• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

People who think Januzaj only looks good cos he's playing in a shit team = people who don't know anything about football.

Lambda
Wedward

Who else?

I don't think that but I do think that he benefits from United's genuine lack of creativity. If you put a Marcos Lopes, Raheem Sterling, Serge Gnabry, etc. (other young talents) on there, they'd be at least given the opportunity to stand out like he has.

What really impresses me in particular about Januzaj is how he just is constantly finding a shot, for better or for worse. He reminds me of RVP in that regard. RVP scored so many goals for United in 12/13 in situations that really were not particularly good goalscoring chances. Januzaj takes similar shots although he's obviously not as clinical yet.

GorillaJu

Janjuzaj is a good player and not just because the rest of United sucks shit off a silver platter, though that has a lot to do with it because you expect young players and teenagers to look overawed and have trouble taking on so much responsibility but he looks like the most mentally sound player on the pitch for them. It's that mentality that's earning him so much recognition IMO - something as good as Sterling is, he's not really shown.

Zabojnik

I couldn't care less about how little Anderson is sold for. He never plays and on the rare occasion he does he's quite underwhelming. Justna waste if wages we could be spending on someone else. He's had his chance and failed to take it.

Di Marzio is saying loan + 6-7M€ buyout clause (option?).

Also, Jorginho to Napoli for 7.5M€ + 2.5M€ bonus.

Oh shit.

Lambda ridin solo, ridin solo. Jason DeRulooo.

Adnan is good my friend. He needs to do better still, he makes too many simple mistakes for my liking.

He tries to dribble too often and he sometimes boxes himself in. It causes him to lose the ball.

I know my speculation is based on nothing, but I can't help but be worried about his development when there are many Everton players and staff saying Moyes cares more about fitness than training with the ball. Adnan has always been a pass first guy, but he's been showing more of his individual game now than I have ever seen him. It's irrational, but I can't help thinking that way.

Hargenx

435405.jpg

I don't think that but I do think that he benefits from United's genuine lack of creativity. If you put a Marcos Lopes, Raheem Sterling, Serge Gnabry, etc. (other young talents) on there, they'd be at least given the opportunity to stand out like he has.

What really impresses me in particular about Januzaj is how he just is constantly finding a shot, for better or for worse. He reminds me of RVP in that regard. RVP scored so many goals for United in 12/13 in situations that really were not particularly good goalscoring chances. Januzaj takes similar shots although he's obviously not as clinical yet.
I don't buy into the, it's easier for him to stand out argument.

His obvious quality is not something which would diminish if he was in a better team. In fact I would argue he would be excelling even more because he would have better players to work with.

Which of course is the flip side, someone like Gnabry is going into a smooth ship where he can fit in with quality players feeding him and making space for him. That's not to take anything away from Gnabry, who has done really well.

Januzaj may well get less chances to impress in a better team, that is true.

But his individual quality is pretty obvious. I think he would be pulling off those moments whatever team he was in.

pulga

Banned
who are all these people following me on twitter the last few minutes

im scared

is bigbrothergaf watching

elsk hold me

He tries to dribble too often and he sometimes boxes himself in. It causes him to lose the ball.

I know my speculation is based on nothing, but I can't help but be worried about his development when there are many Everton players and staff saying Moyes cares more about fitness than training with the ball. Adnan has always been a pass first guy, but he's been showing more of his individual game now than I have ever seen him. It's irrational, but I can't help thinking that way.
It is something to watch out for, for sure.

I think his passing game needs time though. He had a lot more time and spaces to pass in to at academy level. Just isn't gonna be that easy in the PL. He is still picking some nice passes...even with our shitty movement. Would be good to see him playing with RVP more who makes great runs. But RVP is dead.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Looks like Holtby and Capoue might be on their way out. I guess with Bentaleb on the scene both will find it hard to get minutes, especially now that Sandro, Lamela and Sigurdsson are back soon.

Looks like Holtby and Capoue might be on their way out. I guess with Bentaleb on the scene both will find it hard to get minutes, especially now that Sandro, Lamela and Sigurdsson are back soon.
Why would you let Capoue go already? He missed a fair chunk of the half season with injury too. Strange.

GorillaJu

He, Januzaj, also dives the most, has the most punchable face in the league and picks fights like a little terrier in a pack of Labradors. Annoying little shit cunt lol

Meier

I can't believe Hull paid £6.5million for Jelavic to put that in perspective, Everton paid. £5m. How in the world did they sell him for more?!

rodvik

As a cheap replacement for Kozak though I don't have much problem for 6 months. Lambert knows him. We're not buying him! People are going crazy though.

Would we like to buy whichever super talented youngster we could find from Europe this window? Sure. But we're just not in the financial situation to do that.

i am pretty tired of our cost cutting. Its been 3 years already, aint we done yet?

He, Januzaj, also dives the most, has the most punchable face in the league and picks fights like a little terrier in a pack of Labradors. Annoying little shit cunt lol

At least he doesn't have that shit Sterling hair style though.

tumblr_mz625gmDMM1r7jzw9o2_1280.jpg

Fabio should be at that table. United's rejects. :lol

Wes

venison crêpe
i am pretty tired of our cost cutting. Its been 3 years already, aint we done yet?

Well the speculation is it's because Lerner wants to sell this summer so he's getting the wage bill down as much as possible to make it more attractive to potential buyers.

Adnan is a good player with interesting potential. As is always the case, we have to wait a bit more to see in what direction he will go.

I completely agree that he isn't showing the kind of potential that sets the imagination on fire. As he matures his technique might greatly evolve, as well as his vision. It's easy to see the Man Utd fans by now are used to young great talent coming through, and therefore there's always this enthusiasm when a young player starts checking the right boxes. It wasn't not so long ago that Macheda was going to rock the world though.

Personally I think it's one to watch in the next 2 or 3 seasons. It will be interesting to watch his evolution for sure.

L1NETT

I can't believe Hull paid £6.5million for Jelavic to put that in perspective, Everton paid. £5m. How in the world did they sell him for more?!

Martinez has been canny in the old transfer market. Fellani deal probably more United incompetence, but still sharp from Everton.

Barry, Mcarthy and Lukaku been mint too. Kone hasn't though.

---

The Day Today was broadcast 20 Years ago! Fuck!

Unbelievable 6 episodes of TV. So far ahead of it's time. Peter O'hanra hanrahan <3

rodvik

Well the speculation is it's because Lerner wants to sell this summer so he's getting the wage bill down as much as possible to make it more attractive to potential buyers.

Well I wish he would hurry up. We could go down this season. I am not convinced there are three teams worse than us.

Adnan is a good player with interesting potential. As is always the case, we have to wait a bit more to see in what direction he will go.

I completely agree that he isn't showing the kind of potential that sets the imagination on fire. As he matures his technique might greatly evolve, as well as his vision. It's easy to see the Man Utd fans by now are used to young great talent coming through, and therefore there's always this enthusiasm when a young player starts checking the right boxes. It wasn't not so long ago that Macheda was going to rock the world though.

Personally I think it's one to watch in the next 2 or 3 seasons. It will be interesting to watch his evolution for sure.
This Macheda was a storm in a tea cup. He wasn't doing anything special in the academy side and hadn't showed any real potential. Fergie gave him a shot like he often did to young players and he scored that goal and then things just got out of hand.

Completely difference scenario to this - even though you might be right about his development.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Why would you let Capoue go already? He missed a fair chunk of the half season with injury too. Strange.

I think it would be a mistake given Sandro's injury problems, but a few papers are saying Sherwood thinks Capoue doesn't work hard enough in training. I don't know if Levy will sign off on that one, Bentaleb is a good young a player but not yet a real defensive midfielder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom