• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

I have a feeling they're going to get our Nemanja for free in the summer.
Would be a strange buy. He's 32 and his injuries robbed him of any pace he had. Would be a very short term solution for Barca as I doubt he has many years left. His distribution us also very poor. Doesn't seem to fit the Barca model. Imo he was the best CB in the world at his peak. But he's a lot shakier and injury prone now.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Have we signed anyone yet?

Manchester United will table a bid of €25m for Juventus man Claudio Marchisio, according to reports.

The Independent believe that David Moyes’ men will try to cure their midfield woes by offering for the Italy international.

The Premier League side have struggled this season under the new manager, with many calling for an overhaul of the squad.

The middle of the park is one area of the pitch that the Old Trafford have asked to be improved, and the paper insists that they will do so by going in for the Bianconeri man.

It is claimed that United are willing to offer £20m for Marchisio, however, it is unclear whether the Old Lady would sell for that amount.

tumblr_my7ym8BHHR1s8z5rho1_250.gif

Superman

Would be a strange buy. He's 32 and his injuries robbed him of any pace he had. Would be a very short term solution for Barca as I doubt he has many years left. His distribution us also very poor. Doesn't seem to fit the Barca model. Imo he was the best CB in the world at his peak. But he's a lot shakier and o jury prone now.

I totally agree in every way. I really think he'll leave us though... Whether it's Barca or not, who knows. Could still surprise and sign a new contract, but 6 months and counting... Doesn't look good.

Clegg

We've been linked with Marchisio for the last 3 or 4 transfer windows. Nothing ever materialises so you'd have to imagine nothing will again. I think he'll be a lifer at Juve.

noal

Banned
I'm hoping Nintendo can get a deal with Sega and Platinum Games and get a port of the first one before the second one arrives.

Me too. I didn't have a PS3 or Xbox so no way to play it unfortunately but after Lego City is finished it's either Pikmin 3 or W101 to start properly next so I've got my Platinum fix for now.

Clegg

I totally agree in every way. I really think he'll leave us though... Whether it's Barca or not, who knows. Could still surprise and sign a new contract, but 6 months and counting... Doesn't look good.
He's not as good as he once was and probably isnt even our best defender anymore. But his influence on the team is still massive. With Evra and Rio most likely leaving in summer we'll have lost two of the back four who were the bedrock of our most successful side ever. Losing Vidic at the same time would really require a massive overhaul of the team to compensate. Rio and Evra are probably replaceable as they're not playing at a particularly high level anymore. Vidic would be more difficult.

Superman

He's not as good as he once was and probably isnt even our best defender anymore. But his influence on the team is still massive. With Evra and Rio most likely leaving in summer we'll have lost two of the back four who were the bedrock of our most successful side ever. Losing Vidic at the same time would really require a massive overhaul of the team to compensate.

Again, agree with everything. If I had the choice to keep one of them three, Vidic all day long. Even for the influence alone. Can't wait 'til Jones is back & playing in his preferred position too. He has been missed greatly.

HGH is wearing off Dan.

Again, agree with everything. If I had the choice to keep one of them three, Vidic all day long. Even for the influence alone. Can't wait 'til Jones is back & playing in his preferred position too. He has been missed greatly.
You know: I simply can't believe the username Superman was still available until August of 2013.

Scum

He's not as good as he once was and probably isnt even our best defender anymore. But his influence on the team is still massive. With Evra and Rio most likely leaving in summer we'll have lost two of the back four who were the bedrock of our most successful side ever. Losing Vidic at the same time would really require a massive overhaul of the team to compensate. Rio and Evra are probably replaceable as they're not playing at a particularly high level anymore. Vidic would be more difficult.

Fabio -- Jones -- Evans -- Rafael

Sell Evra. Retire Rio. Keep Vidic. Shop around for a new young CB.

Walshy

If United don't make top four and crash out of both cups I can see players leaving.

All of the old guard will start jumping jumping ship or retiring: Evra, Vidic, Giggs, Ferdinand.

A lot of the fringe players will probably be sold too: Buttner, Fabio, Anderson and maybe one or two out of Nani, Valencia and Young.

It's a major rebuilding job. Moyes certainly has a huge task ahead of him, that's even without Rooney probably wanting out in the summer.

Superman

If United don't make top four and crash out of both cups I can see players leaving.

All of the old guard will start jumping jumping ship or retiring: Evra, Vidic, Giggs, Ferdinand.

A lot of the fringe players will probably be sold too: Buttner, Fabio, Anderson and maybe one or two out of Nani, Valencia and Young.

It's a major rebuilding job. Moyes certainly has a huge task ahead of him, that's even without Rooney probably wanting out in the summer.

This is why we need to recruit some talent in January... A massive overhaul all at once can only end in disaster in my eyes.

Messi

BdklHLCCEAEmdP4.jpg:large

He's either shrunk, or wearing a larger size shorts.

Messi always wears shorts and jerseys that are two times two big for him.

Jersey talk? Jersey talk!

First the nice ones:

Brazil 3rd kit (they are not allowed to use it as per the rules of the brazil fed, only allowed have yellow and green home kit and blue/white away kit) Will still be limited in stores and I will hunt it down.
BRAZ31.jpg

Spain away, the green is much more luminious than this.
LIKESP2.jpg

the bad:

Italy, WTF. the confed kit is lovely. This is overdesigned and built with the concept of lets throw fucking everything at it.
2ITA1.jpg

dc89

when you die, you lose twenty one grams of weight.

HGH is wearing off Dan.

You know: I simply can't believe the username Superman was still available until August of 2013.

Messi always wears shorts and jerseys that are two times two big for him.

Jersey talk? Jersey talk!

First the nice ones:

Brazil 3rd kit (they are not allowed to use it as per the rules of the brazil fed, only allowed have yellow and green home kit and blue/white away kit) Will still be limited in stores and I will hunt it down.
http://i312.photobucket.com/albums/ll349/Todosobrecamisetas/Selecciones%202013/BRAZ31.jpg[/IMG

Spain away, the green is much more luminious than this.
[IMG]http://i312.photobucket.com/albums/ll349/Todosobrecamisetas/Selecciones%202013/LIKESP2.jpg[/IMG

the bad:

Italy, WTF. the confed kit is lovely. This is overdesigned and built with the concept of lets throw fucking everything at it.
[IMG]http://i312.photobucket.com/albums/ll349/Todosobrecamisetas/Selecciones%202013/2ITA1.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]

Who do I believe?!

the bad:

2ITA1.jpg

Can't wait for Puma to paint it yellow and make the collar strip, the italy flag on the sleeves and the side stripes black and call it BVB's 2014/15 shirt.

;(

Messi

Can't wait for Puma to paint it yellow and make the collar strip, the italy flag on the sleeves and the side stripes black and call it BVB's 2014/15 shirt.

;(

I would laugh but there is a 90% chance of it actually happening.

SPOILER: It is also Arsenals new kit, except theirs is red and says gunners on it somewhere and has gold league patches.

Plasma

Banned
Latest player we're being linked to is Giovinco, don't really think he'd be able to play in Giroud's spot up front and hold up the ball.

Messi

Latest player we're being linked to is Giovinco, don't really think he'd be able to play in Giroud's spot up front and hold up the ball.

He would be a great player to use in fifa after 70 mins. These are the important things.

Yurt knows...

Barzul

Arsenal being linked with Giovinco. I won't lie all I know about him is he plays for Juve and is fast on Fifa. Yurt pls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom