• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

bud

what does a group chat in whatsapp look like? i've never chatted with more than one person at a certain time.

bale seemed injured.

TeegsD

Huge in Latin America too, SMS are basically dead. What do you guys use in USA?

Pretty much just use Facebook Messenger or Google Hangouts. That plus Snapchat and Twitter/Instagram DMs covers all angles. More ballsy people use Kik but no I know does. And then SMS every other time.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Thohir “Guarin is an excellent player and we’d like to keep him, but when there are offers from big clubs you need to take it into consideration.”

“We can’t force him to stay if his heart isn’t in the club.”

Chelsea?

Moyes?

Suen

Gotcha, everyone here just uses Facebook Messenger and Google Hangouts cause we like corporations to have all of our info.

Yowza, Arnie banned? That's surprising (not sarcastic)
That's not so bad. In Europe our elected governments prefer to have U.S hold information about us. It's very generous of them.

Ronaldo is amazing. Madrid-GAF, in case you haven't realized we aren't struggling against any team but struggling against Barca B.

pulga

Banned
what does a group chat in whatsapp look like? i've never chatted with more than one person at a certain time.

bale seemed injured.

Here's a never before seen look into FootyGAF Whatsapp.

fwczpAU.jpg

Salvas membership has been put into motion. Now we vote heheheh

John Dunbar

correct about everything
ronnie better hope he wins the ballon d'or next week because by this time next year he'll be starting on the bench for sporting cp.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Seem logical to me...not sure about that back three though. And Johnson needs to GTFO.

I hope so, would like to see Illori get a game in there too.

Sterling is almost becoming too good to drop. Though if it shores up our leaky defence and keeps SAS on the pitch, then fair enough.

I sure as hell hope not.

Mignolet

Jose Enrique
Sakho
???
Flanagan

Henderson/Lucas
Allen
Coutinho/Gerrard

Suarez
Sturridge
Sterling/Coutinho

3 For and 1 Against!

Suen

bale seemed injured.
bud, sorry to disappoint you but there are no middle aged women there.

Ronaldo is not scoring today. It's a strange thing to know that Ronaldo and Messi's fate are interwined. If one of them scores so does the other, if one of them doesn't score then so doesn't the other.

L1NETT

Wait, there actually is a vote? Sounds right scary. There isn't bush tucker trial where you have to post inappropriate pictures is there.

I would ask to join but i'm scared..

---

Hang on, ACON is starting? Mali beat Nigeria?

Huh

Clegg

On the Sturbridge/Welbeck thing I wasn't attempting to create a debate over who is the better of the two. Was just saying that they're both playing well enough for Hodgson to have justifiable reasons to pick one over the other, if it comes to that.

Suen

When Pepe is the one who scores the winning goal then you know there's something wrong in the team. No intensity in our game at all today, fuck just give the title to Atletico already. At least they show that they are playing for it and certainly deserve it.

Should've been 0-5.

Fok Carlo. Fok football.
Hold your pantys brother. Carlo will see the light.

bud23

This fake news is amazing.

Karim Benzema, TIME's Person of the Year 2014?

According to a well-placed source, Karim Benzema is leading the race to become Time magazine's Person of the Year in 2014. But while the footballer's fans are thrilled with the news, many people hold a very different opinion.

Why not Benzema for Person of the Year?

The list of nominees for Time magazine’s Person of the Year is always an eclectic mix of world leaders, pop culture icons, buzzworthy names, and human rights activists. The unexpected inclusion of the 26-year-old footballer, as a 2014 nominee has therefore sparked controversy and debate.

“What makes Benzema so important is the potential and influence now has, rather than anything he has already done,” said a panelist who preferred to remain anonymous, adding that earlier this month, the footballer have already been named ‘French Of The Year’ by some major French newspapers and even ‘Lyon Citizen Of The Year’ by the readers of a local gazette in Lyon (Karim Benzema's hometown).

Social Reactions to TIME’s Person of the Year

A representative for the footballer was not immediately available for comment, but the announcement generated immediate reaction on Twitter:

“#BenzemaPOY. Logical choice though I wouldn't have made the same one.”
— @TomMiller, 11 Jan 2014

“Great choice! Long overdue recognition for his talents. #LoveKarim”
— @BarbaraHeyboer, 11 Jan 2014

“Past recipients include Joseph Stalin and Adolf Hitler ... then why not Karim Benzema?”
— @TheClassicObserver, 11 Jan 2014

Could 2014 officially be the Year of Karim Benzema?

Still, TIME’s editors will make the final decision about who will grace the magazine’s cover as its 2014 Person of the Year.

Who do you think should be TIME’s Person of the Year for 2014?

http://en.mediamass.net/people/karim-benzema/person-of-the-year.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom