• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fergie

Banned
Soldado is slowly coming good. I didn't think he was as good a passer of the ball as he shown recently, he can cross from either side and plays a nice through ball. If he would just start putting his chances away...
He revels in balls into the box. But doesnt help himself when he misses good chances.

Good thing Ade is back innit.

Wasn't there a story recently about a player (might have been Gravesen) who has managed to save his earnings for so long that he now has a shit load of millions and promptly moved to the US with his missus. Bloody good on him.

He's now apparently worth over £80m after some investments

Elchele

Soldado is slowly coming good. I didn't think he was as good a passer of the ball as he shown recently, he can cross from either side and plays a nice through ball. If he would just start putting his chances away...

He has always been an excellent passer, that's why it was so weird he was rarely considered for his national team striker position. I think he needs time to adjust, and maybe AVB's tactics didn't suited him so well

THIS ISNT HYPERBOLE BUT MEXES IS THE WORST DEFENDER I HAVE EVER SEEN

He needs to fuck off, because he is a joke.

Goal for city

He's definitely one of the worst I've seen. I will never understand what some clubs see in him . . . he's our highest paid player next to Balo and Kaka!

Milan fans always hate on Zapata, but I'd rather Zapata and his brain farts in my team than Mexes and his lazy as fuck, non-focused attitude. If you're a lazy striker with phenomenal skills, okay, you can get by, but a goddamn central defender? How does he have a job? Not to mention he's slower than a 35 year old Nesta was, and he isn't even tall, he can't win headers.

We should take whatever Monaco is offering and run.

He's definitely one of the worst I've seen. I will never understand what some clubs see in him . . . he's our highest paid player next to Balo and Kaka!

Milan fans always hate on Zapata, but I'd rather Zapata and his brain farts in my team than Mexes and his lazy as fuck, non-focused attitude. If you're a lazy striker with phenomenal skills, okay, you can get by, but a goddamn central defender? How does he have a job? Not to mention he's slower than a 35 year old Nesta was, and he isn't even tall, he can't win headers.

We should take whatever Monaco is offering and run.

I blame the french league. He use to look so good playing for Aux and I remember wanting him to come to Arsenal, and he was linked with United.

He then moves to Roma and is constantly found out by anybody with a bit of pace and intelligence.

The worst thing about the new Milan is the lack of quality defenders. My whole life Milan had been known as the best defensive team in the world, but since Maldini retired they have just bought the worst defenders in the world. Nesta was constantly outclassing Mexes there season together.

Zabojnik

I still dont understand why people always link Nani and in the past Theo with Juve.

The way he sets his team up they just would not get a game. Unless he would change his formations if he could get players like that. But then he did have Krasic and that dutch fella but got rid of them both.

Well, when Conte first joined us everybody thought he was going to play with 4-2-4 or some variant of that. He's very fond of wingers, but he had to come up with something that would suit the players we had then (and still have). We'll see.

bud

idyhqpvzVPjZq.png
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJqdoOasMTQ

Salvadora

Jackson Martinez:
‘I cheered for Arsenal when I was a kid – I love their style of play,’ said Martinez to reporters.

‘It’s flowing and open with a lot of first touch passes. It would be suitable for a player like me. If I get a chance to play for a high level club like Arsenal I wouldn’t hesitate to accept it.’
Fuck, sign him up Wenger!

Wes

venison crêpe
We're in for Wes Hoolahan for £1.5m supposedly. Fine with him for that price. Fills a large role need and adds plenty of experience to our young squad.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
A bit embarrassing that they need to summon Yaya to beat a Championship side.

Everytime I see Blackburn or Leeds I get reminded how easy it is to lose focus and be demoted to mid tier (or delegated!) in BPL.

Depressing.

L1NETT

Definitely, I mean losing to Bradford and Blackburn? Only Arsenal could do that.

Aston Villa
Wigan
Watford

But carry on.

---

That yank vs Brit thread is fucking awful/hilarious at the same time. Problem is some folks get dead serious about it.

L1NETT

How fat is Paul Robinson? Blimey must be on the hotpot.

I miss Junior Hoilett at Blackburn, such a shame he went to play for that shitehole in London

Jin_7

Lewandoski going to Bayern in a free transfer is all there needs to be said about the bundesliga. Absolutely shameful.

Shameful? It was Dortmund's decision to not sell and keep him another year to be more competitive and Lewa's decision to go where he wanted to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom