• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Lamela and Naughton are now injured as well.

I guess we will just play the same team that started at Old Trafford, we have nobody else.

Clegg

I really don't think any big name players will come with Moyes.

Wenger to his credit was able to talk Ozil in to coming to Arsenal. It is no surprise that the only two players who wanted to come to United were Fellaini and Baines

Also Naked Snake is such a fag, he has the sexy Eve showing her tits and he gets a boner talking about guns.
I don't believe that tbh. United are United and can attract players on name alone. If we offered enough money they'd come. But we don't.

Clegg

Hmm.

The more I think about the more this situation baffles me. We may actually have the funds to buy players; we bid for Khedira and De Rossi after all. That's 30-40m for the two. So there must be money there to spend, but we're not doing that.

I don't believe that tbh. United are United and can attract players on name alone. If we offered enough money they'd come. But we don't.

Fair enough, I just think a manager like Mourinho would have got players to come last summer. He would have talked them into it.

Snake meets Eve for the first time and she is half naked, but he doesn't give a fuck. Then she hands him a gun and he rabbits on about it for five minutes. Grip this, shine this, smooth nozzle that.

Elchele

BdD3stAIIAA_acw.jpg

Poor Jan

Meier

If you haven't noticed, Bundesliga clubs not longer sign players from South America clubs. It is cheaper to form their own players, who most of the time are better suited for the league
It seems like the clubs prefer to sign them from Asia instead. I would imagine there are more Japanese and Korean players in the Bundesliga than in any other country outside that region.

Wes

venison crêpe
The Villa guy with the insider knowledge I was talking about last night has seemingly been rumbled and all he has deleted all his posts! Woof.

Clegg

Fair enough, I just think a manager like Mourinho would have got players to come last summer. He would have talked them into it.

Snake meets Eve for the first time and she is half naked, but he doesn't give a fuck. Then she hands him a gun and he rabbits on about it for five minutes. Grip this, shine this, smooth nozzle that.
Chelsea and PSG stole targets from under our noses and that was when SAF was our manager and they had Leonardo and Di Matteo at the helm. The manager is an important factor, but money talks.

3Sixty

While i really don't think the comments were bad, Battenburg did have an absolute shit game and we should have had at least 1 pen. Of course we were never going to get anything at his first game back at Goodeson since Derby-gate.

Without doubt the worst ref in the league and suspect the complaint was to just try and have him not ref our games.

Messi

Wenger to his credit was able to talk Ozil in to coming to Arsenal. It is no surprise that the only two players who wanted to come to United were Fellaini and Baines

Also Naked Snake is such a fag, he has the sexy Eve showing her tits and he gets a boner talking about guns.

I uh... What.

Chelsea and PSG stole targets from under our noses and that was when SAF was our manager and they had Leonardo and Di Matteo at the helm. The manager is an important factor, but money talks.

TBF, that was Ancelotti and RDM had just one the Champions League.

Lightning

Banned
While i really don't think the comments were bad, Battenburg did have an absolute shit game and we should have had at least 1 pen. Of course we were never going to get anything at his first game back at Goodeson since Derby-gate.

Without doubt the worst ref in the league and suspect the complaint was to just try and have him not ref our games.
You wait until you get Anthony Taylor. Then you'll know a shit ref.

GorillaJu

It seems like the clubs prefer to sign them from Asia instead. I would imagine there are more Japanese and Korean players in the Bundesliga than in any other country outside that region.

There's a lot of cross-cultural exchange between Germany and Japan. I think Japanese people liken Germans to themselves in terms of spirit and work ethic, and would favor Germany over Spain, Portugal or Italy.

England is out of the equation because almost no one would get a work permit approved from Japan.

German teams showed many things in those group stages but the Epl and La Liga teams qualified a lot easier than the German teams did. You mention previous competitions while forgetting that the previous season Chelsea won it, a few years before that United won it, Liverpool won it. Germany only have Bayern who won it and Dortmund should have been out to Malaga.

That Malaga shit was too much.

Malaga scores a clear offside goal that gives them the lead, which was a huge blow for our team. Yet, we still came back and gave EVERYTHING. Sure, the winning goal was offside, too, but people saying "Should have been out, offside goal" just shows that they have no fucking idea and didn't even watch the match. The fact that people just ignore Malaga's offside goal is ignorant and degrading. People would say "poor Dortmund, clear offside goal by Malaga" if we hadn't scored the winner.

We showed the right spirit, will, giving everything when it matters. It's only over when it's over. But who am I telling this? How would you know? That's exactly the reason why your club will get ass fucked by Bayern in a few weeks and why you will spend another 10 years without title.

Dortmund for example have shown no ability again to manage 2 competitions. In order to qualify for the CL groups their Bundesliga form has been inconsistent and shocking. Same thing happened last season too. You look at the Atletico, Barca, Bayern, Madrid, Arsenal, City and Chelsea all qualified and doing acceptable in their leagues, still in the race. Dortmund are not, Bundesliga is over for them by Christmas.

I wonder how Arsenal would do with Koscielny, Mertesacker, Sagna, GIbbs, Ramsey and Arteta injured for most of the season.

Salvadora

Did you guys see Jason Cundy calling Liverpool fans "the most bitter, twisted, bitchy and spiteful fans [he has] ever, ever come across. By some distance"?

confuziz

Banned
Fuckkk

The doctor says the glands in my groin are swollen, I need to come back in a week.

Might be something serious =(

Feorax

Did you guys see Jason Cundy calling Liverpool fans "the most bitter, twisted, bitchy and spiteful fans [he has] ever, ever come across. By some distance"?

Yup. Think he needs to look in the mirror at some point.

He may have had some abuse, but he goes trolling for it. I'm stunned CFCTV and Talksport put up with it, especially the latter when he's actively trying to alienate a good chunk of their listners.

Clegg

TBF, that was Ancelotti and RDM had just one the Champions League.
Was it Ancelotti?

In any case Di Matteo was a waif compared to Fergie and Chelsea had finished 5th or 6th. Manager doesn't matter as much as money imo.

But at the same time I wouldn't really like United to go out and do the things City or Chelsea have done in the past. New players are needed though.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
this is old right?

Mourinho “I don’t believe they are interested in selling Higuain, so why should we be interested in someone we feel it’s impossible to get?” he stated.

“He’s a player I know we cannot get, because he moved from Real Madrid to Napoli six months ago, he is doing very well and Napoli is not normally a club that sells.”

Meier

Understand Clattenburg said to Lallana "you’re very different now you have played for England, you never used to be like this."

That doesn't seem very bad to be honest. The referees have to have a working relationship with the players, especially the captains, and Lallana probably has become less accommodating since getting his first cap. I imagine he toes the line far more than he did earlier.

Rodwell injured
nt5j5sS.png

I like him as a player and was impressed by him at times last season (especially Norwich), but it may be time to cut our losses this summer. He can't stay healthy and Manuel simply isn't playing him even when he is. Let someone else worry about him.. 2 seasons of being injury plagued is enough.

Timurid

Was it Ancelotti?

In any case Di Matteo was a waif compared to Fergie and Chelsea had finished 5th or 6th. Manager doesn't matter as much as money imo.

But at the same time I wouldn't really like United to go out and do the things City or Chelsea have done in the past. New players are needed though.

Ancelotti was the manager and Leonardo was the sporting director.

Meier

Smart watches are going to be a thing in 2014, aren't they? Kill me. Kill me now.

I think the Galaxy Gear has done quite poorly. My friend got a Pebble via the KS but didn't stick with it despite enjoying the text reading functionality initially. Whenever Apple comes out with one, I imagine it'll be a huge hit but who knows. It seems like the margins would be better on an "Apple TV" with Apple TV built in.

Feorax

I quite like Guillem Ballague as a pundit, but he's so incredibly biased towards La Liga during the transfer window.

Damn near every article he writes is either;

"X player is definitely NOT leaving Barca/Real/Atletico, etc"

Or

"X player will definitely be playing in La Liga by the end of the window"

Meier

I think Mourinho is just responding to the silly rumor that they bid 50m and are willing to go higher for Higuain. He's just pointing out how crazy it is basically (and it IS batshit crazy).

Also Naked Snake is such a fool, he has the sexy Eve showing her tits and he gets a boner talking about guns.

edit: my bad

The only reason Ozil went to Arsenal is because no other club bid for him, hence why he held on until the last minutes of the window in hope that another club would match Arsenal's bid.

If you think Wenger persuaded him to come to Arsenal over any other club you're deluded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom