• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

YjW3ql2.jpg

Happy Birthday JM7

Posted in here yet? DM are saying Lacina Traore has been sold to Monaco but will go to West Ham immediately on loan for the next 6 months pending work permit. Very good player, will keep an eye on his FPL price if it happens.
I don't think he's a very good player, Meier. In fact, he's a bit shit. Perfect for West Ham though.

Meier

I don't think he's a very good player, Meier. In fact, he's a bit shit. Perfect for West Ham though.

Well, you've definitely seen him play more than I have. He was a fave of mine in FM some years back and I've been impressed with him when actually seeing him play but maybe he's inconsistent. Either way, he'd make an interesting partner with Carroll that's for sure. Route 1 til the cows come home.

Salazar

Kristof Terreur ‏@HLNinEngeland 5m
Robin van Persie trained with PSV yesterday, as a part of his rehab. (Via @thijsslegers) #mufc

Showing them The Moyes Way.

Can some capable, genial soul make a transparent-ed avatar out of Branagh Macbeth ?

l7pwlCB.jpg

The one on the right, innit.

Well, you've definitely seen him play more than I have. He was a fave of mine in FM some years back and I've been impressed with him when actually seeing him play but maybe he's inconsistent. Either way, he'd make an interesting partner with Carroll that's for sure. Route 1 til the cows come home.

He's still quite raw so it will be interesting to see how he handles the EPL. At 6'8", he'll certainly be the biggest lump that Allardyce has had to work with. We'll see what comes of it.

Salazar

I wonder if Kenneth Branagh can recite every Shakespeare script by heart

Imagine how many brain cells have been scorched away by Thor and now this Tom Clancy thing.

Had to lol at the trailer: "From the brilliant mind of Tom Clancy". C'mon. He was, at one time, a solid action-thriller writer. Not Pushkin. Not Tagore. Not Keats.

Kristof Terreur ‏@HLNinEngeland 5m
Usually Arno Philips, fitness coach of PSV, travels to M'chester to train with Van Persie. That wasn't possible this week. Via @thijsslegers

Are PSV our bitch ?

Imagine how many brain cells have been scorched away by Thor and now this Tom Clancy thing.

Had to lol at the trailer: "From the brilliant mind of Tom Clancy". C'mon. He was, at one time, a solid action-thriller writer. Not Pushkin. Not Tagore. Not Keats.

Are PSV our bitch ?

Branagh must have bills to pay or something lol. Hated Thor, was boring.

I can genuinely see all upsets from the lower league teams today.

Blackburn, Middlesbrough, Leicester, Sheffield United, and QPR all to get draws or wins.

I have no idea which way our game against the yids will go. I look forward to seeing the team sheets for both teams.

Lightning

Banned
I can genuinely see all upsets from the lower league teams today.

Blackburn, Middlesbrough, Leicester, Sheffield United, and QPR all to get draws or wins.

I have no idea which way our game against the yids will go. I look forward to seeing the team sheets for both teams.
I wonder if Mesut Ozil will play or will he continue to get his rest?

If Ozil plays I like our chances, if he doesn't I become nervous. I am glad he got a break though and hopefully if we get past Spurs we get an easier opponent next round.

Manager

BdFlPF9CMAA9sFi.jpg
BXcaIS0CIAAlf8B.jpg

Hopefully he'll start against Blackburn. He has been superb for many years in the youth team and looked really good against Wigan in Carling Cup. Ronaldo want him in the Portuguese team (born in Brazil).

FM knows what's up:
kaRV0jL.png

If Paul Lambert doesn't care about the FA Cup then what do Villa have left to play for? Because if he's actually concerned about their survival then all he's doing is highlighting the fact that he's got them into a position they shouldn't be in (yet again).

Salazar

If Paul Lambert doesn't care about the FA Cup then what do Villa have left to play for? Because if he's actually concerned about their survival then all he's doing is highlighting the fact that he's got them into a position they shouldn't be in (yet again).

He's a cock

Like Pochettino and Martinez and all the other ostensible nice-guys.

Filth. Brenty and Moyesy forever.

I'm still trying to figure out why Januzaj's rating in FIFA 14 is 67. That seems a little low.

He deserves around 74 points at least.

EDIT: Wait Cleverley is 80?! give Januzaj somewhere around there then >:|

GorillaJu

btw, 'Manchester' Mason was the guy who let Johnson off in this tackle on Lescott in a previous match:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xnm7r9_terrible-tackle_sport

jbywXjcjsPyBYb.jpg

He's a poor referee regardless of where he's from. Brendan was wrong to connect location to that specific game, but his larger point is true. Referees from Merseyside are not allowed to officiate Liverpool or Everton games. I remember that tackle from Johnson and I was shocked it wasn't a red, then.

That doesn't excuse him robbing us a hard-earned point on Boxing Day, however.

I wonder if Mesut Ozil will play or will he continue to get his rest?

If Ozil plays I like our chances, if he doesn't I become nervous. I am glad he got a break though and hopefully if we get past Spurs we get an easier opponent next round.

Would be great to see him play against them. He should be able to unlock them pretty easily.

even more? the man rests when he plays.

Oh you.

But yeah I am concerned if he doesnt show up, but then again Spurs are a small club.

One day to go. Excite.

roma+precedenti+cover.jpg

I really don't want to watch this. I love Totti t0o much. It is a shame Juve fucked up in the CL because I was hoping they would win that and Totti could win the league for Roma.

I am calling it now that Totti does at least score. He loves Buffon.

In fact time to watch some Totti on youtube.

sohois

We could have fucking had him. He was basically suckering onto the Moyesy hull like a remora.

Don't see any reason why United couldn't get him in the summer, even assuming no CL. Roma had to sell off most of their prize players this season, seem very much like a selling club at the moment (though perhaps some of Serie A Gaf will tell me things have improved now). £30million would probably do the trick, even if that's a lot more than the price you could have had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom