• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if Januzaj will declare for a NT now. He's made the step up to the first team and is pretty much a regular now.

Got a chance to go to a World Cup in Brazil.

noal

Banned
My god at those stats. My takeaway from this image is that they haven't updated the player faces of regens in a long fucking time. :lol

Ha, yeah. I should really download a face pack or something but I'm so used to my American striker and his lovely curly mane that I just can't do it to him!

Joe

v6mAvPM.jpg

BD84LG0.gif

I feel Costa is overrated.

I directly said Draxler wasn't better than Özil but feel he is better than Cazorla. Where did someone say Draxler was better than Özil?

And while €40m is expensive for him his potential makes that a worthwhile investment for whoever takes it up. Exceptional player who can only get better and in this market you will need to overpay. Bargains can take you a certain distance but they won't push you over the line.

What? One breakout season doesn't make him better than Cazorla, and he's not played at the level Ramsey has this season. He has also had a whinge about being shunted back to the left-wing to accommodate KPB - it's not his best position and he doesn't want to play there. Cazorla was already top class before he came, and was one of the PL's best performers in his debut season.

Draxler is all potential right now, but that doesn't matter as he'll have bigger name suitors by the time Schalke are ready to sell. Reminds me of Ribery way back when, and of course Suarez recently. Never really understood why some Gooners can't just let them go. Draxler will not be an Arsenal player.

And how is Diego Costa overrated? (Genuine question, what does he lack?) Is anyone calling him the best striker in the world? Or is he rightly being praised for keeping up with Ronaldo in the Pichichi with much less creativity behind him?

He's not as good as Cavani or Balotelli (at his best), but is still an excellent, well-rounded, all action striker who can create for himself as well as others. Anyone who thinks Costa isn't worth £30m is completely out of touch with today's market. We could get £15-20m for Giroud and he is a horrible finisher with no pace.

What? One breakout season doesn't make him better than Cazorla, and he's not played at the level Ramsey has this season. He has also had a whinge about being shunted back to the left-wing to accommodate KPB - it's not his best position and he doesn't want to play there. Cazorla was already top class before he came, and was one of the PL's best performers in his debut season.

Draxler is all potential right now, but that doesn't matter as he'll have bigger name suitors by the time Schalke are ready to sell. Reminds me of Ribery way back when, and of course Suarez recently. Never really understood why some Gooners can't just let them go. Draxler will not be an Arsenal player.

And how is Diego Costa overrated? (Genuine question, what does he lack?) Is anyone calling him the best striker in the world? Or is he rightly being praised for keeping up with Ronaldo in the Pichichi with much less creativity behind him?

He's not as good as Cavani or Balotelli (at his best), but is still an excellent, well-rounded, all action striker who can create for himself as well as others. Anyone who thinks Costa isn't worth £30m is completely out of touch with today's market. We could get £15-20m for Giroud and he is a horrible finisher with no pace.

I'd be geuinely interested to know why you include Balotelli in there. Sporadic patches of form surrounded by abject shite as far as I can tell.

Soooo

Villas-Boas....

Fraud or Legit?

Blank slate. Great things at Porto, bad things at Chelsea, decent things at Spurs ruined by a combination of his own ego and Baldini's incompetence.

Elchele

His great form could be directly related to Simeone's tactics. He was average in all his previous seasons, it could be a one season wonder too. I wouldn't risk putting so much money for his release clause and then get a flop

His great form could be directly related to Simeone's tactics. He was average in all his previous seasons, it could be a one season wonder too. I wouldn't risk putting so much money for his release clause and then get a flop

He was very good as an inside forward last season, and has been worldclass so far this season. 18 months is enough imo, some players are just late bloomers.

edit: Anyone else staying away from MGSV:GZ until they know how substantial it is? Fuck spending £30 on a game which could easily end up being 2 hours long

He was very good as an inside forward last season, and has been worldclass so far this season. 18 months is enough imo, some players are just late bloomers.

edit: Anyone else staying away from MGSV:GZ until they know how substantial it is? Fuck spending £30 on a game which could easily end up being 2 hours long

I'm staying away until I know how good it is. The most recent gameplay videos suggest it is not.

GorillaJu

Not average in a million years. His impact in previous seasons was miniscule because he hadn't nailed down a spot in the team. Injuries and sales to important players gave him a run in the team and he's been on fire ever since. He worked his ass off to get a place in Atletico and its because he worked so hard to finally get his chance that he turned down the opportunity to leave this summer, despite his release clause being met.

You don't score 19 goals half-way through the season if you're just an average player on form, and it's not as if he's got an embarrassment of riches in terms of the service he gets, in the same way Gomez did at Bayern.

He has a top-rate work ethic and desire. He's clinical not only in the box but bangs them in from outside, he can defend from the front, he can pass, and he scores all kinds of goals. He's an animal, not unlike Suarez and Tevez. And he can play anywhere across the front three, though obviously he'll score fewer goals if he's on the wings. His technique, work rate and fitness level make him a threat from anywhere in the opponent's half.

"Overrated" is not the word you use to describe a player like him. He has earned his plaudits. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Manchester United make a legitimate attempt at signing him. He fits the archetype perfectly for an Alex Ferguson striker, though I guess with him gone the ethos may have changed.

Wonder if Januzaj will declare for a NT now. He's made the step up to the first team and is pretty much a regular now.

Got a chance to go to a World Cup in Brazil.

Wilmots burnt the bridge with little Godnan's dad. Said in a TV interview he would never accept haggling/blackmailing from the likes of Adnan or Bakkali, kids who can pick between multiple nationalities. If they want to play for Belgium NT, they have to say that they want to and prove themselves on the pitch. That sparked the ire of Januzaj's father.

If he picked Belgium, he'd probably steal De Bruyne's spot on the bench at the WC.

Walshy

Not average in a million years. His impact in previous seasons was miniscule because he hadn't nailed down a spot in the team. Injuries and sales to important players gave him a run in the team and he's been on fire ever since. He worked his ass off to get a place in Atletico and its because he worked so hard to finally get his chance that he turned down the opportunity to leave this summer, despite his release clause being met.

You don't score 19 goals half-way through the season if you're just an average player on form, and it's not as if he's got an embarrassment of riches in terms of the service he gets, in the same way Gomez did at Bayern.

He has a top-rate work ethic and desire. He's clinical not only in the box but bangs them in from outside, he can defend from the front, he can pass, and he scores all kinds of goals. He's an animal, not unlike Suarez and Tevez. And he can play anywhere across the front three, though obviously he'll score fewer goals if he's on the wings. His technique, work rate and fitness level make him a threat from anywhere in the opponent's half.

"Overrated" is not the word you use to describe a player like him. He has earned his plaudits. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Manchester United make a legitimate attempt at signing him. He fits the archetype perfectly for an Alex Ferguson striker, though I guess with him gone the ethos may have changed.
Great post and very well-written.

Costa deserves his plaudits, he is one of the top ten forwards in the world at the moment.

Wait what. Chelsea bought Matic for £1m a few years ago?

Lol.

What a tragic club.
Yep.

I don't understand why Matic would want to go back there anyhow.

GorillaJu

On 18 August 2009, Matić signed for Chelsea from MFK Košice for a fee of around £1.5 million in a four-year contract.

On 31 January 2011, Matić was transferred to Portuguese club Benfica along with €25 million (£21M) in a swap deal for Brazilian centre back David Luiz.[5]

Now they're paying 21m for Matic.

faridmon

Its coming with with Phantom Pain anyway, so why spend two prices on one game? You might as well wait for the whole thing to get released.

But Neogafs are filled with bunch of idiots who rather stay away from Mario 3D World because they are too cool for it and bend over whatever Kojima-sama thrust towards them

adnan's dad comes of as a prejudiced, belligerent nonce, though. wouldn't trust his word a damn.

Reminding me a bit of Paul Ince. Destructively influential presence for his son.

@farid, tbf most people are staying away from 3D World because you have to spend £150+ on a moribund console to play it.

Clegg

Now that you've mentioned it, I'm surprised that Tom Ince still isn't playing for a Premier League team. He should sack his dad.

faridmon

The_Hitcher said:
@farid, tbf most people are staying away from 3D World because you have to spend £150+ on a moribund console to play it.

Yet, Vita creates at least 10 threads a day since we have to be reminded how great it is.. Hypocrisy as its finest!

GorillaJu

Now that you've mentioned it, I'm surprised that Tom Ince still isn't playing for a Premier League team. He should sack his dad.

He will soon, won't he? I think Swansea is going to be signing him this window, and it's not been for lack of offers that he hasn't gone yet, I think he's just kept his head down because he's got plenty of time in front of him and was comfortable with his growth in the Championship.

Though it's definitely time to make the step up for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom