• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Times headline: "Nicklas Bendtner progress may stop Arsenal from signing new striker".

That sounds like a threat.

ixYnaln9uTvKI.gif

I think a loan could be possible. Ancelotti prefers JESE.

I always thought Jese operated from out wide.

Salvadora

I think a loan could be possible. Ancelotti prefers JESE.
I dunno, man.

A strikeforce of Benzema and Jese for the rest of the season wouldn't/shouldn't sound to appealing to a club of Madrid's size. Although to be fair, neither should Benzema, Jese and Morata.

Bumhead

Banned
That Miiverse thread is a hall of fame contender.

Just.. amazing.

Wow at people being dicks about it on Miiverse though. It's a funny video with funny narration. Why not just leave the lols on here?

Scum

That Miiverse thread is a hall of fame contender.

Just.. amazing.

Wow at people being dicks about it on Miiverse though. It's a funny video with funny narration. Why not just leave the lols on here?

No fun allowed on the interwebs nowadays. It must be ruined. Lives must be ruined.

Salvadora

No fun allowed on the interwebs nowadays. It must be ruined. Lives must be ruined.
He's only a kid though. At that age, small things can feel like the worst thing ever.

It felt a bit cruel reading that thread towards the end. Sort of like that time GAF made a cam girl cry.

Scum

He's only a kid though. At that age, small things can feel like the worst thing ever.

It felt a bit cruel reading that thread towards the end. Sort of like that time GAF made a cam girl cry.

Yeah. It's pathetic to be honest. Everytime I see threads like that pop up, you immediately spot the ones who have never step foot outside and got into a conversation with the opposite sex. At least the thread got close.

Its a few days old and might have been posted already but never mind: Chelsea fury as Liverpool sideline striker Victor Moses

First of all, striker?

He's only got himself to blame though, Everton, Southampton, WBA and Norwich in for him too, I think he should have gone to Everton or Southampton, especially as he's worked with Martinez before, this isn't a criticism of Liverpool I can see why he's not got into the team but I think he'd have got more game time elsewhere and the club have seemingly pointed out to him that he had other options. Doesn't seem like we're going to pull him out though.

Berty should be used as bait in a Shaw deal.

I'd also say that we shouldn't be dealing with Brendan for loans anymore either simply after loaning Josh McEachran to him at Swansea, we were told he would get game time and he got a total of 215 minutes...

Lightning

Banned
I dunno, man.

A strikeforce of Benzema and Jese for the rest of the season wouldn't/shouldn't sound to appealing to a club of Madrid's size. Although to be fair, neither should Benzema, Jese and Morata.
If we can get Morata we have a great shot at the title without another striker I feel we will be 1 option short and fall short as a result. Our defence is solid, midfield is excellent, wingers are acceptable but striker is an issue. Giroud and Bendtner is it. Theo and Podolski are not strikers, not impressed with either there.

GorillaJu

Its a few days old and might have been posted already but never mind: Chelsea fury as Liverpool sideline striker Victor Moses

First of all, striker?

He's only got himself to blame though, Everton, Southampton, WBA and Norwich in for him too, I think he should have gone to Everton or Southampton, especially as he's worked with Martinez before, this isn't a criticism of Liverpool I can see why he's not got into the team but I think he'd have got more game time elsewhere and the club have seemingly pointed out to him that he had other options. Doesn't seem like we're going to pull him out though.

Berty should be used as bait in a Shaw deal.

I'd also say that we shouldn't be dealing with Brendan for loans anymore either simply after loaning Josh McEachran to him at Swansea, we were told he would get game time and he got a total of 215 minutes...

Wasn't he, McEachran, coming in to fill in for an injured Leon Britton? Sigurdsson was on fire at the end of that season, scoring in every game it seems. Any manager is going to do what's best for their team, even if it means not adhering to the loan agreement terms. But I agree that we shouldn't be looking to loan Chelsea players. Rather buy them than risk more Moses situations where they just can't be arsed. He was starting right away when we brought him in. Poor performances have kept him out.

In Russia they're saying that Everton are close to signing Aiden McGeady. Hope it's not true since McGeady is a massive cunt.

Because until last season he used to play as LW, but when Toril took charged of Castilla he started to play him more as a false 9 in a 4-3-3 with Morata as RW and Cheryshev as LW.
RIP Cheryshev. You were supposed to be a star.

Lightning

Banned
Dortmund haven't got a prayer in signing Serge Gnabry. The guy just signed a 5 year deal and is about to get his chance to shine for Arsenal. Can't see Arsene being very keen to do business with that one.

Manager

Almost the whole team has adopted Pellegrini's new style this season, some did it instantly. However, both Dzeko and Garcia has kept going on with the old style - slow safe passing, no sense of urgency which is what Mancini always forced.

Blackburn match showed improvement for the first time though, and yesterday it seemed like those two finally were on the same level as the rest. It's not about the opposition (which was weak), but about having the guts to always try the quick option. This season, the whole build-up-play stopped completely when Dzeko and Garcia got the ball.

I like that about Pellegrini - Dzeko and Negredo has previously not worked well together, and many managers would give up and pick the safe option (4-5-1). Instead, he's played Dzeko and Negredo together game after game and now it finally gave results.

Jack cw

FootballFan

You stole Denis. :(

Pellegrini has had real issues against Barca and Real before, lost with big numbers. Is he naive tactically against you or was his squad that bad? I know there were some red cards involved too though.

I'd say stubborn/ambitious is a better word. Doesn't park the bus and tries to play against us....usually. Entertaining games, to say the least.

I wouldn't say it's weak squads either tbh. His Malaga, Villarreal and Real Madrid all had very good players, all over the pitch. He reached the semi's of CL with Villarreal, came 2nd in La Liga in 2008, CL quarters with Malaga, lost La Liga with Madrid by 4 points, etc.

He is a great coach, having a bad record vs Barca/Madrid while coaching La Liga teams isn't surprising, he did his best and did pull off some good results. Can't believe Pulga supports the 2 clubs stealing from the other 18. smh.

Feorax

Is there really a better manager on the market right now?

Right now? Probably not, no, and I don't really see Moyes going anywhere.

The only way it could possibly be done is to have Frogson return until the summer, and then just treat it as year zero at the end of the season. Again though, won't happen.

Lightning

Banned
Right now? Probably not, no, and I don't really see Moyes going anywhere.

The only way it could possibly be done is to have Frogson return until the summer, and then just treat it as year zero at the end of the season. Again though, won't happen.
Fergie and Charlton are making things worse for Moyes with what they did in the stands against Sunderland. Hope Arsene Wenger doesn't do what froggie is doing, let the man get on with the job, don't be a distracting shadow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom