• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elchele

WOW that low?

I am going on the basis that I thought Munich offered around 25-30 million that was reported in the British papers. If Munich's offer was like RM's then it is an ok decision

No, of course Bayern's offer was around 25M for sure. But I believe Dortmund already got or will get that money back by keeping him. It would made more harm than good, selling Lewa.

How to win Bundesliga

Buy players from rivals
?????
PROFIT

Like Manchester United, innit

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
In typical Trezeguet fashion, he spilled the beans in his interview

Trezeguet:"Nani would be perfect for this Juve. He is fast and technical, a player who Conte wants"

I told Conte in Vinovo that I saw what happened in the CL and he replied: "David, let it be! Please let it be!" he's still very agitated about it *laughs*

and when I told him: "Europa League's final is in Turin, and it's not so bad!" he did not seem convinced yet.

Trez: "Well, the next Champions League final is in Milan at the San Siro, now that would be nice!" and he finally smiled.

+

Conte: I need to evaluate the conditions of Pirlo, Tevez and Barzagli.

iWB9obK41aLRi.gif

It's true, though. Look at the other clubs in Germany. Schlacke will bend over for any good price because they are broke all the time. Leverkusen doesn't get as much from Bayer as you'd imagine and must sell to afford new players. Gladbach needs a few more years and Wolfsburg fucks it up alone lol. And that's pretty much it.

You're mostly right, but losing your two best players to a rival still sucks. Image-wise and everything.

The sooner you get rid of your small time 'release clauses', the better. It's holding you back.

No, of course Bayern's offer was around 25M for sure. But I believe Dortmund already got or will get that money back by keeping him. It would made more harm than good, selling Lewa.

How did they get their money? I can only assume they would get their money back by winning trophies and through shirt sales. The latter I am sure is rather small this year.

confuziz

Banned

Not quite. At least not these days. About 7 clubs are able to buy proper players from their rivals, but they mostly buy players from across the pond.

Walshy

Basel want 12m for Salah, we won't go above 9m, similar to what we did with Mkhitaryan and Willian.

Why can't we just pay up the money for a player who the manager clearly wants?

Why? That actually shows that we are becoming a "big" club and if all goes well, Bayern could have a proper title rival in a few years. Telling Bayern to fuck off and "losing" ~€30m was unimagineable for like any German club in the last few years.

Lol, grasping for the silver lining there heh?

Nothing says "Big club" like selling your main star for 50 million, and your 2nd star leaving for free, both to the same club.... your main rivals. *Slow clap*

At least ship them off to other leagues for fucks sake. Talk about giving in to the Munich monopoly.

In typical Trezeguet fashion, he spilled the beans in his interview

I still dont understand why people always link Nani and in the past Theo with Juve.

The way he sets his team up they just would not get a game. Unless he would change his formations if he could get players like that. But then he did have Krasic and that dutch fella but got rid of them both.

Elchele

Not quite. At least not these days. About 7 clubs are able to buy proper players from their rivals, but they mostly buy players from across the pond.

Didn't they buy Arsenal's best player and won the league in a large part because of it?

Bundesliga intra-league transfer are very common, it's safer and more cheap (not inflated prices like in other markets). You don't have to deal with language barriers, or cultural/climate shocks.

Plasma

Banned
Basel want 12m for Salah, we won't go above 9m, similar to what we did with Mkhitaryan and Willian.

Chuck an extra pound on the bid and see if they go for it.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Roma captain Totti and midfielder Daniele De Rossi stoked the flames this week by suggesting their team was “better” than Juve.

Conte “When there is pub talk provocation, you have to take it as a joke and relax, don’t want to respond to Totti and De Rossi’s comments, as I am accustomed to responding on the pitch. In the last two and a half years we gave a very clear response on the pitch.

“It seems to me that in Italy the controversy in the papers has more importance than what happens in a match situation. Instead, words are swept away on the air and facts are all that matter.”

Cunte failed to live up to his name this time
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

I still dont understand why people always link Nani and in the past Theo with Juve.

The way he sets his team up they just would not get a game. Unless he would change his formations if he could get players like that. But then he did have Krasic and that dutch fella but got rid of them both.

Yeah, I don't get it. But they both sucked to be fair.

Jack cw

Finally! Pep plays to much FIFA. That ultimate team shit is getting ridiculous. Next season it's Reus who will join us. Lewa is no Suarez but fits perfect into possession play of Bayern with his skill to hold the ball.

LTWheels

It's just brinkmanship. The price will likely by somewhere in the middle.

We never had a chance with Mkhitaryan and Willian. Totally different situation. Those players had no intention in come to us, we were used by their agent and the media.

Linius

Please buy him before we face them in the EL.

We have a big chance of meeting Basel if we advance :p

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
BdI1jaHCMAAWgcs.png

Ah, I feel like I'm spamming, sorry guys

@Timmy

when asked about Paris Saint-Germain's offer for Pogba

Marotta “There is nothing more to add, we’ve no intention of selling Paul Pogba. On the contrary, he’ll renew his contract.”

untitled-9rfj1w.gif

I always felt bad for Krasic, didn't he charter a private jet to fly himself to Juve to finalise his deal???

to join us in our preseason tour, yes. :(

Jack cw

Lol, grasping for the silver lining there heh?

Nothing says "Big club" like selling your main star for 50 million, and your 2nd star leaving for free, both to the same club.... your main rivals. *Slow clap*

At least ship them off to other leagues for fucks sake. Talk about giving in to the Munich monopoly.
The thing is that Lewandowski had no interest in joining another squad than Bayerns. He could have earned way more at Madrid that wanted him or city, psg or Chelsea. I think he knows that Bayern needs a proper number 9 and right now every player would join peps team.

L1NETT

Gary Bowyer today looks like Martin O'Neill going to a fancy dress party dressed as Rafa Benitez.

--

C'mon Blackburn stop playing like a bunch of Venky's chickens :p

Yurt, fuck that opta team. Get Monti out and put Totti in.

In fact Montolivo needs to disappear for the next 7 months. He must not be allowed to go to Brazil.

edit: also Maicon??? He has only been around for 6 months. The fullback positions in Italy are shocking

So Giroud's problem is that he got "sick" during the week.

Is there a plague cloud over north London?

I know seriously, any Zombie plague is gonna start at London Colony. They need to burn that place down.

Elchele

Finally! Pep plays to much FIFA. That ultimate team shit is getting ridiculous. Next season it's Reus who will join us. Lewa is no Suarez but fits perfect into possession play of Bayern with his skill to hold the ball.

Lewa is much better striker than Suárez. pls
I doubt we're even thinking in signing Reus. We have Muller, Shaqiri, Gotze, Ribéry, Robben, Julian Green for the wings.

So Giroud's problem is that he got "sick" during the week.

Is there a plague cloud over north London?

We've had multiple players "sick" for five or six games this season. I guess that's just new code for "rested". If not, they should probably look into getting someone new at the club chef position.

This is Michael Owen on the BT Sport feed for Blackburn - Man City, right? I've been spoiled with the NBC commentary teams and had almost forgotten how horrid his voice is.

Oops double post

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The thing is that Lewandowski had no interest in joining another squad than Bayerns. He could have earned way more at Madrid that wanted him or city, psg or Chelsea. I think he knows that Bayern needs a proper number 9 and right now every player would join peps team.

More than 11 million? Highly unlikely!

I wonder how players attempt to manage their money considering their career will last about a decade or so. With the lifestyle they've become accustomed to, they'll surely consider investing significant amounts with the hope of generating some sort of income throughout their natural life

Scum

I wonder how players attempt to manage their money considering their career will last about a decade or so. With the lifestyle they've become accustomed to, they'll surely consider investing significant amounts with the hope of generating some sort of income throughout their natural life
Wasn't there a story recently about a player (might have been Gravesen) who has managed to save his earnings for so long that he now has a shit load of millions and promptly moved to the US with his missus. Bloody good on him.

Fergie

Banned
Negredo is beast. Such a surprising revelation for City.

Soldado pls.

Wenger's special serum can't be handled by everyone you know, Ramsey succumbed to it recently.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Negredo is beast. Such a surprising revelation for City.

Soldado pls.

Soldado is slowly coming good. I didn't think he was as good a passer of the ball as he shown recently, he can cross from either side and plays a nice through ball. If he would just start putting his chances away...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom