• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.
He earns around 12 million Euro I think, if we listen between the lines of what Hoeness is saying. That chart is mostly a tales from the ass story. After what Uli said, the offers from the british clubs had nearly double the wages of Bayerns bid.

Rich British clubs who knew they'd be managerless in summer 2013 when Guardiola was confirmed as future Bayern manager

1) Chelsea
2) .....

I imagine City put out the feelers, doubt there was anything concrete though. And I sincerely doubt that either of Chelsea or City just barged straight in with offers twice as financially lucrative as Bayern's. It just doesn't make sense, especially in a business where sackings are so prevalent.

Fady K

Alien fans on footygaf - so how about that? Alien Isolation looks freakin' fantastic. Never dreamed a talented team like creative assembly would make the Alien game that seems like the one we were all waiting for.

LTWheels

To me going from Barca to Bayern was the easy option. From one dominant team in a non-competitive league to another.

Should have gone to England or Italy for a real challenge.

Oh, and Fry, James Pearce, who is doing the webchat later for the Echo, says we are prioritising LB and CM. Looks like Salah is on the back burner.

Good.

Salah is really only a luxury if we can get him at the right price. We have more important positions to concern ourselves with. Next season we will have enough attacking forwards anyway. Sterling, Coutinho, Suso, Assaidi, Ibe. Not including Sturridge, Aspas and Borini. All will be one year old, and better players.

Fady K

Definitely. Welcome back fady.

How have you been? You're rarely here anymore lol.

I have been fine FootballFan, I got married back in November and lost in thought over what to do for a living for the most part. I still love football as much as ever, if not more, and have a blast watching all my teams' matches :D I miss the threads! I'd probably show up more often once I improve my "time management" skills! Been ages, nice to see you as active as ever my friend, how are you? :D

Very good and true point Hitcher, but the developer being CA makes a very interesting difference here. Last time around it was Gearbox, who can be very hit and miss, plus an suspicious gearbox at that.

Do you reckon its true about Gearbox putting Colonial Marine funds towards Borderlands 2? It sounds so shady, but Pitchford comes across as a massive twat, and the game looked underfunded/understaffed so I can easily see it being true

Jack cw

Rich British clubs who knew they'd be managerless in summer 2013 when Guardiola was confirmed as future Bayern manager

1) Chelsea
2) .....

I imagine City put out the feelers, doubt there was anything concrete though. And I sincerely doubt that either of Chelsea or City just barged straight in with offers twice as financially lucrative as Bayern's. It just doesn't make sense, especially in a business where sackings are so prevalent.
SAF was there in New York and negotiated with him, City was interested, Even Miland wanted him. We'll never know what they were all talking about and what those bids included, but when I heard what teams were in the race I didnt think we had a real chance as our standing wasnt as good as it is right now and we still cant compete with the investor plagued clubs. This was all at the end of 2012, were we finished 2nd in CL, cup and league and were nowhere at the games that made us shine against Arsenal, Juve and Barca.
I remember this moment very well and it still shows what a great guy Kahn really was.

Fady K

Just exchange Twitter time with GAF time, Fady!

I should do that more often, my favorite Bayern poster :D What have you been playing bro? I started Uncharted 3 recently - at chapter 11 and loving it. Also - Sonic Generations - best Sonic game I've ever played/finished probably.

Blablurn

I should do that more often, my favorite Bayern poster :D What have you been playing bro? I started Uncharted 3 recently - at chapter 11 and loving it. Also - Sonic Generations - best Sonic game I've ever played/finished probably.

I'm gonna start Revengeance tonight on Steam. Can't wait!

LTWheels

Do you reckon its true about Gearbox putting Colonial Marine funds towards Borderlands 2? It sounds so shady, but Pitchford comes across as a massive twat, and the game looked underfunded/understaffed so I can easily see it being true

Considering how long CM was in development under Gearbox; yes

Fady K

Definitely bro, so many reports pointed to Gearbox being shady about it from the start. I especially blame Gearbox for showing us a completely different demo (one that looked far better than the final product in every way even though it was shown 2 years before the final game :/!). They raised our hopes with a blatantly incomplete demo and the lack of organisation is apparently very obvious in the final product :(!!

SEGA seemed to be in the dark about it too btw, as far as I know. There were reports going around about that and how SEGA may even sue. I would not be surprised if SEGA never works with Gearbox again.

Definitely bro, so many reports pointed to Gearbox being shady about it from the start. I especially blame Gearbox for showing us a completely different demo (one that looked far better than the final product in every way even though it was shown 2 years before the final game :/!). They raised our hopes with a blatantly incomplete demo and the lack of organisation is apparently very obvious in the final product :(!!

SEGA seemed to be in the dark about it too btw, as far as I know. There were reports going around about that and how SEGA may even sue. I would not be surprised if SEGA never works with Gearbox again.

Yeah. Doubt we'll ever find out what really happened though, since the suing story seems dead :(

And now, the most important question I'll ever ask in this thread

Does your wife have any sisters?

Congrats bro

Fady K

Fady got married? Why didn't I know this?

Congratulations!

Thank you so much Bacon ;) She is a Juve fan though she also watches every Chelsea game with me ever since last summer and she is having a blast :D

I'm gonna start Revengeance tonight on Steam. Can't wait!

Awesome :D I plan on playing my copy someday, haven't tried it yet! I am starting Peace Walker though right after Uncharted 3 :]

Considering how long CM was in development under Gearbox; yes

Gearbox was also misleading all of us with that 10+ minute demonstration that is far better than the final game.

Elchele

SMH that thread about people clapping when a plane lands or after a movie. Seriously people. Stahp.

ibaRqFRFxERXWm.jpg

LTWheels

If it is true, i expect that Sega won't sue because CM still managed to sell quite well.

Feorax

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/152872-mclaughlin-in-loan-switch-to-barnsley

Academy youngster Ryan McLaughlin has joined Barnsley on an initial one-month youth loan, Liverpool Football Club confirmed today.

The 19-year-old, who signed a new contract with the Reds in July 2013, will join Danny Wilson's Championship outfit.

McLaughlin, a talented full-back, arrived at the Academy in the summer of 2011 and has represented Northern Ireland at youth level.

In 2012, he joined the Reds on their pre-season tour of North America and featured in their second fixture against AS Roma.

Fantastic. Looking forward to seeing how he does when playing regularly.

Fady K

Yeah. Doubt we'll ever find out what really happened though, since the suing story seems dead :(

And now, the most important question I'll ever ask in this thread

Does your wife have any sisters?

Congrats bro

Thanks Hitcher :)! She does have 3 other sisters. She is also an avid gamer :D Wishing every poster in this thread who have not found their partner yet to find one who will enjoy both gaming and football :D

As for Gearbox, I wonder if someone will go all tell-tale at some point. An ex-employee or something to spill the beans.

FootballFan

I have been fine FootballFan, I got married back in November and lost in thought over what to do for a living for the most part. I still love football as much as ever, if not more, and have a blast watching all my teams' matches :D I miss the threads! I'd probably show up more often once I improve my "time management" skills! Been ages, nice to see you as active as ever my friend, how are you? :D

:O Congrats man! Married life must be completely different, no more 20multiquotes in one post time haha.

We have a lot of new members always joining and posting, by the time you sort out your time management you won't recognise anyone as most older members will be perma banned haha.

You on ps4/wiiu/xbone/3ds/vita btw?

Fady K

If it is true, i expect that Sega won't sue because CM still managed to sell quite well.

True, I just hope all those sales will not have irrevocably damaged the Alien brand name :[

:O Congrats man! Married life must be completely different, no more 20multiquotes in one post time haha.

We have a lot of new members always joining and posting, by the time you sort out your time management you won't recognise anyone as most older members will be perma banned haha.

You on ps4/wiiu/xbone/3ds/vita btw?

You never know buddy I may find a way to multiquote whenever the opportunity arises ;D

I feel lost with all the new members here, like I'm starting my first day in college, seeing familiar friends but not knowing most. Which valuable members have been permabanned :0??!! I know sleepless is gone :( Anyone else?

I am on the PS3/4 and the 3DS/Vita bro :] Send me your username/friend code and I'll add u up in all systems :)

nampad

Fuck you Oliver Kreuzer! Letting Rudnevs move to 96 on loan with such a cheap buying option.
Lasogga won't stay after the season anyway and now a proven Bundesliga striker has practically been sold for less than we even payed for him coming from the polish league.
How long we have waited before for a striker who actually nets 12 goals in a season and now he just gets dumped.

Kuehne was right all along, you are a third rate manager.

Elchele

Fuck you Oliver Kreuzer! Letting Rudnevs move to 96 on loan with such a cheap buying option.
Lasogga won't stay after the season anyway and now a proven Bundesliga striker has practically been sold for less than we even payed for him coming from the polish league.
How long we have waited before for a striker who actually nets 12 goals in a season and now he just gets dumped.

Kuehne was right all along, you are a third rate manager.

Why would you think Lasogga is not staying?
Got to give something to Hannover 96 :-( please understand

FootballFan

You never know buddy I may find a way to multiquote whenever the opportunity arises ;D

I feel lost with all the new members here, like I'm starting my first day in college, seeing familiar friends but not knowing most. Which valuable members have been permabanned :0??!! I know sleepless is gone :( Anyone else?

I am on the PS3/4 and the 3DS/Vita bro :] Send me your username/friend code and I'll add u up in all systems :)

Nah no one else been permabanned...I don't think.

Yeah sweet, ill pm you those some time soon. on ps4/ps3/wiiu/2ds/vita

nampad

Why would you think Lasogga is not staying?
Got to give something to Hannover 96 :-( please understand

If he keeps scoring like that another club will snatch him up like Wolfsburg or so.
HSV can't compete financially and from a competitive standpoint, we probably won't play international next year.

Given Lasogga's past with many transfers even as a youth player I don't think he is a loyal player who will pick staying at HSV over better options.

For what it's worth, I agree it is better to see Rudnevs move to our friends from Hannover rather than anywhere else.

Feorax

He's certainly going to have plenty to do there, Barnsley are a terrible side! Like you say though, it's a promising sign. Hope he does well.

Some people are saying his loan is a sign we have someone ready to come in, but I don't buy that at all. He hasn't made a first team appearance yet outside of friendlies, so he isn't even really classed as cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom