• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barzul

The thing is Draxler is much better than Santi, Podolski or any of our midfielders with the exception of Özil. His price is only going to go up and he's the player who closest reminds me to Eden Hazard. So if there's a chance we can get him we really have to take it.

I would much rather us spend £40m on Draxler than waste it on Costa who I think is ridiculously overrated.

I'm starting to share your sentiment on Costa. He has to do a lot more to show me he's worth 15m more than Giroud. His world cup performance will be telling. No one should get this wrong, I'm not underestimating his talent, he just needs to do a bit more to be at the Lewandowski/Suarez level.

Meier

My favorites are Thom Haye (Dutch U19) and Mario Pugliese (Atalanta U21)

Chelsea got Pugliese in my game for $4.7m in the summer of 2015.. saw him last season (2015-2016) and was disappointed I'd never get him at this point. Thom Haye isn't in my save apparently. Curro is very young to start so you could add him many years down the line and still get an insanely good player with lots of his career left.

Meier

Curro in 2016-2017 at age 20.

jJdN8Ri0e4Cs4.png

Is that 40m price tag real?
Bloody hell, we might have another Spurs-inflated price tag over here...

That's his release clause and they have no reason to sell him.. so yeah, that's his price tag. Just like Griezmann's is 30m even if Arsenal bid an insultingly low 15m.

faridmon

That's his release clause and they have no reason to sell him.. so yeah, that's his price tag. Just like Griezmann's is 30m even if Arsenal bid an insultingly low 15m.

Bloody Hell. 40m is a huge risk for an unproven youngster. Is he better player than Erikson?

Lightning

Banned
Real.

"Costa is overrated."

"Draxler is better than Cazorla, Ozil, etc"

It's like the verbal diarrhea Olympics in here.
I feel Costa is overrated.

I directly said Draxler wasn't better than Özil but feel he is better than Cazorla. Where did someone say Draxler was better than Özil?

And while €40m is expensive for him his potential makes that a worthwhile investment for whoever takes it up. Exceptional player who can only get better and in this market you will need to overpay. Bargains can take you a certain distance but they won't push you over the line.

wedward

I feel Costa is overrated.

I directly said Draxler wasn't better than Özil but feel he is better than Cazorla. Where did someone say Draxler was better than Özil?

And while €40m is expensive for him his potential makes that a worthwhile investment for whoever takes it up. Exceptional player who can only get better and in this market you will need to overpay. Bargains can take you a certain distance but they won't push you over the line.

I'd rather pay 40 for Draxler than pay 40 for Costa.

jtb

Banned
I'd rather pay 40m for Costa than Draxler. We need a striker more than attacking midfielders, quality strikers are rarer than quality attacking midfielders. Either way, overpaying for long-term solutions like Draxler or Costa is exactly what Wenger needs to do to get this squad to the next level for a long time.

edit: also I really wish we had done some kind of Dzeko-RVP swap a couple years ago. it's too bad City will never sell him to another PL club, I still rate him. definitely a better striker than Giroud, imo

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I haven't seen my Romanista co-worker in over a week

Should I contact the authorities?

And is it ok if I banter him to death on his death bed?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'll send five PS4s to random posters on this thread if he keeps his promise.
Mazzarri "It's becoming a joke now. You too saw the incidents today, so nobody can say 'Mazzarri complains about referees.' I don't want to talk about it anymore for the rest of the season."

Edit: Wooden, Arnie, Wilbs and Richie included.

I'm sorry FF but NZ is too far. Australia is fine though.

Benfica play Porto today, right? If Rodrigo isn't in the squad it would lead credence to the rumour that we're close to buying him.

rumour is that he won't.

also, we're brilliant. got Matic for free when we sold Luis to Chelsea, now we're selling him back to Chelsea for 30€ mil.

Rad-

Apparently we tried to buy Daehli back but he chose Ole.

Also some sources say we are going to loan out Nani. Wtf why?

lol
Matic has an agreement with Chelsea. He's refusing to play today with Benfica to put pressure.

Benfica's president not that kind of guy easy to be blackmailed. Matic risks 6 months without playing. #CFC

twitter.com/_GoncaloLopes/status/422277859450032128
twitter.com/_GoncaloLopes/status/422282865284759552

In Russia there is a term for this, it's called "Balkan professionalism". That's what you get Benfica for hiring so many serbs! Stick to your South American mercenaries.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I assume that means sell him to someone bright enough* not to be prepared to take an irreversible punt on him.

*Yurt, be honest. Does this sound like Juve ?

But isn't he out for quite a while according to Moyes? Fuck, let's do it. I'll take a crippled Nani over Menez. GiveItToMeNow.gif

TeddyBoy

some shit paper reporting we're after yarmalenko again

liverGAF, what are your thoughts?

He's a good player but his asking price was too high. I don't see us going back in for him unless that changes some how. So a recycled story for me.

Too busy with M'vila, apparently

I think that's just his agent, M'vila has too many off the field issues to think about. It would be best to avoid him, even if he's an improvement on lucas.

sohois

He's a good player but his asking price was too high. I don't see us going back in for him unless that changes some how. So a recycled story for me.

I think that's just his agent, M'vila has too many off the field issues to think about. It would be best to avoid him, even if he's an improvement on lucas.

You don't hear much of it around Liverpool since Comolli's departure, but it's very much a moneyball signing. Sign talented players who maybe have psychological issues that have held them back as it's easier to sort out a player's off field issues than to train up a mediocre player who has no issues. Liverpool have one of the world's foremost sports psychologists on staff, I'm sure they would be more than willing to take the risk.

Yarmolenko, though, I largely agree, expect it may have been put out by the club themselves as a signal to Basel.

TeddyBoy

You don't hear much of it around Liverpool since Comolli's departure, but it's very much a moneyball signing. Sign talented players who maybe have psychological issues that have held them back as it's easier to sort out a player's off field issues than to train up a mediocre player who has no issues. Liverpool have one of the world's foremost sports psychologists on staff, I'm sure they would be more than willing to take the risk.

Yarmolenko, though, I largely agree, expect it may have been put out by the club themselves as a signal to Basel.

I suppose he could be worth the risk at the right price, but he did only move last year so I'm pretty sure Rubin Kazan will want at least what they paid for him.

@tri_willy: I was under the impression his asking price was around €35m, £15m is a price Liverpool could be interested at.

Manager

lol

twitter.com/_GoncaloLopes/status/422277859450032128
twitter.com/_GoncaloLopes/status/422282865284759552

In Russia there is a term for this, it's called "Balkan professionalism". That's what you get Benfica for hiring so many serbs! Stick to your South American mercenaries.

btw you skipped this:
Goncalo Lopes ‏@_GoncaloLopes 2m
Benfica refused the first offer, 35m€. #CFC

A lot of money. He's quoting this I believe:
1545588_720164131336055_11807297_n.jpg

Portuguese newspaper O Jogo reports on Sunday that Chelsea are closing in on a mega deal in the January transfer window: The signing of former midfielder Nemanja Matic.
The 25-year-old Serbian has emerged as one of the top midfielders in world football over the past couple of seasons but Chelsea will likely be ruing the fact they let Matic go in 2011 as part of the swap deal that saw David Luiz arrive at Stamford Bridge.
According to O Jogo, Matic has agreed personal terms with Chelsea and is now putting pressure on Benfica to let him leave.
Benfica have rejected a bid of 35 million euros from Chelsea but the close relations between the two clubs seems to suggest a deal will be done in the coming days.
Matic has put pressure on Benfica by reportedly refusing to play for Benfica in the mouth watering clash in Portugal today against Porto.
Chelsea though expect Matic to arrive in London to complete the deal tomorrow.
And it would be a big signing for Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho, who would add steel and muscle, as well as technical quality to the Blues central midfield.

Salazar

I'd love to be a fly on the wall for Raheem's "Don't Hit Women, alright lad ?" aversion therapy.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Sign talented players who maybe have psychological issues that have held them back as it's easier to sort out a player's off field issues than to train up a mediocre player who has no issues. Liverpool have one of the world's foremost sports psychologists on staff, I'm sure they would be more than willing to take the risk..

CAN YOU FIX HIM FOR US?

Cassano-funny.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom