• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet, Vita creates at least 10 threads a day since we have to be reminded how great it is.. Hypocrisy as its finest!

Vita's a nice system with no games and some use outside of its main one

WiiU is an outdated pile of shite with a rubbish gimmick and no games

BH7xvrpCcAAKBNj.jpg:large

Both are deservedly dead

adnan's dad comes of as a prejudiced, belligerent nonce, though. wouldn't trust his word a damn.

He sure does. He wants his kid to play for Kosovo even though it's not recognized yet by FIFA. Think Adnan will end up picking Belgium though if he skips this WC and wait 2-3 more years, I can see him picking England, especially if he's settled down at United.

faridmon

@ Hitcher: Nice hardware with no games? Is that supposed to be a compliment? If I buy a gaming device, I fully expect it to play some games.
And the Wii U have more universally loved games than the Vita. People are just having cognitive Dissonance about it whilst doing a poor job at hiding it.

On another note, I haven't slept for about 20 hours since I keep watching some shitty JDramas ... and god they are shitty>

Somebody help me :(

We had (at least) three threads on how FIFA for Vita is the same game as last year. Three. The mass of Vita threads has gotten pretty damn annoying. And they always show up in the "What should I buy?" threads and pretend it has the greatest line-up of all time.

Its line-up is shit. Sorry. At least Wii U has great exclusives, Vita has...Tearaway and "I can't believe it's not Monster Hunter"? Wii U may be shit hardware and have a shit OS, but it deserves more love than it gets.

I have seen more LTTP threads for Vitas than any game or system on this forum and all of them praise it for being the next best thing since sliced bread.
Yes, it does have shitty line-up. If I wanted a shiny new hardware, i'll get some Ipad or some shit like that. At least the Wii plays some damn great games, however few they are.

Infamous' gaming mechanics look boring. it is getting undeserved hype on GAF, but then again there isn't another AAA title on the horizon. Except Driveclub - which looks fun as fuck

I'd be geuinely interested to know why you include Balotelli in there. Sporadic patches of form surrounded by abject shite as far as I can tell.

He's just so talented. Athletic and physical gifts are pretty evident, but he's as capable of moments of brilliance as striker aside from Ibra.

I include him because, unlike other wasted talents, Balotelli is actually really close to where he needs to be, and is still young enough (22/23) to get there. It's just hard to tell what he needs (as far as man-management goes).

I'd be interested to see how he'd do under a Simeone or a Klopp
or a Wenger, lol
. He always looks hungry when he plays for Prandelli.

His great form could be directly related to Simeone's tactics. He was average in all his previous seasons, it could be a one season wonder too. I wouldn't risk putting so much money for his release clause and then get a flop

He was Falcao's understudy and played RW alot, but still got 15 goals and 10 assists. Not really average.

I don't really see how one can just assume he could be a one season wonder either, his all round game looks strong. It's not like he's only scoring tap-ins a penalties. He's working the channels, holding the ball up well, taking on and getting in-behind defenders, etc etc. He doesn't have that Suarez/Aguero magic, but he's on another level to what we've got, certainly.

Blablurn

@ Hitcher: Nice hardware with no games? Is that supposed to be a compliment? If I buy a gaming device, I fully expect it to play some games.
And the Wii U have more universally loved games than the Vita. People are just having cognitive Dissonance about it whilst doing a poor job at hiding it.

On another note, I haven't slept for about 20 hours since I keep watching some shitty JDramas ... and god they are shitty>

Somebody help me :(

I have seen more LTTP threads for Vitas than any game or system on this forum and all of them praise it for being the next best thing since sliced bread.
Yes, it does have shitty line-up. If I wanted a shiny new hardware, i'll get some Ipad or some shit like that. At least the Wii plays some damn great games, however few they are.

Ever watched Liar Game? That's a good one.

faridmon

People are trying to convince themselves they didn't throw away $200, probably a reason every Vita exclusive gets hyped into heaven.

I might get one for $99, but given its line-up the device is just horribly priced. I'm exaggerating quite a bit, but the whole "OMG, I love Vita" shit has gotten pretty damn annoying.

Yeah, I might get one down the line.... mostly to play PSP games.

I've already said both are a pile of shite. You can see why people appreciate the tech and design behind the Vita though. It shouldn't exist imo, since Sony clearly had no plans for building a library. The WiiU is just a bad idea from the ground up.

There is a clear pro-Sony bias on gaming side though, I'm not denying that

Infamous' gaming mechanics look boring. it is getting undeserved hype on GAF, but then again there isn't another AAA title on the horizon. Except Driveclub - which looks fun as fuck

Infamous is and will be fucking awesome imo. DriveClub will be mediocre as a result of its genre. 1 sim-racer per console is already bordering on saturation somehow, there's just not enough to differentiate the franchises and keep it fresh imo. Maybe its online infrastructure will be genuinely revolutionary, would be a pleasant surprise though.

faridmon

Then watch some good show instead. Watch Banshee.

But they aren't Japanese :(

I honestly don't know why I am attached to watching them, must be addiction of type ''mentally suicidal'' or something

On the plus side, during those 20 hours, I have watched couple of Eps of Elementary, god Lucy Liu is so hot!

GorillaJu

Yep, Infamous 1 and 2 never really impressed me until I got my hands on them, but playing them, they're really fun games. I don't think Second Son is going to be the holy grail/second coming but it'll be a good solid game with plenty of stuff to do until the fall blockbusters come out.

Walshy

Liverpool-GAF.

Fabrizio Romano (is he reliable?) is saying that Liverpool and Napoli are both meeting Rubin Kazan to have talks about signing M'Villa on a pernament deal next week.

Raphael Honigstein ‏@honigstein 4m

Re Gündogan to Man Utd: Dortmund will not sell in January. If he doesn't renew his contract, Real Madrid most likely destination

Buh. I wonder what RM will do with all those CMs? Can they afford that many benches?

GorillaJu

Liverpool-GAF.

Fabrizio Romano (is he reliable?) is saying that Liverpool and Napoli are both meeting Rubin Kazan to have talks about signing M'Villa on a pernament deal next week.

No idea if he's reliable but I'd be cautiously optimistic about signing him. He's a good player, maybe just needs the right network around him to succeed.

Hixx

Vita is miles better than the Wii U.

Tearaway, LittleBigPlanet, Gravity Rush, Uncharted GA are all good games. That is ∞% more than the Wii U has.

Liverpool-GAF.

Fabrizo Romano (is he reliable?) is saying that Liverpool and Napoli are both meeting Rubin Kazan to have talks about signing M'Villa on a pernament deal next week.

I've said it before, but I'm very, very worried about this, not least because of the effect he could have on Sakho. Its bad enough having some twat pissing about week after week, constantly bringing negative PR and making the entire staff network behind his transfer look incompetent. But if he drags Sakho down with him (I believe they're friends) it'll end up being the worst transfer since Aquilani.

I know Rodgers has a bit of a reputation (mainly created by facetious posts by the likes of myself) for redeeming players who have failed to reach their potential, but from what I've read about M'Vila, he's such a cunt he will probably be a bridge too far.

Plus, having joined Rubin in the first place when he had a myriad of better clubs after him puts a massive question mark over what exactly it is that motivates him. Well, that's a lie. There's no question, he's a money-grabbing, unprofessional knobend who's done nothing to show that he deserves a move to a club with our stature without showing that he's capable of behaving himself and playing well elswhere first.

And I know that sounds very arrogant, but it's true. I want us to look elsewhere.

Walshy

He works with Di Marzio.
That makes him pretty reliable then. Thanks :)

No idea if he's reliable but I'd be cautiously optimistic about signing him. He's a good player, maybe just needs the right network around him to succeed.
Yeah, he seems like he has off the field problems. Hopefully if we do sign him, Rodgers can help him with any issues he has.

Romano has also linked us with Fernando Reges. Would be happy with any of them two.

GorillaJu

Vita is miles better than the Wii U.

Tearaway, LittleBigPlanet, Gravity Rush, Uncharted GA are all good games. That is ∞% more than the Wii U has.

+ indies on PSN and second screen / remote play, Virtues Last Reward, other gems. Love my Vita to death, personally.

I'm not as depressed over our Manchester United season than the status of our England players.

We are so shit, and it's not like we can buy our players in the next 4 years.

RaGe_pt

Benfica vs FC Porto today at 4 pm. Can't fuckin wait. My day began terribly with personal problems, hopefully my Porto can give me some happy news today or I'm going to feel even more like shit.

Is anyone being genuine when they say they'll miss Anderson? I've noticed on on redcafe as well as here that you've been ridiculously patient for him to show more than 3 weeks of good form in a row. He's a waster.

GorillaJu

Is anyone being genuine when they say they'll miss Anderson? I've noticed on on redcafe as well as here that you've been ridiculously patient for him to show more than 3 weeks of good form in a row. He's a waster.

It's really hard to give up on a player who showed potential early on, especially when he came on a big transfer fee and/or on a big reputation. Sahin was awful but I wanted him to play well and fit in the team so fucking badly :lol

Manager

Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany (C), Demichelis, Kolarov, Nasri, Fernandinho, Yaya Toure, Silva, Negredo, Dzeko
SUBS NEWS: Pantilimon, Richards, Lescott, Clichy, Garcia, Milner, Navas

Krul; Santon, S.Taylor, Williamson, Yanga-Mbiwa; Anita, Tiote (c), Cabaye; Sissoko, Remy, Gouffran.
Elliot, Haidara, Gosling, Marveaux, Sammy Ameobi, Ben Arfa, Cisse.

He's a great character.

Obviously it's time for him to go.

But everyone loved him and he was genuinely great when he arrived.

First player I sell in Football Manager since '12.

It's really hard to give up on a player who showed potential early on, especially when he came on a big transfer fee and/or on a big reputation. Sahin was awful but I wanted him to play well and fit in the team so fucking badly :lol

Kagawa :(

I was desperate for Aquilani to succeed, because he was wonderful to watch in the 3 or so decent performances he gave us

Brittle, cowardly silk :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom