• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The Italian Cleverley

iK2uwMDXO28Pw.gif

Bale money for Pogba seems about right.

But what are we going to do with all this money?

Cuadrado and...? *blank*

Scum

Uli Hoeness said (regarding cheap season ticket prices):
Puts it in perspective really. Get it together, Arsenal.

I read about those ticket prices thing this morning. Bayern reimbursing the cost of the tickets for the CL game. They're letting everyone pay just £37, I believe.

So long Stephen Ireland! We wont miss you or your £55k per week wage.

£55,000 a week?! Wow!

Manchester United have opened negotiations for Garay according to @dimarzio

People keep telling me di Marzio is reliable but every time he says something about Zenit it turns out to be rubbish. Just today he's saying that we're trying to buy Rodrigo from Benfica. Likely bullshit.

L1NETT

German football really is the fucking best in some regards. PL needs to have a think about what kind of fans support their football clubs. And why atmospheres at many big clubs are fucking dreadful. Also why some big clubs can't fill their ground and where the football club stands in the local community.

--

Stephen ireland is (was) on 15 grand more than Oscar

Football!

Sometimes I wish we had Verrattrayor so we can call Juve up for a player swap. We'll meet up at some warehouse by the sea with boats ready to take off back to Italy/England. We'll have Fergie and Cunte with their crews behind them have a stand off. Naturally Moyes would be behind Fergie. Woodward and Marotta will each have suitcases and check if Pogtrayor and Verratti are inside their somehow.

Let's do it. Let's do the swap.

Clegg

Is Martinez really going to sign Mc Geady? Would be a poor deal to make. He's pretty shit and will infuriate the fans to breaking point.

Hope they sign him.

GorillaJu

Is Martinez really going to sign Mc Geady? Would be a poor deal to make. He's pretty shit and will infuriate the fans to breaking point.

Hope they sign him.

I imagine who he really wants is Callum McManaman, but Wigan probably are asking 10+ for that player.

pulga

Banned
looool what happened to flippedb?

There's only one leg. Roma - Juve *should* be played at the Olimpico, but there's a catch. If Lazio win over Parma and Napoli lose to Atalanta, Lazio get to play their QF at the Olimpico and Roma will be forced to play in Torino. As per the Coppa Italia regolamento. Small chance, but it could happen.

if there ever was a time to cheer for Napoli for me

Uhm, I'm reading more about it, turns out it might be bullshit. Or not. Who knows. I'm sure it will be played at the Olimpico. They'll find a way.

It's a lost cause anyway. Conte already said that he'll field players that don't get to play that much in Serie A, which means an XI with Padoin, Peluso, Giovinco, etc. is likely, while Roma will play with their best XI. Man, La Decima. Harder than winning CL.

no cunte pls no ill pay good money anything but giovinco

pulga

Banned
WOW it's a perma for flippedb

for this:

No. Women are fucking crazy, she might be crying for fucking nothing. I wouldn't care, unless she showed signs of physical violence, then I'd probably call the police.

his ban message read something about GAF not being an outlet for his "childish" and "bigoted" views on women, fat people, trans people, etc

are you fucking kidding me mods

wes

mumei

kabo

pls this is ludicrous

how in the bloody fuck is that a permaban

EDIT: oh I see a certain female gafcelebrity is in the thread. carry on then, this probably goes higher up the foodchain

Clegg

Seems like a pretty straightforward ban to me. The question was what would you do if you saw a women crying. Flip replies that he'd do nothing because women are crazy. That's a pretty dim view towards women; something which the board isn't. very tolerant of. He should've known better than to post something so foolish.

pulga

Banned
Seems like a pretty straightforward ban to me. The question was what would you do if you saw a women crying. Flip replies that he'd do nothing because women are crazy. That's a pretty dim view towards women; something which the board isn't. very tolerant of. He should've known better than to post something so foolish.

ban worthy? maybe, sure depends on the mod

but a fucking perma? and the mod/admin brings in fat people, trans people just for the hell of it when theyre not part of the discussion?

his later replies clarified what he meant though, something something about hormones and I do see his point, he even contextualized it into how his society evades doing stuff like that because of any danger it might pose (he's from the same region as I am, and I totally get it, you never know when you might get mugged, stabbed, etc etc)

Salazar

Any regular watcher of football must be profoundly acquainted with ways in which men are peculiarly fucking mental, anyhow.

Not really a great comparison. BM are the most dominant force in Germany with no big rivals. PL has mega rich owners who pump in tons of money.

If Arsenal want to compete they need to explore all revenue means.

And as i have said before, modern day football for better or worse is not a community centre. Clubs have fans all over the world and Arsenal are a club in one of the richest and most expensive cities in the world.

It is not a god given right to be able to watch football and if you can't afford a season ticket then fine pick your games and go once you have saved up money and can afford it.

Also, if season tickets were cheaper at Arsenal fans would still have to pay hundreds to build up enough games they have gone to and move up the season ticket order pecking order.

Arsenal charge what they can because of supply and demand. Thus the prices are reasonable.

Also, those who think Arsenal owe something to the local community forget that the club has added value to their properties and that the area pulls in tons on match days and just look at N4 house prices.
It aint fucking Tottenham

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Oh man not flippedb too :(

Okay guys, before you post anything outside this thread, PM it to Wes first for review/approval. :p

pulga

Banned
Oh man not flippedb too :(

Okay guys, before you post anything outside this thread, PM it to Wes first for review/approval. :p

for real, the outside world is stupid dangerous nowadays

id probably get banned for saying "stupid" in OT

some PC cunt will start blabbing on about how im insulting the mentally challenged or something such

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
for real, the outside world is stupid dangerous nowadays

id probably get banned for saying "stupid" in OT

some PC cunt will start blabbing on about how im insulting the mentally challenged or something such
Pulg please shut up

One is enough for the day

I am not known for my apathy , but I would stop and make sure any woman or man I see crying is ok.

Especially women.
There might be sex in for me down the road :D

Scum

Yurt, what's this about Veratti and Pogba? Is he on his way to Juve as well? y juve stael all centreal midfields? :<

Clegg

Quite disappointed by the lack of transfers so far.

And worried by the probable lack of United transfers this January. Moyes get the finger out.

GorillaJu

A lot of continental European posters have trouble with the ultra-PC nature of Gaf I've noticed.

I imagine he's espoused some poor views in the past regarding transgendered or fat people, because otherwise that's pretty fucked bringing in a personal agenda and banning someone over a phrase that's repeated on Gaf in different terms as nauseam.

GorillaJu

Sounds like Basel are just asking too much for Salah and we'll be waiting till Summer to try and push through a deal. Makes sense that we go for the player first to try and get their support and convince them they only want to come to Liverpool to help the fee negotiations but it's entirely possible someone comes in over us and turns his head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom