• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

This JaseC guy from the Steam thread seems like a really nice guy (he gifts a lot) but I don't get this lil too obnoxious Saroirse actress hype.

operon

This day, first we're subjected to a takeover of Footy gaf by Bayern fans then my 5 year old son who had his tonsils out on New Year's eve has an infection and we need to keep an eye on him in case he gets a bleed.

Jack cw

Does anyone else ignore the fact Metal Gear Rising exists? Because I know I do.

Its not canon MGS, but Kojimas recent efforts were rather mediocre with Peace Walker and disastrous with MGS4. Rising is a great spin off and more fun than those other 2 mainline MGS.

dc89

DC I do not want to my team to play at the Etihad soon :(!

Btw what game are you playing now bro?

I finished MGS (Ps1 download) on PS3. So I'm onto MGS2 now. Dabbling with a bit of FIFA and BF4 on PS4 in-between.

I havent played it and I wanna give it a try. I enjoyed most of the platinum games so far.

Its not canon MGS, but Kojimas recent efforts were rather mediocre with Peace Walker and disastrous with MGS4. Rising is a great spin off and more fun than those other 2 mainline MGS.

I'm not a fan of those types of games but I can understand the appeal and the enjoyment. I'm just cruel at times :p

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It's not bad at all Yurt, just find yourself a reasonable juventina whose fair minded and interesting and you're perfectly set ;D

Committing to one woman for the REST OF MY LIFE in my 20s? NO THANKS!
KuGsj.gif

in all seriousness, I'm too young Fady <3 and mentally not ready for this

Does anyone else ignore the fact Metal Gear Rising exists? Because I know I do.
stick with your Ni no Kuni Hakuna matata
Man that gif you used to post from the same game with the dude clapping was awesome.
52tQG.gif

It's written by Kojima, and it's canon. MGS fans please deal with it.

sohois

Unlock the game using VPN and then go in offline mode and disable the VPN.

Is this possible? I presumed there was some kind of check or something, otherwise the whole point of implementing the region lock goes out of the window for Konami. either that or they are completely incompetent.

Jack cw

This JaseC guy from the Steam thread seems like a really nice guy (he gifts a lot) but I don't get this lil too obnoxious Saroirse actress hype.
Jasec is a cool guy and that Ronan girl has this bang me look on every god damn picture of her.
It is depressing. If anything we should be signing youth players for Bayern II in case they reach promotion.

edit: most importantly, why are players so stupid? Has he taken a look at his competence in Bayern? Thiago, Kroos, Schweinsteiger, Gotze, Lahm, Pierre-Emile, Schopf. pls

I also dont know why those players join us. Our midfield is fully stacked and as I said earlier, the only option for him to stay in the squad is to become Lahms successor on the wing.
It's written by Kojima, and it's canon. MGS fans please deal with it.
God damit Yurt. I refuse to believe this :/
DmC was really good game. Just saying.

It was better than Enslaved yes, but not as good as Heavenly Sword.

Wes

venison crêpe
@JSoccerMagazine 12h
Hearing news AGAIN that Aston Villa have targeted Kiyotake again, or rather never stopped targeting, are trying again this transfer window

Nuremberg wouldn't sell this window though surely? I would've thought they need him in the predicament they are in.

Elchele

@JSoccerMagazine 12h
Hearing news AGAIN that Aston Villa have targeted Kiyotake again, or rather never stopped targeting, are trying again this transfer window

Nuremberg wouldn't sell this window though surely? I would've thought they need him in the predicament they are in.

Yeah, don't see him leaving now. He's their best player and best chance to remain in first division

Blablurn

Guys, anyone in the mood to make me a new Bayern related avatar? I feel like using something new for some weeks. And I suck at photoshop and creativity :(

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
do we have to read Wes' rambles now that his name is in red? -_-

i always read ur posts bb

GorillaJu

Is this possible? I presumed there was some kind of check or something, otherwise the whole point of implementing the region lock goes out of the window for Konami. either that or they are completely incompetent.

I use a VPN all the time to access NA region games that haven't come out in Japan. The region locking is basically minimal effort.

Feorax

Quick summary of Echo LFC transfer webchat;

Pearce - I think it's pretty clear that Liverpool need a left-back and greater depth in midfield - both centrally and out wide.

Pearce - Rodgers was keen to sign a top class LB last summer but it didn't happen. They couldn't agree a fee for Siqueira & got Cissokho.

Pearce - As for midfield, I think another option is needed to complement Gerrard, Lucas, Allen and Henderson.

Pearce - A wide man is required to ensure Coutinho doesn't have to operate wide, he's wasted out there.

Pearce - I think the right-back situation is something which probably won't be addressed until the summer.

Pearce - I can't see Johnson signing a new contract as he would have to accept a pay cut.

Pearce - It wouldn't surprise me if Liverpool sold Johnson in the summer.

Pearce - I wouldn't say that Salah is anywhere near being done. Liverpool have been quoted £13m by Basel and they won't go that high.

Pearce - Liverpool are prepared to wait until the summer when they believe Salah would be available for less.

Pearce - I don't think anything (any deal) is close. Most business is done in January towards the end of the window.

Pearce - The owners (FSG) insist that kind of money (£20m+) is available to spend for the right player.

Pearce - However, LFC found back in the summer that landing top class players in that bracket is tough when you are operating outside of CL.

Pearce - I think Mata would be ideal for Brendan Rodgers' side but Chelsea simply wouldn't sell him to Liverpool.

Pearce - LFC & Chelsea are rivals this season and the Londoners aren't going to do anything to help the Reds' pursuit of glory.

Pearce - The longer the window goes on, the more active clubs will become. I still expect Liverpool to make additions to their squad.

Pearce - I've heard nothing about any LFC interest in Morata. I don't believe signing a striker is a priority for Rodgers during this window

Pearce - It's all gone quiet on that front (replacing McParland/Borrell). I get the impression they might wait until the summer.

Pearce - The club have a transfer committee who draw up targets and put a value on players. They won't go above those figures.

Pearce - That can be frustrating but the reality is that the owners want value for money.

Pearce - With such a small squad I can't see Rodgers offloading anyone during this window.

Pearce - Tiago Ilori was expected to go out on loan but even that might have to be scrapped now due to Agger's injury.

Pearce - Cissokho & Moses, the only way LFC could cancel the loans is if Valencia & CFC agree to have them back. I can't see that happening

Pearce - Joao Carlos Teixeira isn't viewed at that same level yet (as Rossiter and Brannagan). He needs to get out on loan & get experience.

Pearce - You have to aim for the top but I don't think the title is realistic. I think Man City will win it comfortably in the end.

Pearce - This season was all about Liverpool trying to force their way back into the top 4 and they are on course to achieve that.

Pearce - I can't see FSG changing tact as they have a strategy they intend to keep to.

Pearce - What I would say is that I hope FSG realise the opportunity facing LFC this month.

Pearce - I have not heard anything about any interest in Alexandru Maxim.

Pearce - LFC is certainly a much more attractive proposition for prospective signings now than it was last summer.

Pearce - Suarez penning that new deal will also help in the battle to secure reinforcements. It was a show of ambition from the club.

Courtesy of Viktor Fagerström &#8207;(@ViktorFagerLFC)

I'll update this post if anything else is said.

EDIT: Webchat over

Hixx

So we have bid for Andujar. Argentinian keeper, second to... whoever is their first choice haha. Not sure we need to replace Mannone but defo Westwood who is done at SAFC.

Also very close to signing some dude called Vergini, central defender who played for Newell's when Barca's manager was there. He wanted to take him to Barca but didn't materialize - maybe due to the EU ruling where they can only have 3 non-EU in their team. Messi, Neymar, Mascherano... yea.

And back in for Scocco, Argentinian striker.

This is all Thatcher's fault.

Facism

Gold Member
i'd like MG:R but i already have it on Ps3 and can't justify double dipping unless it's like £5 or something :)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Hah. Of course not! My rambles are just that - rambles.
What a classic mod reply. Wes Ham pls <3
I haven't even played Rising yet but MGS4 already did far worse things to MGS canon than Rising ever could have done.
I don't want to upset based OddMorsel again, but MGS's story was never good to begin with. Utter lunacy from start to finish.

loads of fun though, and sets up the boss fights perfectly.

Kassu

Banned
I don't want to upset based OddMorsel again, but MGS's story was never good to begin with. Utter lunacy from start to finish.

loads of fun though, and sets up the boss fights perfectly.
I agree but I just find it funny when MGS fans hate Rising for ruining the canon when MGS4 already did it.

Hixx

Graeme le Saux wrote an article on the homophobic abuse he received when he played, despite not being homosexual: http://reflectionsasia.wordpress.co...-saux-how-gay-slurs-almost-wrecked-my-career/

"Pretty soon, opposition players were winding me up about it. I was in my second spell at Chelsea when the real problems began. From the time the rumours first surfaced, I got plenty of comments from other players about being a &#8220;faggot&#8221; or a &#8220;queer&#8221;. Robbie Savage seemed to get a particular thrill out of it, but I guess that will not surprise anybody. I told him he should say it to me at the end of the game when I had tackled him a few times; see if he still wanted to call me a poof then."

Nope, it doesn't.

Also Robbie Fowler comes across a right cretin in this but that's no real surprise either.

Clegg

Papers now saying were not that interested in Coentrao. Probably the right decision as he isn't that good. But then we're still gonna be left with Evra for the rest of the season.

Feorax

Papers now saying were not that interested in Coentrao. Probably the right decision as he isn't that good. But then we're still gonna be left with Evra for the rest of the season.

Even if there's not a great deal of value in January, United really need to do something significant this window.

Even disregarding the effect on the rest of the season, it would leave such a mammoth task in the summer to strengthen the squad AND replace all the players who will inevitably leave due to their age/contract situations. If you don't finish at least 4th, it's going to be even worse.

Bumhead

Banned
Fucking lol, South Yorkshire Police statement on Aaron Cawley (Leeds fan who attacked Kirkland last year)

"@robstaton: #SWFC: "Consequently South Yorkshire Police will take the appropriate action should he come within a mile of the stadium on Saturday"

Hopefully "appropriate action" involves mercilessly beating him to the ground.

Clegg

Even if there's not a great deal of value in January, United really need to do something significant this window.

Even disregarding the effect on the rest of the season, it would leave such a mammoth task in the summer to strengthen the squad AND replace all the players who will inevitably leave due to their age/contract situations. If you don't finish at least 4th, it's going to be even worse.
I can see why Moyes would be hesitant though. He can go out and sign players who may need time to settle in and therefore offer no immediate positive impact on the team. Maybe it really is better to wait until the summer. But it's a world cup year so any deals for the best players will be put off until after it ends. We may not have CL football either so it could get harder for us to attract the players we want. He's in a tricky position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom