• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack cw

Maybe we should sign that Kirchhoff guy. I've heard good things.

I am actually holding out hope for Badstuber. Or would like Martinez somewhere in the team.
LOL... Kirchhoff. I'm just glad hes gone now.
And I dont think that Martinez is such a good defender. Slow and his positioning is worse than van Buytens. I hope Badstuber recovers properly because his passes are incredible.

you should sign Garay. cheaper and better than Luiz.
Yeah I'd rather take Garay, but Luiz appears to be Peps favourite.

Elchele

The heart of the system? Having the world's best captain and right back helps, an absolute beast of a dm in Martinez helps, one of the best goal keepers in the game in Neuer helps. Bayern are fantastic all over the park, much more balanced team than Madrid or Barca who rely on individual talent to win. Bayern don't, Bayern teamwork teams to death.

Ribéry and Schweinsteiger were the two most important players in Heynckes' system, when we played without them we struggled to get results. Both of them didn't play against Arsenal, for example.

I would agree we don't rely on a player under Guardiola, but we did under Heynckes. And those players were Schweinsteiger and Ribéry.

But I don't understand, a lot of you are saying CR7 deserves it because he's a better player than Ribéry. But if the trophy is for the better player then Messi should win it. If the trophy is for the one who had the best season, then Ribéry should win it. Ronaldo winning it would be completely idiotic and undeserved.

dc89

Bd2poY_IgAAVaED.jpg:large

Gambit

LOL... Kirchhoff. I'm just glad hes gone now.
And I dont think that Martinez is such a good defender. Slow and his positioning is worse than van Buytens. I hope Badstuber recovers properly because his passes are incredible.

Yeah I'd rather take Garay, but Luiz appears to be Peps favourite.

As you probably guessed, I was joking. Especially with Pep's insistence to play Kirchhoff in midfield, he was always a liability.

Regarding Martinez, I agree as well. But Pep just loves Thiago too much to let Martinez play. I feel for poor Javi.

Getting the old Badstuber back, next to the current Boateng would be fantastic.

But I don't understand, a lot of you are saying CR7 deserves it because he's a better player than Ribéry. But if the trophy is for the better player then Messi should win it. If the trophy is for the one who had the best season, then Ribéry should win it. Ronaldo winning it would be completely idiotic and undeserved.

No, Ronaldo had a better season. I know you Bayern guys are backing up Ribery because he's nominated. But Robben scored the deciding goals, Lahm was the most constant player in each of the 268 positions he played, Martinez was single-handedly destroying attacks, etc. Ribery just didn't stand out as much as German media and Bayern wants you to believe.

you should sign Garay. cheaper and better than Luiz.
Zenit might be signing Garay as well. We're becoming Benfica North.
Yeah, I've checked and he has been training this morning. If there was anything, just a knock or something. Not uncommon that players don't do every unit in a training camp.

Good to hear. Mkhitaryan was always my boy, no need for him getting hurt. You guys would beat us anyway even without him. Even our management don't care, they're buying only cup-tied players.

Elchele

No, Ronaldo had a better season. I know you Bayern guys are backing up Ribery because he's nominated. But Robben scored the deciding goals, Lahm was the most constant player in each of the 268 positions he played, Martinez was single-handedly destroying attacks, etc. Ribery just didn't stand out as much as German media and Bayern wants you to believe.

Robben only played in the end of the season when Kroos got injured.
Lahm should be nominated, no doubt. And he should win it. Javi is my favorite player and he was amazing last season but Schweinsteiger was more important than him.

Ribéry was there the whole season, and was very important part of our team like I said before. On the attacking part, he was the key player. And he was an important part of the defensive side, too.

Jack cw

As you probably guessed, I was joking. Especially with Pep's insistence to play Kirchhoff in midfield, he was always a liability.

Regarding Martinez, I agree as well. But Pep just loves Thiago too much to let Martinez play. I feel for poor Javi.

Getting the old Badstuber back, next to the current Boateng would be fantastic.
Yep. Thiago is getting more and more the key player in Bayerns midfield. I seriously doubt that Schweinsteiger will get his position back so soon. But Guardiola brought Martinez up against Dortmund and I think that if we play against counter attacking teams, that Martinez is the defensive midfielder in our squad.

Ok, Robben might be the match deciding man, but the overall contribution to Bayerns play is all initiated by Ribery. The media isnt so wrong about him, because his statistics are better than Messis or Ronaldos. They score more goals, though.

Robben only played in the end of the season when Kroos got injured.
Lahm should be nominated, no doubt. And he should win it. Javi is my favorite player and he was amazing last season but Schweinsteiger was more important than him.

Ribéry was there the whole season, and was very important part of our team like I said before. On the attacking part, he was the key player.

The award still is for the year 2013, not the season 12/13. Robben played most of those matches and decided the games against us due to his individual talent (DFB cup, CL final). Martinez saved Schweine's ass in the CL final, Martinez was more important. It's no coincidence that Bayern's defense was so good last season, just when Martinez joined, Schweine was there all the time.

Ok, Robben might be the match deciding man, but the overall contribution to Bayerns play is all initiated by Ribery. The media isnt so wrong about him, because his statistics are better than Messis or Ronaldos. They score more goals, though.

But they play different roles in their teams. Ronaldo and Messi are more strikers than the kind of playmaker Ribery is at Bayern. I could make a chart with stats of Martinez' defensive stats and show he's a better player.

Yen

. @david_conn: Liverpool announce TV deals (LFCTV) in 9 countries, incl Hong Kong, India. "Will bring the club closer to the global Liverpool FC family."

Into

Watch Milan go on a 8 game winning run

They actually did really well the second half of last season with him, and played really well + won tons of games. It just seems that the players lost confidence in him

good on milan gaf, algebra was cancerous to the whole set up. can you guys still mathematically make the 4?

Mathematically we can still even win the Scudetto. The 4th place is 15 points away, the 3rd (which would grant us the CL) is 20 points away.

If we get to the 6th place would be amazing. It's really hard, though.
Watch Milan go on a 8 game winning run

They actually did really well the second half of last season with him, and played really well + won tons of games. It just seems that the players lost confidence in him
The players (and him) didn't really care anymore once he said that he would've left in June 2014. He said that to the press on Christmas, so my guess is that the players knew it back in July already.

Allegri, lol. Awful, awful manager. The next one can't be any worse than him..right?
KuGsj.gif

Serie A-GAF, wanted to ask a question.

There seems to be a lot of respect between the big clubs in Italy regarding transfers. For example, Pirlo to Juve and Matri to Milan. This would never happen in England, the fans here hate each other more than the players do
KuGsj.gif
Why does this happen?

Elchele

The award still is for the year 2013, not the season 12/13. Robben played most of those matches and decided the games against us due to his individual talent (DFB cup, CL final). Martinez saved Schweine's ass in the CL final, Martinez was more important. It's no coincidence that Bayern's defense was so good last season, just when Martinez joined, Schweine was there all the time.

we still lost the two matches when Schweinsteiger didn't play (BATE, Arsenal). Javi helped balancing the team, but Schweinsteiger was more important for the team than him.

Ashes

Banned

Data is how you read it though. One's a super winger; the other is super right/left forward.

Ronaldo scored 66 goals last season - the single most important determinant factor in winning matches.

It would be very surprising if a player scores 66 goals and doesn't win.

we still lost the two matches when Schweinsteiger didn't play (BATE, Arsenal). Javi helped balancing the team, but Schweinsteiger was more important for the team than him.

Less dramatically said, you lost two matches in which you didn't go in fully concentrated.

Jack cw

But they play different roles in their teams. Ronaldo and Messi are more strikers than the kind of playmaker Ribery is at Bayern. I could make a chart with stats of Martinez' defensive stats and show he's a better player.

But that wouldnt be the point as all three are responsible for the offence. I agree that players in defensive roles should be nomitated too but in football you have only those few things to measure like goals, asissts etc. If Ribery wins this it wouldnt be undeserved.

Data is how you read it though. One's a super winger; the other is super right/left forward.

Ronaldo scored 66 goals last season - the single most important determinant factor in winning matches.

It would be very surprising if a player scores 66 goals and doesn't win.

He obviously didnt win the important titles though. Fancy skills should be good for something.

Into

Allegri, lol. Awful, awful manager. The next one can't be any worse than him..right?
KuGsj.gif

There seems to be a lot of respect between the big clubs in Italy regarding transfers. For example, Pirlo to Juve and Matri to Milan. This would never happen in England, the fans here hate each other more than the players do
KuGsj.gif
Why does this happen?

In Italy, the real rivalry and hatred is more of a north vs south thing, this has roots back in all sorts of politics, northernes are generally seen as snooby/modern/western/liberal, while the southerns are more old fashioned/old traditions, at least that is my understanding when i was in Italy. All the big clubs are in north except Roma and Lazio if you count them as big clubs. So Inter, Milan and Juve usually do business, there is rivalry but it seems more of a fan thing rather than rivalry between the people who run these clubs.

Its why there is always a extra layer of hate/electricity when one of the Rome clubs faces one of the northern big clubs.

Juve has always had ties with Fiat, which after second World War got plenty of aid from American after Italy had to be rebuilt, in the 80s AC Milan got a rich new owner and won everything, Inter had a oil tycoon bankrolling them, so there is a sense of northern clubs buying their way to success, and this feeds into the general view that northern italians have it better job wise and wage wise than southerners

Ashes

Banned
He obviously didnt win the important titles though. Fancy skills should be good for something.

Perhaps you should explain to me why we should award the Ballon d'Or to the player in the best team.

edit: To clarify, the award as I see it is for player of the year, not team of the year. Had it been a question of awarding the team of the year, then Bayern Munich and not Ribery would win.

Elchele

Perhaps you should explain to me why we should award the Ballon d'Or to the player in the best team.

because Messi has won it 4 times that way? :lol

sorry but scoring 5 goals against Almeria and Deportivo don't make you a case. You have to win something big to deserve a trophy like this

edit: To clarify, the award as I see it is for player of the year, not team of the year. Had it been a question of awarding the team of the year, bthen Bayern Munich and not Ribery would win.

Ashes pls. In that case Arsenal would be winning the award. We beat Bayern and Dortmund. and we saved ourselves a lot of money without having to bribe refs.
I am looking at you Bayern against Juve in germany

Nah, he'll be alright on that front, we aren't selling him to you guys remember?

So that will be two years without Europe at all for him???

Ashes

Banned
because Messi has won it 4 times that way? :lol

sorry but scoring 5 goals against Almeria and Deportivo don't make you a case. You have to win something big to deserve a trophy like this

Didnt we do that 4 years in row now?

I was of the impression, he [Messi] got it because he was Messi, and not because Barcelona won everything, which isn't true anyway. They won the champion's league twice in the last four years.

Edit: Yes. I know. Both times they beat us. Meaning they beat a poor United side.

KuGsj.gif

KuGsj.gif
Why does this happen?

For the next few days Tassotti will be our manager (he has been an assistant manager for a long time, Ancelotti had him by his side from the start). He knows how the club was run when we were succesful, hopefully he can make something out of it.
Then it's probably going to be Seedorf, he would've signed with us next June but I guess Berlusconi just wants to see him on our bench. Inzaghi apparently refused to be our manager and wants to stay with the U21 squad, mostly because things would've ended like they did with Allegri: he would've lasted until June then Seedorf would've take over.

Regarding the big teams transfers in Italy, it happens mostly because it's cheaper than to go elsewhere. Pirlo was free, Matri was a dumb move (because of Allegri, the only guy that wanted him at Milan), but in the past those happened for various reasons. Milan and Inter swapped a lot of players (Coco, Helveg from Milan to Inter, Seedorf, Pirlo from Inter to Milan. Amazing results from this, but whatever).

That doesn't mean that everybody deals with everybody. Juve and Fiorentina, for example, still hate each other even during the transfer windows (I'd be livid too if Fiorentina sold Felipe Melo to Milan for 25M euros) and usually don't end up swapping or giving each other players. In the end, yeah, this still happens a lot, probably most Italian CEOs aren't close to the team colors as they are in England, I guess.

Jack cw

I was of the impression, he [Messi] got it because he was Messi, and not because Barcelona won everything, which isn't true anyway. They won the champion's league twice in the last four years.

And were considered the best team in the world from 2008 on. Talking about double standards.

Elchele

Would Messi be as good as he is without Barcelona's team? I doubt it. You got to remember football is a team sport. They just pick a stand up player from the best team to give him the award, usually one who has great technique and plays an attacking role.

At the end of the day, remember that this is voted on by captains and coaches and journalists.

How many footballers will be watching every game in every league? Same with coaches too. And even journalists dont even watch all the leagues.

The winner of these awards is usually the best player on the best teams, because those are the teams that people are most likely to watch. A player in Japan could score 70 goals and nobody would give a fuck.

I still stand by the fact that is why Totti never won the award, because he played for Roma. had he gone to RM or Barca he would have won it.

Champions League players are always going to win against a player who does well in the Europa league. You can also bet that a player from the World Cup winners will be in the top 3 of voting next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom