• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

If Sturridge and Welbeck keep playing well then Hodgson is going to have some problems in his selection for the World Cup. Or he could do the English thing, play them both and watch his midfield get overrun.

RaGe_pt

Jesus this is one of the worst fucking days of my life :( I don't remmember the last time I felt like this...
Anyway, tommorow is a new day...

dc89

TidyCourteousIberianmidwifetoad.gif

Marc

If Sturridge and Welbeck keep playing well then Hodgson is going to have some problems in his selection for the World Cup. Or he could do the English thing, play them both and watch his midfield get overrun.

Yeah, its going to be tough to pick between them....

errrrr

Yen

Could play Welbeck out wide.

Clegg

PS4 is very swish.

Unfortunately I only have one game atm. So until Infamous comes out it looks like I have a very expensive Netflix machine.

Walshy

Scoring 5 goals at Stoke is brilliant despite questionable defending from their side, but at last we have broken our jinx at the Britannia, where we haven't won since Stoke gained promotion from the Championship.

I was impressed with how sharp Sturridge was when he came on, we have missed having another goal scoring threat on the pitch despite Liverpool playing well. Despite Sterling's progress, I would love another match winner like Sturridge who can pop in with the goals when needed to relive some of the pressure off Suarez to score. Hopefully that can come in January (which explains the links to Salah and Yarmalenko) but if not hopefully Sterling can get a few more goals or Coutinho show the goalscoring form he produced in his first six months.

The defense again was dreadful. Skrtel was average but Toure cannot play left hand side of defense and was a bit inconsistent today, sometimes being really good and then giving Adam far too much space to make a decision. Cissokho played okay but the biggest weak link was Johnson at right-back.

Also, anyone feel Rodgers doesn't utilize his subs bench enough? I thought Sterling looked tired in the last ten minutes, could of done with bringing on Ibe or Kelly for Johsnon.

OFFICIAL line-up vs. Sassuolo (4-3-2-1): Abbiati; De Sciglio, Zapata, Bonera, Urby; Cristante, De Jong, Nocerino; Kakà, Robinho, Balotelli.

Milan's bench: Gabriel, Coppola, Mexes, Rami, Silvestre, Zaccardo, Poli, Montolivo, Saponara, Honda, Matri, Pazzini.

I wonder if Nocerino is Allegri's new fetish, until Muntari is back.

Still, happy to see Mexes and Matri benched.

Official starting lineup: Abbiati; De Sciglio, Zapata, Bonera, Urby; Cristante, De jong, Nocerino; Kaka, Robinho; Balotelli

Edit: dammnit frank :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom