• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feorax

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fcs-mamadou-sakho-ahead-6478686

Liverpool FC have been handed a welcome fitness boost with the news that Mamadou Sakho is ahead of schedule in his recovery from a hamstring injury.

The French defender suffered the problem in the defeat to Chelsea on December 29, and it had initially been feared that he could be out of action for up to six weeks.

Sakho, though, has responded well to treatment, and has been back at Melwood this week working closely with the Reds’ medical team.

The 23-year-old could even be in contention for Sunday’s Premier League trip to Stoke City, though no decision will be taken on that score until later in the week.

With Daniel Agger struggling with a calf problem – Liverpool are still awaiting the results of a scan on that injury – Sakho’s imminent return will come at a good time for Reds boss Brendan Rodgers.

And there is more good news for Rodgers, with Daniel Sturridge also in with a chance of featuring at Stoke.

The England striker, too, has been back at Melwood, working with head of performance Glen Driscoll. He is expected to resume full training ahead of the weekend, assuming there is no adverse reaction.

Sturridge, who has scored 11 goals in all competitions this season, has been sidelined since late November after suffering an ankle injury in training, but had always targeted the trip to the Britannia as a potential return date.

Rodgers, though, is aware of the need to manage the front-man’s fitness carefully. If he does figure at Stoke, it is likely to be from the bench.

Elsewhere, Glen Johnson should be fit to return to the side after missing the FA Cup win over Oldham last weekend with a minor ankle knock.

Joe Allen’s adductor strain is likely to keep him out, though both he and Jon Flanagan, who has a hamstring problem, should be available for the home game against Aston Villa a week on Saturday.

Jose Enrique, however, remains sidelined with a knee injury.

Sakho and Studge back for Stoke, Allen and Flani Alves back for Villa. All going well in terms of recovery for us. We'll be damn near full strength in the next 2 weeks.

Blablurn

Seems like van Buyten is THE buddy in the squad. I see why Bayern extends his contract every year as hes essential for the teams coherence.

TeuDaZ

"Teuerster Dolmetscher aller Zeiten" (Most expensive interpreter of all time) That was is nickname in the official Bayern Forum around 2009-2011. People said he is just there to translate Riberys interviews lol.

But he always sticked for one more year. Maybe he would have gotten more appreciation if he had helped us win the CL title in 2010.

Elchele

can any of the germans translate what he's saying? i would love to know.

sounds very interesting.

Found this:

BdbX6lRCYAAxaNf.jpg

Elchele

I hope they extend DvB once again, he's a good defender and a very important part of the squad as Jack said. He's a cheap, safe option to have as CB backup.

I hope he becomes a youth coach once he retires, that way he can stay at Bayern forever. Forever.

confuziz

Banned
Footy-GAF!

What's the general opinion here on nextgen Fifa 14?

Just received the game @ work, was reading up a bit (on the dreaded EA forums) and there's so many complaints about the lob through pass....

DONT BUY FIFA 14

IT'S A PIECE OF SHIT

fifa 13 is a million times better.

tri_willy

arsenalGAF, what is with this cracked up rumour that wenger is considering getting glen johnson??? do you guys really want to give up the title race? lol

Kagawa gets knocked off the ball way to easily. He just isnt suited to the more physical side of the game which many of clubs play in the PL.

I have to agree with you now.

Sell Kagawa, Rooney (if that fat fuck wants to leave), get Mata and another top striker.

Not commenting about patching up our CM and LB since that's pretty much a requirement.

Feorax

arsenalGAF, what is with this cracked up rumour that wenger is considering getting glen johnson??? do you guys really want to give up the title race? lol

Think it's BS myself.

That being said, even on current form I would be loathe to sell him to Arsenal because I know just how good he can be if he focuses.

We really do need a fullback this window though.

I bet it will be Dzeko. I simply cant believe that Dortmund with all their ambitions to be a top club would rely on Volland or Ramos. They dodged as much as they could from paying top wages, but if they want to stay competitive they need a top class striker. And there arent many available.
No idea about Dzeko but it just can't be fucking Ramos. A 29-year-old that hasn't shown signs of international class yet? No way, we might replace Schieber with him, though.

Volland would be great, could need another year or two, though, so would be risky for our CL run.

bjaelke

Jack cw

TeuDaZ

"Teuerster Dolmetscher aller Zeiten" (Most expensive interpreter of all time) That was is nickname in the official Bayern Forum around 2009-2011. People said he is just there to translate Riberys interviews lol.

But he always sticked for one more year. Maybe he would have gotten more appreciation if he had helped us win the CL title in 2010.
To be fair, Demichelis wasnt that good either and our defensive midfield couldnt handle Sneijder, Et'o and Militios counters. Anyway, it was lesson that was necessary. Van Buyten is a solid defender with incredible positional play.
I hope they extend DvB once again, he's a good defender and a very important part of the squad as Jack said. He's a cheap, safe option to have as CB backup.
Yep, he needs to be there. Hes reliable and solid everytime he plays. If Dante manages to reach his form from last year, there is no urgence to buy Luiz.

Feorax

United-GAF, what do you think is going to happen with Vidic? Do you think he will sign a new deal?

If not, his current deal expires in the summer, so surely the club will want to cash in this window if so?

Elchele

No idea about Dzeko but it just can't be fucking Ramos. A 29-year-old that hasn't shown signs of international class yet? No way, we might replace Schieber with him, though.

Volland would be great, could need another year or two, though, so would be risky for our CL run.

There's always Sandro Wagner

WJD

United-GAF, what do you think is going to happen with Vidic? Do you think he will sign a new deal?

If not, his current deal expires in the summer, so surely the club will want to cash in this window if so?

Agent says he won't, but I think he's just playing us for a bit of extra cash. Would be a big loss to lose him for next season, even if he's not going to be playing every game; we can't just go in with Smalling, Jones and Evans. Whatever happens, I wouldn't be surprised to see him losing the captaincy and having Moyes try and bribe Rooney with it or something to get him to stay.

I won't trust Sega until the game is done and is out.

Naturally, but the premise alone is more exciting to me than any other Alien game released in recent times.

pappe

I have to agree with you now.

Sell Kagawa, Rooney (if that fat fuck wants to leave), get Mata and another top striker.

Not commenting about patching up our CM and LB since that's pretty much a requirement.

Rooney? Fuck no! We need to keep him no matter what. He is a great great player and he cannot be replaced simply because there are not many like him around.

rvy

Banned
Why would you sell Kagawa? Sell Fellaini instead. Actually, sell Fellaini to Monaco and get Moutinho in the deal.

WJD

Rooney? Fuck no! We need to keep him no matter what. He is a great great player and he cannot be replaced simply because there are not many like him around.

I don't think the club is really going to have much choice in the matter to be honest. If he wants to leave again this summer then we have absolutely no choice but to let him go - preferably abroad (why the fuck weren't Madrid/Bayern interested?).

Agreed on Kagawa too unfortunately. The biggest argument against him is probably how much better he seems to perform in the Champions League and, not to be reductionist about it, but it would heavily imply that he's just not suited to playing in England, no matter how talented.

Elchele

I'd rather sign Bendtner.

What if you end up signing Pizarro, what would be your opinion

What a fucking idiot, Schalke are full of AMs.

Hope he enjoys playing Europa League
against Juve
next season.

damn.

Sidney Sam sounds like the name of a character from one of Guy Ritchies movie.

Still better than all your wingers. Combined.
And his release clause was like 2.5M euros :lol

Blablurn

Messi Minutes ‏@MessiMinutes 1m

Spanish press all over Morata to #AFC today:
AS - 'Arsenal go loco for Morata after Theo injury'
Sport - 'Arsenal double efforts for Morata'

rvy

Banned
Why are you guys fighting? Bayern could have a bunch of infants playing and taki-cuenca will win them titles.

Stop fighting, pls. You are all German. Please stop fighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom