• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 2014 started in the worst possible way: my 15 years old dog died yesterday evening. He was an almost completely white Jack Russel Terrier, loved playing with my footballs in our courtyard. His kidneys failed two days ago, and spent his last few hours sleeping or trying to. Went to have a shower, when I got out my mother was crying, said that he barked three times before he stopped breathing. He did his final whistle, fitting for a dog that apparently loved football. Or at least pushing footballs around with his head, running for hours and hours.

Manager

I have always thought he would be perfect for Arsenal

Impossible, he will be a machine as soon as he realise he's actually talented and is given a regular place in the starting eleven. His first touch is incredibly shit and since he's so insecure, he never just goes for it and instead fiddle around with the ball and lose it. When he gets his confidence up he'll starting shooting from everywhere and scoring again.

Whoever buys him will get a really good striker, just don't buy him as backup or expect him to be a part of the build-up play.

Salazar

Don't see any reason why United couldn't get him in the summer, even assuming no CL. Roma had to sell off most of their prize players this season, seem very much like a selling club at the moment (though perhaps some of Serie A Gaf will tell me things have improved now). £30million would probably do the trick, even if that's a lot more than the price you could have had.

Well, one hopes that the coming weeks tell us a little about how Moyes and the Glazers see things. I'm confident we are going to make some public attempts.

Manager

The fuck, Blackburn has put Rhodes on the bench. His their top scorer with 16 goals, runner-up got 2. David Dunn! He's injured, and 3rd top scorer Leon Best out too.

Robinson, Henley, Dann, Hanley, Spurr, Williamson, Lowe, Taylor, Cairney, Marshall, Gestede
Subs: Eastwood, Kilgallon, King, Campbell, Rhodes, Rochina, Judge

Pantilimon, Lescott, Nastasic, Clichy, Boyata, Garcia, Fernandinho, Milner, Negredo, Silva, Dzeko
SUBS: Hart, Kompany, Zabaleta, Kolarov, Yaya Toure, Navas, Lopes

Gestede is a tall guy they loaned from Cardiff and now signed.

Don't see any reason why United couldn't get him in the summer, even assuming no CL. Roma had to sell off most of their prize players this season, seem very much like a selling club at the moment (though perhaps some of Serie A Gaf will tell me things have improved now). £30million would probably do the trick, even if that's a lot more than the price you could have had.

I don't think Roma had to sell. Osvaldo was a bad apple so was always going to be sold. Lamela had originally rejected Spurs, but Roma realised 30 million was too good to turn down. And the Marquinhos offer was just ridiculous for one years experience.

Roma have a nice contract from Nike coming and the American owners actually spent quite a bit around 50 million when add ons are included.

Manager

I don't think Roma had to sell. Osvaldo was a bad apple so was always going to be sold. Lamela had originally rejected Spurs, but Roma realised 30 million was too good to turn down. And the Marquinhos offer was just ridiculous for one years experience.

Roma have a nice contract from Nike coming and the American owners actually spent quite a bit around 50 million when add ons are included.

How's their debts?

edit
£270m hot damn

GorillaJu

I'm still trying to figure out why Januzaj's rating in FIFA 14 is 67. That seems a little low.

He deserves around 74 points at least.

EDIT: Wait Cleverley is 80?! give Januzaj somewhere around there then >:|

They always rate youth players low. The more first team time they get, the higher their rating. If they're a first team player in a high-rated team, they'll have a big boost because of that. There are really good players in smaller teams who have unfairly low ratings and when they move to a big club suddenly they're 80+

It wouldn't make sense to rate players solely off their skill/potential ability anyway, because otherwise it'd undermine the fact that they want people to enjoy playing the teams they see every week, and people would just play youth players instead of first team players since you can make up for any lack of mentality as you're the one holding the controller.

Januzaj will probably be in the high 70s next year.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
One day to go. Excite.

http://www.juventus.com/wps/wcm/connect/c6ca4807-3248-4239-bd0e-bb8288f635e6/roma+precedenti+cover.jpg?MOD=AJPERES&CACHEID=c6ca4807-3248-4239-bd0e-bb8288f635e6_030120141630[IMG][/QUOTE]

*last season on my birthday*

[IMG]http://cdn.tuttosport.com//images/57/C_3_Media_1575157_immagine_ts673_400.jpg

(seeing Pirlo jump is as rare as seeing Ozil jog)
tumblr_mb4tt1qfsl1qgnyg5o1_500.jpg

juventus-roma-4-1.jpg

Manager

I thought Lewandowski was joining Bayern in the summer seems a bit strange to have a medical now.

Then the whole 6 month rule would be useless if you had to wait until the contract expire to sign anyone.

Yeah their debt is not good. But they are trying to increase their revenue stream, but then aren't all clubs.

I think they are planning to build their own stadium too, which in Italy is rare.

Weird, do you think they'll put the transfer money into the debt or sign new guys?

My 2014 started in the worst possible way: my 15 years old dog died yesterday evening. He was an almost completely white Jack Russel Terrier, loved playing with my footballs in our courtyard. His kidneys failed two days ago, and spent his last few hours sleeping or trying to. Went to have a shower, when I got out my mother was crying, said that he barked three times before he stopped breathing. He did his final whistle, fitting for a dog that apparently loved football. Or at least pushing footballs around with his head, running for hours and hours.
My condolences :(

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
It's Kaboul's birthday today. He scored the winning goal when we won at the Emirates in 10/11. I wish he were playing.

Plasma

Banned
Then the whole 6 month rule would be useless if you had to wait until the contract expire to sign anyone.

But in those 6 months he could pick up an injury, just seems pointless making him go through a medical now if he wasn't going to join them in this window.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I thought Lewandowski was joining Bayern in the summer seems a bit strange to have a medical now.
He's allowed to have a medical and sign a pre-contract I think.

Honestly, Bayern are being utter cunts about this.

Even though Llorente was basically our player, we waited till June/July for his medical.

Manager

But in those 6 months he could pick up an injury, just seems pointless making him go through a medical now if he wasn't going to join them in this window.

Would be insane to sign such a big contract without checking his bones, blood and whatnot. Injured players have been signed before so they look for more than just injuries.

Weird, do you think they'll put the transfer money into the debt or sign new guys?

I am sure they will sign some players for the Champions League. With the Nike contract and a new shirt sponsor next season they should be able to start reducing their debt. If they can also get CL football and go through to the knock rounds they should be able to earn around £50 million(I think that is what Juve/Milan earned last year)

A scuedetto win will also improve the finances.

Anyone see the panicked rambling Tim Sherwood gave in response yesterday to the question if he is an Arsenal fan? Bless him. He is an Arsenal fan, and so is his father and son - he admitted it as such a while back.

Linius

Yeah I know, Barca even over 50 million. No surprise there :p

It's funny though, second club over here is Feyenoord with barely more than 200.000 likes.

EDIT

Host a proper image Shanks, don't edit to ignore :p

Elchele

His contract is ending soon and no one will pay him what City gives anyway.

But Dortmund would pay him much less than what he expects for sure. Also I don't know if he suits that well in Klopp's idea of football.

Lewandoski going to Bayern in a free transfer is all there needs to be said about the bundesliga. Absolutely shameful.

Yeah, paying £50m for Torres was much more brighter and great.

He will join in summer, the medial is just to be sure before he signs his pre-contract. To avoid another Vidal case.

He's allowed to have a medical and sign a pre-contract I think.

Honestly, Bayern are being utter cunts about this.

Even though Llorente was basically our player, we waited till June/July for his medical.

That way we can avoid Juve from stealing our players :)

Yeah I know, Barca even over 50 million. No surprise there :p

It's funny though, second club over here is Feyenoord with barely more than 200.000 likes.

EDIT

Host a proper image Shanks, don't edit to ignore :p

Lol, I thought I could just use the facebook image.

Thing about Barca is that 40 million of those fans will switch over to Madrid when they start winning again.

Lewandoski going to Bayern in a free transfer is all there needs to be said about the bundesliga. Absolutely shameful.

Why? That actually shows that we are becoming a "big" club and if all goes well, Bayern could have a proper title rival in a few years. Telling Bayern to fuck off and "losing" ~€30m was unimagineable for like any German club in the last few years.

As for Dzeko, I still think it's possible. All depends on Dzeko, though. The only reason I can think of why we shouldn't sign Dzeko is his age and with 28, that's not the worst at all. Dzeko said a few times that he'd like to play in the Bundesliga again. So it's up to him, take the number 1 striker spot at a club like BVB or earn that oil money for another year.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Why? That actually shows that we are becoming a "big" club and if all goes well, Bayern could have a proper title rival in a few years. Telling Bayern to fuck off and "losing" ~€30m was unimagineable for like any German club in the last few years.

Ushomonster

Wes

venison crêpe
If Paul Lambert doesn't care about the FA Cup then what do Villa have left to play for? Because if he's actually concerned about their survival then all he's doing is highlighting the fact that he's got them into a position they shouldn't be in (yet again).

He got misquoted (or selectively quoted) originally and the media blew up following on from that, but no one mentions it now - it's become too big to take back now. Media had to have something to talk about this weekend and it turned out to be this.

Ushomonster

It's true, though. Look at the other clubs in Germany. Schlacke will bend over for any good price because they are broke all the time. Leverkusen doesn't get as much from Bayer as you'd imagine and must sell to afford new players. Gladbach needs a few more years and Wolfsburg fucks it up alone lol. And that's pretty much it.

oh my

sorry Luci <3 15 years is a damn long time, I'm sure he made the most of it with you guys.

Yeah, they've been incredible. I'm glad I could live them, and if I ever have a child, I hope he/she could live what I lived.

Thanks, by the way.

It's true, though. Look at the other clubs in Germany. Schlacke will bend over for any good price because they are broke all the time. Leverkusen doesn't get as much from Bayer as you'd imagine and must sell to afford new players. Gladbach needs a few more years and Wolfsburg fucks it up alone lol. And that's pretty much it.

In hindsight it was a terrible decision. I am sure at the time the club thought they could keep him and challenge for the title. As Arsenal showed with RVP, if a players doesn't want to be there with one year left it is just better to sell.

Elchele

In hindsight it was a terrible decision. I am sure at the time the club thought they could keep him and challenge for the title. As Arsenal showed with RVP, if a players doesn't want to be there with one year left it is just better to sell.

I think they at least made as much money as what Bayern offered a season or two ago. So, I don't think it was a bad decision from Dortmund, they made around the same amount of money by keeping him and avoided destroying their team in the case Gotze and Lewa left at the same time.

Real Madrid offered &#8364;10M for him in the summer for example. Not much to gain from selling him.

I think they at least made as much money as what Bayern offered a season or two ago. So, I don't think it was a bad decision from Dortmund, they made around the same amount of money by keeping him and avoided destroying their team in the case Gotze and Lewa left at the same time.

Real Madrid offered €10M for him in the summer for example. Not much to gain from selling him.

WOW that low?

I am going on the basis that I thought Munich offered around 25-30 million that was reported in the British papers. If Munich's offer was like RM's then it is an ok decision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom