• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, grasping for the silver lining there heh?

Nothing says "Big club" like selling your main star for 50 million, and your 2nd star leaving for free, both to the same club.... your main rivals. *Slow clap*

At least ship them off to other leagues for fucks sake. Talk about giving in to the Munich monopoly.
That's bullshit. Like we have a choice where our players want to go. It was either bend over for Bayern or tell them to fuck off. We decided to keep Lewandowski until his contract runs out and after that, he's free to go wherever the fuck he wants to go.

What club do you support again?

In hindsight it was a terrible decision. I am sure at the time the club thought they could keep him and challenge for the title. As Arsenal showed with RVP, if a players doesn't want to be there with one year left it is just better to sell.

How was it a terrible decision? He's the top scorer in the Bundesliga, got 4 goals and 3 assists in the CL and we got to the top spot in the hardest CL group again. The current situation in the Bundesliga is not ultimately Lewandowski's fault, either, although he should have scored some more goals.

For a player that doesn't want to be here, he's doing quite the good job. And the RVP mentioning is quite funny. Selling United RVP was one of the reasons (if not the reason) won the PL last season.

That's bullshit. Like we have a choice where our players want to go. It was either bend over for Bayern or tell them to fuck off. We decided to keep Lewandowski until his contract runs out and after that, he's free to go wherever the fuck he wants to go.

What club do you support again?

How was it a terrible decision? He's the top scorer in the Bundesliga, got 4 goals and 3 assists in the CL and we got to the top spot in the hardest CL group again. The current situation in the Bundesliga is not ultimately Lewandowski's fault, either, although he should have scored some more goals.

For a player that doesn't want to be here, he's doing quite the good job. And the RVP mentioning is quite funny. Selling United RVP was one of the reasons (if not the reason) won the PL last season.

you sell him for 25 million and buy a decent replacement. and you would still be where you are in league. CL is hard to say.

Sometimes it is better to just take the money than be stubborn on principle about not losing two players to BM.

Jack cw

His basic salary, maybe. Then there's the big ass signing fee he'll get over the 4 years. Will be a lot more than €7m a year if you include that.
I don't know about this. Lewandowski appears to know exactly how he plans his career and I think it's the same with pep, he could have picked so many clubs that paid him double of what Bayern offered but he decided for perspective. Not everyone is Ibra or cr7.

Facism

man chest city having a few issues here. Like drunkenly searching for the vagina with your dick in he dark but hitting thigh and quaint. they just can't find the target to finish this.

I don't know about this. Lewandowski appears to know exactly how he plans his career and I think it's the same with pep, he could have picked so many clubs that paid him double of what Bayern offered but he decided for perspective. Not everyone is Ibra or cr7.

err if it wasnt for a volcano he would be playing for Blackburn now

Peco

YPySUrt.jpg

CIpGNw2.jpg

kNfyI2D.jpg

IozVlVh.jpg

vH8Mczl.jpg

He's coming.

Jack cw

you sell him for 25 million and buy a decent replacement. and you would still be where you are in league. CL is hard to say.

Sometimes it is better to just take the money than be stubborn on principle about not losing two players to BM.
This sound reasonable but as Milch said, if you want to become a top club you keep your key players. Madrid wanted Ribery in 2010 and we kept him. It was a sign that we are not the club you could easily buy players from. Dortmund earned a lot of money the last couple of years and will find a proper replacement.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Out of all the matches they can choose to broadcast in the US for the FA Cup, they chose these...

Rochdale vs Leeds United (FA Cup third round), 10am, FOX Sports 1
Grimsby Town vs Huddersfield Town (FA Cup third round), 10am, FOX Sports 2

This sound reasonable but as Milch said, if you want to become a top club you keep your key players. Madrid wanted Ribery in 2010 and we kept him. It was a sign that we are not the club you could easily buy players from. Dortmund earned a lot of money the last couple of years and will find a proper replacement.

But he told them he wanted to go. It was not a Suarez case where he still had years to go on his deal and was at the mercy of the club. Lew wanted out and was always going to be gone.

They should have kept hold of Gotze not Lew

We could have played with Schieber as main striker and had still been where we are in the league.

But he told them he wanted to go. It was not a Suarez case where he still had years to go on his deal and was at the mercy of the club. Lew wanted out and was always going to be gone.

Okay, time to stop arguing, you have no idea about BVB.

But his agents are incredible greedy fucktarts that were angry as hell that Lewandowski wasn't sold and that they didn't get money from a big transfer. You can be very sure that they and Lewandowski get very good money from Bayern. The 11m sounds like a lot, but very believeable.

What club do you support again?.

Uh, I don't give a toss about Dortmund, and I wasn't talking about Dortmund but rather about the Bundesliga and how Munich basically runs it. It's a completely moronic state of affairs considering how much of an economic power Germany is, the talent they produce, and how it even holds the highest attendance average in the football world.

Coming up with a sob story about how Munich rapes you much more gently now, and that you even have the nerve to say no from time to time, doesn't really change shit. And I support Sporting, so what? At least we don't sell our gold to Porto. I mean it has happened, it's not unthinkable, it's just not a pattern like in the bundesliga.

Dortmund was CL final material, now Bayern has bought you 4th place in the league, 12 points of. Congrats, you're on your way to become a big club.

Uh, I don't give a toss about Dortmund, and I wasn't talking about Dortmund but rather about the Bundesliga and how Munich basically runs it. It's a completely moronic state of affairs considering how much of an economic power Germany is, the talent they produce, and how it even holds the highest attendance average in the football world.

Coming up with a sob story about how Munich rapes you much more gently now, and that you even have the nerve to say no from time to time, doesn't really change shit. And I support Sporting, so what? At least we don't sell our gold to Porto. I mean it has happened, it's not unthinkable, it's just not a pattern like in the bundesliga.

Dortmund was CL final material, now Bayern has bought you 4th place in the league, 12 points of. Congrats, you're on your way to become a big club.

Sob story? lol

It's quite funny that you say something about the Bundesliga while being a fan of a league in which basically every club sells the player's transfer rights to some crooked business men because even the "big" clubs are broke as fuck.

Bayern has brought us fourth place? Hahaha, just stop it, didn't know Bayern injured Hummels, Piszczek, Subotic, Schmelzer, Gündogan and Kehl.

Jack cw

The problem was that Götze had a buy out clause and Dortmund was unable to do something to keep him unless they had bought him out of the clause. They also didn't expect that someone would pay that 40 million for a 20 year old talent. After this they couldn't just give another key player to Bayern.

The problem was that Götze had a buy out clause and Dortmund was unable to do something to keep him unless they had bought him out of the clause. They also didn't expect that someone would pay that 40 million for a 20 year old talent. After this they couldn't just give another key player to Bayern.

The funny thing, considering the reactions here, about this is that we could have kept Götze until 2014 if we hadn't agreed to the new contract with the 37m buyout clause. So, in that scenario, we would have sold Lewandowski for ~30m in 2013 and Götze would have gone to Bayern on a free in 2014 lol

But but but stupid BVB, they are all idiots that have no idea how to run a club. Shit club in a shit league.

Wes

venison crêpe
Lambda tell me more about Defour, supposedly Villa have an interest in him. What's happened to him at Porto?

3Sixty

And they say all footballers are greedy – well try telling that to the Accrington fans who were given tickets to the FA Cup clash between Southampton and Burnley by Stanley boss and former England international James Beattie, after their own club’s match against Portsmouth was postponed.

Accy were due to play their League Two match at Fratton Park today but the game was called off yesterday due to a waterlogged pitch.

But for the group of Stanley supporters who had already made the near-300 mile trip from Lancashire to the south coast, the early decision was of little consolation.

However, a message on Twitter was spotted by boss Beattie, who arranged tickets for the fans to watch his former side Southampton in today’s Third Round tie with Championship Burnley.

Having already put his hand in his pocket earlier this season to pay off Accrington’s tax bill, which if left unpaid would have seen the club suffer a transfer embargo, Beattie is fast becoming something of a club legend.

Legend.

And i can tell ya, having bumped into Beats on many a night out he'll always put his hand in his pocket for a big round as well.

Randdalf

Lambda tell me more about Defour, supposedly Villa have an interest in him. What's happened to him at Porto?

All I know is that Defour was a beastly CM in Football Manager 2010, and he captained my team to the Champions League twice.

went from starter to bench warmer, unhappy and wants to leave. never rated him that high and neither have most Portistas i know. i would say he's just an average, competent midfielder.

guess he never fully meshed here.

Jack cw

The funny thing, considering the reactions here, about this is that we could have kept Götze until 2014 if we hadn't agreed to the new contract with the 37m buyout clause. So, in that scenario, we would have sold Lewandowski for ~30m in 2013 and Götze would have gone to Bayern on a free in 2014 lol

But but but stupid BVB, they are all idiots that have no idea how to run a club. Shit club in a shit league.
Haha Can2 is just a bitter dude. Many people doesn't know that Dortmund was nearly bankrupt a couple of years ago and that brilliant management and a concept brought them so far now and they couldn't just pay the salaries like the top clubs to keep talents like Götze, kagawa or Lewandowski. The only way was to have contracts with buy out clauses like Reus or Götze. And it's bullshit to say Bayern bought them out to 4th place but ignorance is a bliss it appears to downplay bundesligas momentum.

Wes

venison crêpe
All I know is that Defour was a beastly CM in Football Manager 2010, and he captained my team to the Champions League twice.
Yeah I only remember him from FM!

went from starter to bench warmer, unhappy and wants to leave. never rated him that high and neither have most Portistas i know. i would say he's just an average, competent midfielder.

guess he never fully meshed here.

Sounds like he would be a star in our team then.

Haha Can2 is just a bitter dude. Many people doesn't know that Dortmund was nearly bankrupt a couple of years ago and that brilliant management and a concept brought them so far now and they couldn't just pay the salaries like the top clubs to keep talents like Götze, kagawa or Lewandowski. The only way was to have contracts with buy out clauses like Reus or Götze. And it's bullshit to say Bayern bought them out to 4th place but ignorance is a bliss it appears to downplay bundesligas momentum.

It isn't only down to money, anyway. For example, Germany was always just a stop to England for Kagawa. Just like Germany was just a stop back to Bavaria for Götze :p

fuenf

I agree it's crazy what's going on here with everybody shitting on Dortmund? Yeah losing Lewa is unfortunate but nothing surprising.

It's simply amazing what their board has accomplished and I've all the confidence in the world that Dortmund will continue to annoy Bayern for the foreseeable future. I don't think there's any other club in Europe who barely escaped bankruptcy and managed to establish themselves as a top side in Europe.

It's just laughable to see guys, who's clubs are debt ridden and run by sugar daddies make fun of Dortmund's business practices or the Bundesliga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom