• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

Telegraphs write up on the incident and Pardew being a prick.

http://fw.to/2jAgDFH

#Harteh

I know you're just defending your man, but it was a goal and should have stood and this is an awful excuse. Since when does a goalkeeper ever refuse to dive in a direction or go for a save when someone's in their way? If someone's there, they barge through and if they're impeded a foul is called on the attacking player.

GHG

Gold Member
Telegraphs write up on the incident and Pardew being a prick.

http://fw.to/2jAgDFH

#Harteh

Pardew did what most managers would if a perfectly legitimate goal had been ruled out. He was pissed and wrongly took it out on Pellegrini.

Its a shambles really and it was only disallowed bcause of Hart's begging. If that goal had flown in at the other end for City it would have stood as the ref wouldn't have had the balls to disallow it.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
iMjdmcl0CMqEU.png

Loooool. He is Belgian/Turkish.

Our kid made it, KidA Seven.

Kristen-Bell-Happy-Tears.gif

Lightning

Banned
Don't care about Pardew, Pellegrini or Newcastle. Pardew should he suspended for a few games for that though. Totally unacceptable.

City getting too many decisions lately. Bloody ridiculous. They have the best squad, them winning their games is expected, but it should be at least done with fair decisions.

Salazar

Sport Witness ‏@Sport_Witness 36m
Sporting Lisbon say they'd always welcome Nani but don't know if there's any truth in the media reports.

lol

The kind of shit distant relatives say when they know there's no fear of you taking them up on it.

GorillaJu

Really happy for Berardi in that Milan performance. He's got a massive future ahead. I kind of hope Conte works his tactics around him: play him behind the strikers, with Vidal and Pogba in a double pivot. Pirlo will have to sit out but his contribution to Juve has been fading a bit. Games seem to pass him by nowadays, though I honestly think that has something to do with Pogba being a little too rigid. He loves to burst forward but just kind of drifts out to the side and lets Vidal do double the work defensively.

The one thing I'd worry is that Juve's 3-5-2 means they defend rather deep, Berardi as a marauding No 10 would mean they'd have to do more defending from the front. The wingbacks would have to be narrower to crowd out the space, but I think that'd be good for Awesomoa since he always looks a bit unnatural having only 180 degrees of the pitch to work with.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Hey glad to see Kermit banned again
KuGsj.gif

@Odd: the good thing about him, is that he plays wide on the right! Conte WANTS to switch back to a 4-3-3 but we don't have the personnel for it. Our only winger is Simone Pepe, and he's never fit. And quite frankly a bit shit.
KuGsj.gif

I just hope we don't go for Menez or Nani ffs

You think Juve will keep hold of him next season or loan him out again? Was thinking he would be perfect for a season with Parma^^

We don't have any wingers so I'm sure we'll keep him.

pappe

I know its already a done deal but I want to believe. It would be so good if a Bayern player wins this :(

Imagine. The whole world and their mother knows Ronnie is winning it. So does Cr7. He invited his whole family. Sitting right next to Messi. Who is there with Xavi and Iniesta next to him. Just chilling. The time for announcement comes. Everyone holds their breath and waits for Ronaldos name.They want to see his reaction. Ronaldo has his speech ready in his mind going through it once again. The envelope is opened. The announcer says The Ballon D'or goes to.....

Lionel Messi.

Oh God!!! I think Ronaldo will have an emotional breakdown right there in front of the world.

Imagine. The whole world and their mother knows Ronnie is winning it. So does Cr7. He invited his whole family. Sitting right next to Messi. Who is there with Xavi and Iniesta next to him. Just chilling. The time for announcement comes. Everyone holds their breath and waits for Ronaldos name.They want to see his reaction. Ronaldo has his speech ready in his mind going through it once again. The envelope is opened. The announcer says The Ballon D'or goes to.....

Lionel Messi.

Oh God!!! I think Ronaldo will have an emotional breakdown right there in front of the world.

Zoolander award show scene visions

Jack cw

Lionel Messi.

Hahaha, I would love this. I rather haave GOAT win this than CR7. It could all be part of the plan that Baltter has. Starting with his twitter attacks and a public humilation in front of his family and the whole world would be too epic.

dc89

I know you're just defending your man, but it was a goal and should have stood and this is an awful excuse. Since when does a goalkeeper ever refuse to dive in a direction or go for a save when someone's in their way? If someone's there, they barge through and if they're impeded a foul is called on the attacking player.

Pardew did what most managers would if a perfectly legitimate goal had been ruled out. He was pissed and wrongly took it out on Pellegrini.

Its a shambles really and it was only disallowed bcause of Hart's begging. If that goal had flown in at the other end for City it would have stood as the ref wouldn't have had the balls to disallow it.

I think it probably was a goal. But saying this we had a goal ruled off for 'offside' against Newcastle on the opening game of the season.

iyeXrK3FkOLDH.gif

We didn't resort to kicking the opposition though. Ahh well, it's done with now. On to the next game against Blackburn on Wednesday.

#PrayForJeff
#LopesFuture

"Well after the fact, Harty (aka the Hartster, Harty-lad, English Harty) described the situation from a briskly self-serving perspective. And who are we to doubt him ? You calling England's number 1 a liar ?" etc

:loool

I love those nicknames.

Blablurn

Lionel Messi.

i9fTH2hXCJ36d.gif

would be hilarious

Superman

So the 'papers today link Utd with Vidal, Mata, Davide Astori & Saul Niguez. Would the latter of the 2 be decent buys? Haven't seen much of either of them.

Jack cw

It would be shit if a Bayern player wins it. No single Bayern player deserves it, it was the whole team that drove Bayern's success, not any one player.
Lightning pls. Just because you'll get knocked out 2 years in a row by Bayern, doesn't mean he shouldn't win it. He is and was our best individual player.

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/championsleague/id/26?cc=4716

That was Marcotti's blog after Ribery won the best player In Europe award.

I view the ballon d'or as the most outstanding footballer in the world award.

Quite simply that is not Ribery. In 2013 that was Ronaldo and Lahm.

Sadly defenders always get fucked over for this award. Thus the winner is Ronaldo.

You put Ribery into the RM squad and does he make them better instead of Ronaldo? No.

You put Ronaldo into the BM squad and does he make them better? Yes.

All this talk of Ribery winning is simply because of the historic BM season and he is the most flashy attacking player.

Salazar

So the 'papers today link Utd with Vidal, Mata, Davide Astori & Saul Niguez. Would the latter of the 2 be decent buys? Haven't seen much of either of them.

Astori: Yurt's reaction suggests this motherfucker has a 4 cm vertical jump and can only see out of one eye.

Niguez: Dunno. Other decent clubs reputedly keen. Can't be that shit.

Lightning

Banned
Lightning pls. Just because you'll get knocked out 2 years in a row by Bayern, doesn't mean he shouldn't win it. He is and was our best individual player.
That's okay. Next season we'll have an even stronger squad to try again.

Ribéry is still not that good though. Bayern's best player, yes, but not better than those he's up against for this award. He doesn't deserve it, he didn't do enough on his own to stand out.

It helps that Messi was injured and Ronaldo didn't deliver against Dortmund. Still, he killed Sweden, I wouldn't mind if he won.

If Messi was healthy then it would have been between him and Ron again.

I think Lahm is the best player in the world. There is no other play in the world that can do what he does. He is just a perfect player. Best player in the world at a couple of positions and has a flawless reading of the game.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

I don't rate him AT ALL, he's not United or even top 4 material. Moyes should go all out for Dejan Lovren, he's three years younger and ten times better!

Vidal signed a contract extension a month ago, and I don't think Mourinho is going to sell Mata to a PL side?

Moyes is fucking around again, isn't he?

Jack cw

You put Ribery into the RM squad and does he make them better instead of Ronaldo? No.

You put Ronaldo into the BM squad and does he make them better? Yes.

All this talk of Ribery winning is simply because of the historic BM season and he is the most flashy attacking player.
Haha, I really spilled my cup of water here :D
Ribery plays outstanding for a couple of years now and Ronaldo might have the more fancy skills and far more swagger but that doesnt win him nor Real anything. Ribery is essential for Bayerns system and he is the heart of attacking and creating chances. He is efficient as hell and deserves this shitty trophy just as Messi. Shanks, pls understand.

Lightning

Banned
Ribery plays outstanding for a couple of years now and Ronaldo might have the more fancy skills and far more swagger but that doesnt win him nor Real anything. Ribery is essential for Bayerns system and he is the heart of attacking and creating chances. He is efficient as hell and deserves this shitty trophy just as Messi. Shanks, pls understand.
The heart of the system? Having the world's best captain and right back helps, an absolute beast of a dm in Martinez helps, one of the best goal keepers in the game in Neuer helps. Bayern are fantastic all over the park, much more balanced team than Madrid or Barca who rely on individual talent to win. Bayern don't, Bayern teamwork teams to death.

So what you are saying is that Ribery was so good because of the system. Lets face it, he is no world beater for France. He doesn't take them to another level. Portugal would be nothing without Ronaldo

Ronaldo can play in any system in the world and would still produce.

So what you are saying is that Ribery was so good because of the system. Lets face it, he is no world beater for France. He doesn't take them to another level. Portugal would be nothing without Ronaldo

Portugal isn't that good with Ronaldo either. Got Capello'd in WCQ.

Jack cw

Shanks pls. That CR7 show against Sweden was great but Ribery initiated 2 of the 3 goals that France scored to qualify, he doesnt score that many goals but he makes them happen, different quality - same result. You can favour which ever you like. And if we go by internationals than its a rather sad story for Ronaldo, so lets face it: he's might be the most highly skilled footballer of all time but his lack of tactical understanding and weak mentality blocked him against Messi for 4 years now and even Ribery surpassed him as overall football player.

Ashes

Banned
I have to say I've never seen a manager with such a topsy turvy season. Crisis? What crisis? Man Utd just won their 5th in six league games. Our league performance was lagging now we're getting results. Our cup competition performances were great; now they're very poor.

We're supposed to be replacing scholes; we're linked with defensive midfielders.

Welbeck's scoring. Januzaj Best is our superstar winger. Vidic is leaving. De gea gets clean sheets. Fletcher is back from the dead. Fergie time is dead. And we can't buy a penalty for love nor money.

Ah well. Onwards. ;)

Jack cw

The heart of the system? Having the world's best captain and right back helps, an absolute beast of a dm in Martinez helps, one of the best goal keepers in the game in Neuer helps. Bayern are fantastic all over the park, much more balanced team than Madrid or Barca who rely on individual talent to win. Bayern don't, Bayern teamwork teams to death.

Its not like Messi and Ronlado playing with amatures. Did you take a look at Barcas or Reals squad? We surpassed them as a team only because we combined skill with tactics - have a matchplan against any opposition. Yet Riberys individual class is needed to outperform many teams as he is working like a bottle opener and as I said he initiates most of the goals in either France's national team and Bayern's.

Shanks pls. Tha CR7 show against Sweden was great but Ribery initiated 2 of the 3 goals that France scored to qualify, he doesnt score that many goals but he makes them happen, different quality - same result. You can favour which ever you like. And if we go by internationals than its a rather sad story for Ronaldo, so lets face it: he's might be the most highly skilled footballer of all time but his lack of tactical understanding and weak mentality blocked him against Messi for 4 years now and even Ribery surpassed him as overall football player.

#DEAD

Rather sad story for Ronaldo in terms of internationals???? Ribery's is non existent. If you exclude the finals that they have both appeared in because 04 was Figo's team and 06 was Zidane's team, then Ribery has achieved nothing. At least Ronaldo took a less impressive Portugal to the semi's of the Euros.

Edit: Also at the end of the day, if you use the criteria you set. Ribery doesn't even beat Totti. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom