• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sacchi cumming on Berardi. Music to my ears. He rarely speaks highly of players so young.

Conte pls. 4-3-3 with the "Van Persie from Sila" on the right. It has to happen.

That is good news to hear. Sacchi is head of youth development or something these days so if he is giving praise then it is high indeed.

It was he who recommended Montour to Milan
poor Inter thought they had him hahaha

----------------------Lodygin-----------------
Ansaldi--Lombaerts--Garay--Criscito
----------------------Witsel--------------------
------------Shirokov--Ryazantsev--------
Hulk------------------------------------Danny
--------------------Rodrigo--------------------

Not bad, plenty of depth on the bench too. #BasedGazprom

---------------------Malafeev-----------------
Anyukov--Neto--Hubocan--Smolnikov
------------------Tymoshchuk----------------
------------Zyryanov--Shatov----------------
Bystrov------------------------------Arshavin
--------------------Kerzhakov------------------

ibj2X084L1Uo6t.gif

Is there any chance Berardi could get in the Italy WC squad? And who would Italy take anyway?

With Rossi dead and Osvaldo shit, Berardi might have a chance, if he keeps this up. But Serie-A gaf obviously knows better.

Yep with no Rossi and El Shaz for the next set of friendlies and Osvaldo in porm form. I reckon there is every chance Berardi could get a call up for the next set of friendlies and try and cement a place for the WC.

Prandelli believes in picking the players who are in the best form. Since November he has been in great form. Prandelli also took Borini to the Euros so there is no reason why berardi can go to the WC.

He is also clearly a special player. It is very rare for Italians under 21 to score 10 goals in Serie A. I think destro was the first to do it in a couple of decades or something and El Shaz followed it up last season.

The list of forwards who are in contention for the WC seem to be:

Balotelli: Guaranteed.
Florenzi: Should be on the plane(might be picked as a midfielder}
El Shaz: needs to get healthy and play some games.
Rossi: needs to get healthy and play some games.
Gilardino: A favourite of Prandelli and went to the confed cup.
Toni: Depends if Pran wants him and he comes out of retirement.
Totti: Depends if Pran wants him and he comes out of retirement.
Berardi: Stays in good form.
Immobile: He is scoring goals.
Destro: If he keeps scoring goals and stays in form.
Cassano: If he is in form he could be used as a SS.
Gabbiadini: Not done enough this season IMO
Borini: Dead
Giovinco: Dead
Insigne: Should be on the plane.

I think usually it is 5 forwards for the world cup. My bet would Be Balotelli, Gilardino, Insigne, Toni(I reckon he will be picked to add something different and as an option to come off the bench) And either Destro or Berardi. With Florenzi picking picked as a midfielder.

I am sure who is ever picked for our next friendlies are the players Prandelli wants to take.

Meier

In 2015-2016, Juan Fernando Quintero played 50 games (2 as a sub) for me and managed 17 goals and 42 assists. In 17 games in 2016-2017, he's at 7 goals and 9 assists. Not quite at the same level, but he's absolutely insane.

Scum

kharma, it has began!

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 54.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB 2.5" Solid State Disk
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card
Case: Corsair Air 540 ATX Desktop Case
Power Supply: Cooler Master V700 700W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)

Nemanja-Matic-615x326.jpg

He could solve all our problems!
apart from striker!

Come back my boy!

#FreeMata

bjaelke

Messi and Ronaldo seated next to each other at the Ballon d'Or event later today. Might actually have to watch the damn thing just to see if we get a reaction out of it.

It's happening today, isn't it?

Somebody hold me.

First time EVER I'm glad we lost a match. It's long overdue, fuck Allegri and let's hope that Inzaghi will do something good even if I'm not counting on it. But at least we won't lose to fucking Sassuolo and make Berardi look like Ronaldo or something every two weeks.

dc89

City midfielder James Milner offered another view. “What Harty said was that, although he wasn’t blocking his view of the ball, he was standing where he was going to dive,” he said. “So Harty couldn’t really make a dive. Harty also said he wasn’t sure if he would have got it anyway.”

Telegraphs write up on the incident and Pardew being a prick.

http://fw.to/2jAgDFH

#Harteh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom