• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Villa deserve to lose because of the manner of the second goal but they've shown some bottle. They must sign some more experienced players though, their current midfield is just not good enough.

bud

that was close...
HQzZKz7.png

rodvik

Too easy for Arsenal. We need more quality in midfield. Happy to see tekkers back in the goals.

Fuck the haters. We are staying up :)

Elchele

Looks like Holtby is going back to Schalke. What a massive idiot :lol
Schalke signing so many AMs just makes the AVB rumor feel more real

Barzul

I know Arsenal, we'd raise our game against a better team. Didn't care to finish off the game when they should have, anyway it's still a win.

jtb

Banned
good win. Benteke's having a poor season, it seems? wonder if he'll prove to be just another one season wonder or if he can recapture some of that form from last season

phaze

Missed last 20 minutes. See I saved myself a few scares.

Good win now if only Chelsea and City start dropping points again.

Meier

Man, Arsenal have 2 games they should definitely win and another that they probably will. We have Chelsea and Spurs in our next 3 and Chelsea has us and Man U. Arsenal could be quite a few points up in a few weeks time. Gonna definitely need Soton to earn at least a draw when they play Arsenal..

L1NETT

Arsenal will be dead by the start of March anyway.

Sounds like TC predicting the Arsenal November collapse aha :p

Don't disagree, but there is summat different about this Arsenal side. Less muppets like Gallas, Song etc who give up. Is a bit more steel about this lot.

Still gonna plump with Jose though, never doubt him. Boring footy, but fuck me the bloke is good.

Lightning

Banned
Man, Arsenal have 2 games they should definitely win and another that they probably will. We have Chelsea and Spurs in our next 3 and Chelsea has us and Man U. Arsenal could be quite a few points up in a few weeks time. Gonna definitely need Soton to earn at least a draw when they play Arsenal..
Straight after that though we play Liverpool and United.

Sounds like TC predicting the Arsenal November collapse aha :p

Don't disagree, but there is summat different about this Arsenal side. Less muppets like Gallas, Song etc who give up. Is a bit more steel about his lot.

Still gonna plump with Jose though, never doubt him. Boring footy, but fuck me the bloke is good.
Last season was a one off. Arsenal don't usually start that poorly.

The March/April collapse is a regular thing. It'll happen again.

Wes

venison crêpe
@GraemeBailey 32m
We understand Grant Holt will have medical at Aston Villa on Tuesday morning ahead of loan move from Wigan.

Villa forums going mad on a loan move to cover Kovak's broken leg.

jtb

Banned
Last season was a one off. Arsenal don't usually start that poorly.

The March/April collapse is a regular thing. It'll happen again.

Nah. Arsenal have had plenty of disastrous starts to the season. And plenty of late seasons collapses too. But it's usually just one or the other. It's true that Wenger hasn't been able to string together a complete, consistent set of performances across an entire season anytime over the past nine years though.

thus trophy drought, etc.

Suen

?????

---

Good result, a win is a win. Top of the league, still a 3 horse race for me.

Sorry but Arsenal evidently aren't utter shite lol

Some of the guff eh
Horrible passes from Özil in the second half, didn't even bother trying or try and set up Giroud in one of our last counters. Meanwhile Giroud complains about it when he fucked up in a similar situation and has been slow a number of times in the game when he could have created goal chances had he been slightly faster. Why is he so slow, WHY!

Özil was just an empty shell in the second half. In one of his good games he would have set up Giroud with excellent and accurate passes, he has enough quality to do that and has shown it plenty of times before but we saw nothing of it today. His eyes resembled the eyes of a butcher in a slaughterhouse: soulless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom