

Banned
Well, your mother delivered you in the Overijssel border. Half of you was born in Germany. The bottom half. Which is why you are so well-endowed.
The upper half was born in the Netherlands, which is why you have the wits of a Dutchman about you.

I'm sorry that you found out this way.

How do you know I live in Overijssel :lol

Pachimari

I really don't think Morata will leave our club this January.

Carlos Ancelotti have already stated, that nobody is leaving or coming to Real Madrid.

Also, Morata is the only back-up striker to Benzema. Jesé is not a striker, he's playing in the same positions as Cristiano, Di María, Bale and Isco.

Morata will stay.

bjaelke

Flop Cardiff striker Andreas Cornelius is due to cost fuming City owner Vincent Tan over £20million.

Tan is still angry at the Bluebirds' former manager Malky Mackay, despite sacking him last month.

The Malaysian tycoon is particularly aggrieved at the Scot's signing of Cornelius, who is yet to score in seven Premier League appearances - all of which have been as a substitute.

Cardiff paid a club-record £7.6m - which could potentially rise to £10.9m based on appearances - to Danish champions FC Copenhagen for the 20-year-old.

There was a hefty £1.5m signing-on fee for Cornelius, as well as a five-year contract worth £11.7m.

A source close to Tan told MirrorSport: "Mackay was instructed to go out and buy a Bentley. He got the funds to get some top quality international players but Mr Tan feels Mackay bought a Toyota instead."
nv5AgwN.gif

Blablurn

Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews 1m

FIFA secretary general Jerome Valcke: 2022 World Cup in Qatar will not be held in June & July #SSN

rvy

Banned
Hitch doesn't have time or money to kill hookers, he bought FIFA. Probably can't even feed his children this month.

bjaelke

Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews 1m

FIFA secretary general Jerome Valcke: 2022 World Cup in Qatar will not be held in June & July #SSN

Ben Smith @BenSmithBBC
Valcke is quoted as saying "I think it will be held between November 15 and January 15 at the latest."

Dead on arrival

Blablurn

I got in the All-Star game in my rookie year. 58 points, 23 assists, 4 rebounds and 3 steals. Ooping D12 all night, My peen went deep on LeBron. See he plays for the East, I play for the West.
I'm a 6 feet point guard.

2k server wasn't available and lost my great performance.

You must understand.

Believe me. I understand. It's a shame that 2K cannot fix that shit.

Honda will hold a press conference in 15 minutes or so at San Siro.

ibpOL3aF1zw1nM.jpg

Things are starting to get a little out of control:

ibbVD08YlwusJE.jpg

Only Ronaldinho had a similar welcome. 110 journalists, 7 are from Japan iirc.

rvy

Banned
Because I only play it on the PC so far. Still need money for a PS4.

janckercrying.jpg

Honda will hold a press conference in 15 minutes or so at San Siro.

ibpOL3aF1zw1nM.jpg

Things are starting to get a little out of hand:

ibbVD08YlwusJE.jpg

Only Ronaldinho had a similar welcome. 110 journalists, 7 are from Japan iirc.

Really now, who the fuck is this dude to come in and demand the number 10? And why is Milan making such a big deal about it?

What has he proven? That he can dress well? He has all the symptoms of the next Nakata.

janckercrying.jpg

Really now, who the fuck is this dude to come in and demand the number 10? And why is Milan making such a big deal about it?

What has he proven? That he can dress well? He has all the symptoms of the next Nakata.

You forget that this is a huge deal for Milan, a signing that is not a 30 year old washed up player from La Liga or a 14 year old.

Marketing.

No really, that's it. It's 50% marketing and 50% "let's hope he'll be useful and fit well with Balotelli".

Blablurn

janckercrying.jpg

Don't you dare to say anything bad about Nakata.

According to SportMediaset (and various other sources), Galliani reached an agreement with Fernando, from Porto. His contract expires in June, so we won't pay anything but he'll be able to play from July of course, which is why Galliani is trying to buy him in this transfer window.

Tell me something about him, PortugalGAF. Will he be useful? Can he be useful? Is he better than Muntari?

dc89

Haha, a WC in winter is such a joke. I still cant believe that Qatar got the WC in the first place...

Rob Harris worked this out to accommodate a winter World Cup.

Blatter insisted today 2022 World Cup won't be Jan-Feb. He wants Nov-Dec. I worked out how that could work with minimal disruption to European leagues >>>

May 2022: European season ends as usual.

June: When the World Cup would usually be played, footballers will have the month off.

July: Champions League qualifiers as normal. Gandini says there might have to be fewer qualifying entrants to cope with the earlier start.

Mid-July: Start of season for leading European leagues.

August 2-3: Champions League playoff round.

August 9-10: Champions League playoff round.

Mid-August: European transfer window closes.

Aug 23-24: Champions League group stage begins.

Sept 2: Euro 2024 qualifiers.

Sept 6: Euro 2024 qualifiers.

Sept 13-14: Champions League group matchday 2.

Sept 20-21: Champions League group matchday 3.

Sept 30: Euro 2024 qualifiers.

Oct 4: Euro 2024 qualifiers.

Oct 11-12: Champions League group matchday 4.

Oct 18-19: Champions League group matchday 5.

Nov 1-2: Champions League group matchday 6.

Nov 4: Mandatory release of players two weeks before World Cup. There would be no need for the usual postseason rest period before the World Cup given the event falls in the middle of the season when they would usually be playing up to three times a week. There would be space for the usual World Cup warm-up games, which would take the place of the regular November international date.

Nov 18: World Cup begins in Qatar.

Dec 1: World Cup group stage ends. 368 of the 736 players exit.

Dec 4: World Cup round of 16.

Dec 6: World Cup round of 16 ends. 184 players exit.

Dec 9: World Cup quarterfinals.

Dec 10 World Cup quarterfinals. 92 players exit.

Dec 13: World Cup semifinals.

Dec 14: World Cup semifinals.

Dec 17: World Cup 3rd-4th place. 46 players exit.

Dec 18: World Cup final, which falls on Qatar National Day. The final 46 players exit the tournament.

Dec 26: The Premier League could return to start its traditional packed Christmas fixture program. Other leagues could chose to resume later if they determine that players returning from the World Cup after reaching the final or third-place game need a longer break.

Mid to late June: European leagues end.

August 2023: Premier League season starts as usual after a two-month break. In 2014, the Premier League season is starting just a month after the World Cup final in Brazil.

rvy

Banned
You forget that this is a huge deal for Milan, a signing that is not a 30 year old washed up player from La Liga or a 14 year old.

rvy, Honda is coming straight from the Russian Super League. he's essentially god in Italy.

#DEAD

Marketing.

No really, that's it. It's 50% marketing and 50% "let's hope he'll be useful and fit well with Balotelli".

Milan bros. Come on. What the fuck. You guys had Rui Costa, Nesta and Maldini.

What are you even doing?

You guys used to go to Old Trafford and win.

Don't you dare to say anything bad about Nakata.

I just said he has a great fashion sense. Good cover boy for football games in Japan.
As a football player? He's better than Nakamura.

You remember Nakamura? The guy who could open a soda can with a free kick, but was useless in everything else?

According to SportMediaset (and various other sources), Galliani reached an agreement with Fernando, from Porto. His contract expires in June, so we won't pay anything but he'll be able to play from July of course, which is why Galliani is trying to buy him in this transfer window.

Tell me something about him, PortugalGAF. Will he be useful? Can he be useful? Is he better than Muntari?

He's alright. Matic is better.

very good DM, one of Porto's key pieces.

i would say that yes, he's better than Muntari. extremely solid player.

Blablurn

I just said he has a great fashion sense. Good cover boy for football games in Japan.
As a football player? He's better than Nakamura.

You remember Nakamura? The guy who could open a soda can with a free kick, but was useless in everything else?

I just loved those players. Nakamura and Nakata. They were no complete players. And not as good as Kagawa. But they had swagger and style. Especially Nakata. I have his number 7 shirt from the 2006 World Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom