• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesalr

Lamela and Naughton are now injured as well.

I guess we will just play the same team that started at Old Trafford, we have nobody else.

tBKI7VJ.png

Why? That's a full team of players (if we play a rush goalie :p )!

tri_willy

FA have charged Rodgers for his comments about Lee Mason.

Inevitable.

FA = fucking arseholes

no fucking shit is sacred these days ffs! if players/managers can get criticised for their performance/decision making, then same should be fucking applied to idiotic referees. fucking bunch of twats

Manager

Please play soon. :(

Pellegrini said he'll be back next week, together with Demichelis and Richards.

Bc_bsbdCIAE5CCF.png:large

a8a7a9ez.jpg

I like him as a player and was impressed by him at times last season (especially Norwich), but it may be time to cut our losses this summer. He can't stay healthy and Manuel simply isn't playing him even when he is. Let someone else worry about him.. 2 seasons of being injury plagued is enough.

To be fair, who would take over Rodwell's wages as they are? He's impossible to sell or even give away atm.

Thinking of playing Zelda and selling the 3DSXL. Just don't have the inclination to play it outside of long car journeys

If anyone's interested, I'll give you a footy-gaf discount :p

Its red btw, and I'll throw in the power adaptor

rvy

Banned
DmC is such a wacky game. This story is so fucking boring and long-winded. Cutscene, cutscene, cutscene. And the combat isn't even fun.

pls

I'm so ashamed I use a different account to be playing this POS.

Mandoose. Mandoose. It's Mundus, you fedora-wearing dipshit.

jesalr

FA = fucking arseholes

no fucking shit is sacred these days ffs! if players/managers can get criticised for their performance/decision making, then same should be fucking applied to idiotic referees. fucking bunch of twats

The line being that Rogers didn't just criticise his decision making, but his 'integrity' too by bringing up the fact that he's from Greater Manchester.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
people of GAF

what's the name of that auto-refresh addon/extension again?

My Chrome decided to unmount everything last night

Manager

Fernandinho is so good. SO GOOD. I liken him a Brazilian JM7.

City are f'd if he gets injured, there is no one that can replace him, not even close. Javi Garcia has no offense qualities whatsoever and Yaya can't be given defense responsibilities.

Maybe Pellegrini could put Demichelis on his position.

I really hope he gets to go to World Cup, completely unfair if Paulinho gets in on old merits. :/

City are f'd if he gets injured, there is no one that can replace him, not even close. Javi Garcia has no offense qualities whatsoever and Yaya can't be given defense responsibilities.

Has Yaya lapsed that badly defensively??? I remember him always being a beast for Barca

Bumhead

Banned
I'm off to Macclesfield tomorrow.

It's got cupset written allover it. Just once I'd like a run or at least a game against a top side.

Manager

Has Yaya lapsed that badly defensively??? I remember him always being a beast for Barca

It's just that sometimes it looks as if he has played for 120 minutes at the 20th minute mark, without even moving around that much. He's not mobile enough to jog/sprint for a long time (like putting pressure on ball holding opposition), when he does his explosive runs he walks around for a couple minutes afterwards. Hamann touched on this in the last MOTD but got unrightly shot down.

He weighs 90 kilos so it's a big load to carry around I guess. I'm fearing it's only gonna get worse the older he gets.

dc89

I really hope he gets to go to World Cup, completely unfair if Paulinho gets in on old merits. :/

I really hope he goes too. He's been awesome.

I think we missed De Jong's combative nature and tackling and now we've finally got an upgrade. Fernan is just as good at tackling and defending and leagues ahead in terms of passing, scoring and just all round orchestrating the play.

He schooled Wilshere in that game, Jack got a real lesson on how to play as the complete midfielder.

I think we missed De Jong's combative nature and tackling and now we've finally got an upgrade. Fernan is just as good at tackling and defending and leagues ahead in terms of passing, scoring and just all round orchestrating the play.

He schooled Wilshere in that game, Jack got a real lesson on how to play as the complete midfielder.

There's never been a pretense of Wilshere being anything close to a complete midfielder tbf

It's just that sometimes it looks as if he has played for 120 minutes at the 20th minute mark, without even moving around that much. He's not mobile enough to jog/sprint for a long time (like putting pressure on ball holding opposition), when he does his explosive runs he walks around for a couple minutes afterwards. Hamann touched on this in the last MOTD but got unrightly shot down.

He weighs 90 kilos so it's a big load to carry around I guess. I'm fearing it's only gonna get worse the older he gets.

90 kilos what the hell. That is the same as Mertesacker but he is 4 inches taller.

As long as he keeps getting goals for me in fantasy I am happy.

Manager

Can you imagine they paid £16m for Garcia. It's the ultimate proof that Marwood had no idea at all what he was doing. He hadn't even played much for Benfica either.

I bet there was so little negotiations with all those transfers on deadline day, probably just said "Yeah yeah whatever let's do this!" to everyone, Garcia, Maicon, Rodwell, Sinclair etc. What a mess.

Salvadora

Can you imagine they paid £16m for Garcia. It's the ultimate proof that Marwood had no idea at all what he was doing. He hadn't even played much for Benfica either.

I bet there was so little negotiations with all those transfers on deadline day, probably just said "Yeah yeah whatever let's do this!" to everyone, Maicon, Rodwell, Sinclair etc. What a mess.
Do you think the acquisition of Jovetic is similarly demonstrative of incompetence (in that you bought an unnecessary, injury-prone player for lots of money)?

dc89

There's never been a pretense of Wilshere being anything close to a complete midfielder tbf

Maybe I used the wrong terminology. What I was trying to get at is the fact that in the past I've seen Wilshere tackle, break up the play and either go on to score or at least have a part to play in a goal. In that game, Fernandinho was just too much of a beast for him, he often stole the ball from Wilshere or Wilshere just bounced off him when trying to tackle him.

I bet there was so little negotiations with all those transfers on deadline day, probably just said "Yeah yeah whatever let's do this!" to everyone, Garcia, Maicon, Rodwell, Sinclair etc. What a mess.

Eurgh. That transfer window. I was hopeful until the end.

Manager

Do you think the acquisition of Jovetic is similarly demonstrative of incompetence (in that you bought an unnecessary, injury-prone player for lots of money)?

The weird thing is that they gambled having experienced Bojinov, Santa Cruz and Rodwell and still thought they somehow by miracle could get him fit after all those issues at Fiorentina. I guess City was the only club that could afford such gamble.

After the transfer, I think they should have sold Dzeko, that way Jovetic would be more needed and City would recoup some money at the same time. Instead he's basically bought as a tied 3rd/4th option striker after Negredo and Aguero and shared with Dzeko. A huge talent, sure, but he'll still never be ahead of Aguero, or Silva as supporting striker option. How many clubs can pay £20m+ for that backup option? And, you want your backups to be 100% fit to jump in when needed, someone like Milner.

Also, I don't think they expected Nasri to become as good as he has been and now there is not much space for Jovetic anywhere on the field.

Manager

Eurgh. That transfer window. I was hopeful until the end.

I don't think City could get any more perfect guys than Txiki and Ferran, after all this. The squad was a mess, three right backs, overpaid contracts, no structure what so ever in anything. Garry Cook and Marwood basically got the biggest sack of money in football known to man and they chose to spent it mostly on Hughes and Mancinis own personal choices with little logic or negotiation, created the best paid squad in the world while barely qualifiyng for CL.

Santa Cruz for £18m even though he had only been fit for a season, Robinho just for the sake of it, Adebayor £25m, De Jong £18m with 6 months of the contract left, Maicon even though Zabaleta and Richards was there... Kolarov, somehow unknown left back for £16m?! Jo £18m? Owen Hargreaves?!?! SCOTT SINCLAIR?!

j6WocXz4eyrQN.jpg

dc89

I don't think City could get any more perfect guys than Txiki and Ferran, after all this. The squad was a mess, three right backs, overpaid contracts, no structure what so ever in anything. Garry Cook and Marwood basically got the biggest sack of money known to man and they chose to spent it mostly on Hughes and Mancinis own personal choices with little logic.

Santa Cruz for £18m even though he had only been fit for a season, Robinho just for the sake of it, Adebayor £25m, De Jong £18m with 6 months of the contract left, Maicon even though Zabaleta and Richards was there... Kolarov, somehow unknown left back for £16m?!

j6WocXz4eyrQN.jpg

That picture :looooooooooool

---

I am really disappointed in the guys in here that have Twitter.

Why did no one inform me of De Rossi.

I don't care if it's out of context or whatever. It's still great.

King_Moc

Banned
The line being that Rogers didn't just criticise his decision making, but his 'integrity' too by bringing up the fact that he's from Greater Manchester.

I think that the offside decision itself brought up their credibility even more. If it wasn't corruption, then it was utter incompetence. I can't recall anyone ever being given offside from that far on. The linesman should be punished as well.

Bumhead

Banned
Fucking fair play to the 800 or so Wolves fans who have gone down to Gillingham tonight for their game, in this weather and in a roofless away end.

I've been to Gillingham and it's an awful trip.

wedward

This is wrong. That's always sorta been the thing people hype up about him. He is great going forward and isn't afraid to go in for a tackle. He is probably the best english passer and is starting to add goals to his game. He definitely needs to work on his defensive discipline, but that will come with time.

jesalr

See, this is why I hate WhoScored ratings. Sandro has still been one of our best players, he's just been injury prone.

I think that the offside decision itself brought up their credibility even more. If it wasn't corruption, then it was utter incompetence. I can't recall anyone ever being given offside from that far on. The linesman should be punished as well.

Oh, for sure. It was a shocking refereeing decision, but it's something that you just can't say. No FA/PL appointed official should ever be questioned, sadly.

I don't think we were every actually in for him. It sounds like it was mainly shitty journalism. I have no doubt we scouted him.

Wenger had praised him a few times in public and I think scouts where sent a few years back. Although luckily the interest died down last summer.

This is wrong. That's always sorta been the thing people hype up about him. He is great going forward and isn't afraid to go in for a tackle. He is probably the best english passer and is starting to add goals to his game. He definitely needs to work on his defensive discipline, but that will come with time.

Those people are idiots then imo

Tackling, scoring, assists, set piece ability, strength, interceptions*

I think Wilshere needs a lot of improvement in all of those areas to be regarded as complete. World class passer, very good dribbler, very intelligent mover, and very good decision making. That makes him a good, potentially great midfielder, not a complete one imo

*Obviously he can only improve his strength so much, and set pieces are a bonus.

dc89

Holy shit :lol - I was so close to surpassing myself then.

I had a thread ready to go, sources in and text all copied and stuff, I was a moment away from clicking the button. And for some reason, I went back to the article in question to check it's sources. And the source was NeoGAF...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom