• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasma

Banned
Apparently we've signed Ntep from Auxerre but we're loaning him to Rennes straight away, bit strange considering we desperately need another striker.

Barzul

Matic signing just reconfirms Mata is dead. Even though they play very different roles, it's still another midfielder. Needs to find an out if he has any hope of making the WC.

Walshy

Benfica selling Rodrigo for €35m to Zenit and Matic to Chelsea for €23m.

And they will probably replace them with players who are just as good for a tenth of that price.

Rodrigo for 35m though? Is he really that good?

qindarka

Banned
Matic signing just reconfirms Mata is dead. Even though they play very different roles, it's still another midfielder. Needs to find an out if he has any hope of making the WC.

That doesn't make much sense. They play in different positions.

Matic will be competing with Ramires, Lampard and Mikel for a place in the double pivot. The only way it will affect Mata is if Jose changes to a 4-3-3, which he uses occasionally but I don't see as a permanent switch.

pulga

Banned
I just got home. I went to my friend's birthday yesterday. Shit was cray.

I could watch the Newcastle x City match but not the Liverpool one, he didn't have ESPN BR. :(

Anyway, I'll try to make it.

frymar i cant find the wallpaper in my photo album :/

3Sixty

And they will probably replace them with players who are just as good for a tenth of that price.

Wasn't even good enough for Bolton.

Barzul

Apparently we've signed Ntep from Auxerre but we're loaning him to Rennes straight away, bit strange considering we desperately need another striker.

I just watched a video of him, and he plays more like a winger than striker imo. Kinda like a Walcott type but with more strength.

Hieberrr

Bdz4hV9CAAE3fj5.jpg

Aw yus.

Nope, and I strongly doubt that we'll pay anywhere close to 35 million for him. Marca was reporting 15 million and that seems a lot more realistic.

Zabojnik

Florenzi is becoming such a great midfielder. Very good debut for Nainggolan as well. Brilliant signing for Roma. Serie A is far from over, imo.

ibsp2qL8TEljK3.gif

How exactly does it work if you want him to play for you next season. Does he get to choose which co-owner he plays for? Do the teams have to split his salary? It's such a strange concept.

As I understand it, we sold half of Marrone's contract to Sassuolo (and at the same time loaned them the player) and bought half of Berardi's contract for the same price (3,5M€). If we want to bring Berardi to Torino in the summer, we'll have to pay Sassuolo the other half. Be it in cash or by selling them the other half of Marrone.

I'm sure both clubs have already come to an agreement, otherwise we wouldn't have given them Zaza as well. In theory, I guess a third cunt club could approach Sassuolo and convince them not sell the the other half of Berardi's contract, which would ultimately result in a blind auction.

[QUOTE='Le buste' (blind auction)]Also known as a blind auction or le buste, it occurs when two teams cannot come to an accord by a specific date. Then each club is given an envelope in which they put a specific written offer without the other club knowing the number (I'm not sure if this is how it's physically done but you get the idea). After each club has submitted an offer, the club with the higher offer "wins" and buys the remaining half of the player's contract from the other club.[/QUOTE]

In theory, Sassuolo, financially backed by said third cunt club, could bid an insane amount of money, say, 20M€+ and win the auction, then sell Berardi for, say, 30M€ to that club. I'm pretty sure something like that is illegal though.

So, yeah, Berardi is ours.

qindarka

Banned
Kevin Kostka ‏@mpbx3003 10m
Wow. I don't believe I've ever even interacted with Tancredi, but I've been blocked by him. LOL.

Kevin Kostka ‏@mpbx3003 7m
I mean, I may have retweeted some Tanc abuse, but never directly-tweeted The Boom King.

Was pretty much what happened to me. I suspect that Tancredi is not only blocking people who call him out to his face, but actually searches his name to look for anyone who is saying bad things about him so he can block them.

Clegg

Fair play to Chelsea if they've signed Matic.

Sort of kills United's assertion that you can't get good players in January.

Isn't Di Marzio usually more reliable source than Marca? He is saying here that you guys are going to pay 35m.

Supposedly he is reliable but he's been wrong about Zenit quite a bit. Some are saying that it might be 35 million for Rodrigo AND Garay. That would be in line with the news that we met with Benfica reps and Mendes in London a few days ago. As far as I know Mendes represents Garay but not Rodrigo...

I will go on the record as saying that if we do end up paying 35 million for Rodrigo that I'm done defending this team's transfer dealing. Embarrassing for all of Russian football.

Walshy

Supposedly he is reliable but he's been wrong about Zenit quite a bit. Some are saying that it might be 35 million for Rodrigo AND Garay. That would be in line with the news that we met with Benfica reps and Mendes in London a few days ago. As far as I know Mendes represents Garay but not Rodrigo...

I will go on the record as saying that if we do end up paying 35 million for Rodrigo that I'm done defending this team's transfer dealing. Embarrassing for all of Russian football.
Perfectly understandable if he is wrong, especially seen as he is an Italian journalist reporting on a Spanish striker moving from a Portuguese club to a Russian club. I can understand if he gets details wrong, although he has built a reputation of being extremely reliable in recent transfer windows.

Wouldn’t that see Benfica rate Garay at 20m? If you get him that’s United’s future Ferdinand replacement gone.

How have Witsel and Hulk got along this season?

We've never had problems with Hulk and Witsel themselves. Some longtime Zenit players just got butthurt about the wages Witsel and Hulk were on last season. The one who made the biggest stink about it, Denisov, was shipped off to Anzhi this past summer for 15 million.

There haven't really been any problems in the squad this season. And as bad as Hulk played last season, he's been equally good this season. So things are looking up I guess.

As I understand it, we sold half of Marrone's contract to Sassuolo (and at the same time loaned them the player) and bought half of Berardi's contract for the same price (3,5M€). If we want to bring Berardi to Torino in the summer, we'll have to pay Sassuolo the other half. Be it in cash or by selling them the other half of Marrone.
I think that in these sorts of co-ownership deals one of the team owns the "playing rights" to the players, meaning it's up to that team to decide whether to play that player or loan him out to the other party. In this case, Juve possess these rights so I believe they could potentially keep Berardi starting from next season, whether Sassuolo like it or not.

Of course to have full ownership we would have to buy the other half from Sassuolo eventually, so the possibility that some third club might wanna interfere (Leonardo is gone from Paris, isn't he? That cunt) is there. But I feel that some sort of agreement is already in place between the two clubs, they lose Juve's favour, they lose half their team, they know better methinks.

Benfica selling Rodrigo for €35m
Hahahaha. What is wrong with Zenit, seriously

Clegg

Perfectly understandable if he is wrong, especially seen as he is an Italian journalist reporting on a Spanish striker moving from a Portuguese club to a Russian club. I can understand if he gets details wrong, although he has built a reputation of being extremely reliable in recent transfer windows.

Wouldn’t that see Benfica rate Garay at 20m? If you get him that’s United’s future Ferdinand replacement gone.
Garay would only be a short/medium term replacement. A solid defender to help aid the development of Jones. He's 27 so we'd get 4 or 5 good seasons out of him. I wouldn't mind signing him, but at the same time it won't be too gut wrenching.

Walshy

:lol

what ?
Garay would only be a short/medium term replacement. A solid defender to help aid the development of Jones. He's 27 so we'd get 4 or 5 good seasons out of him. I wouldn't mind signing him, but at the same time it won't be too gut wrenching.

Not in terms of playing style, but you've been heavily linked with him for a few years now. With Ferdinand probably leaving at the end of the season, I would of guessed you would of made a move for him at the end of the season. I can see United signing either Garay or Mangala to replace Rio in the squad.

kharma45

Not in terms of playing style, but you've been heavily linked with him for a few years now. With Ferdinand probably leaving at the end of the season, I would of guessed you would of made a move for him at the end of the season. I can see United signing either Garay or Mangala to replace Rio in the squad.

We get linked with a lot of players. Garay ain't coming.
Hopefully.

Benfica is like honey, you fuckin bears can't stay away.

Rodrigo is 22 and still evolving. it's 35€ mil for a guy that, if Zenit nurtures him, will be absolute world class within 3 seasons.

Matic is the ultimate wet dream for Mou. imposing DM that is as good as destroying opposition's attacks as he is building his own team's.

Garay runs circles around whatever United has right now for CB.

Zabojnik

I think that in these sorts of co-ownership deals one of the team owns the "playing rights" to the players, meaning it's up to that team to decide whether to play that player or loan him out to the other party. In this case, Juve possess these rights so I believe they could potentially keep Berardi starting from next season, whether Sassuolo like it or not.

Of course to have full ownership we would have to buy the other half from Sassuolo eventually, so the possibility that some third club might wanna interfere (Leonardo is gone from Paris, isn't he? That cunt) is there. But I feel that some sort of agreement is already in place between the two clubs, they lose Juve's favour, they lose half their team, they know better methinks.

Yeah, I'm reading up on it and it looks like we do indeed have the "diritti sportivi" to Berardi. Sassuolo might ask for more than 4,5M€ for the other half of Berardi's contract, since his value is bound to increase after this season. I'm sure we'll be more than happy to oblige.

Inzaghi will be announced as new head coach of AC Milan tomorrow (Gazzetta.it)

Fuck no, I love Pippo, I can't root against him.

Hmmm, what happens if he does well? Goes back to primavera, while Seedorf takes over?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom