• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elchele

Bd4fPVXCEAAjJOQ.png

:)

@Bayern GAF: Ronaldo deserved the award you fucks. He had the best season of anyone individually. Although I do sympathize with Ribery as Ribery defends more than Ronaldo and he creates more for his teammates than Ronaldo. I think it's just slightly in Ronaldo's favor taking those two things into account.

@ Real Madrid GAF: Ronaldo deserved it. He's not GOAT though so fuck off.

@Barca GAF: Messi was injured a lot of the time so of course he wasn't going to win. He would have probably won if he wasn't injured, but the award isn't won on a hypothetical season. Messi is the best player in the world right now, but he still has to earn it. He'll win his fifth next season.

@Lambda, you're cute baby. You're this thread's hipster. You hate anything that is loved by football gaf.

Sterling has been better than Januzaj, it's just that Sterling is in a better team and doesn't get the same recognition as a promising youngster in a shit team.

No it's because he hasn't done this:

ib1BUWwgjh7yfP.gif

iz3u7YrEKGpL5.gif

ibb1oZkFRLq9mS.gif

Sterling (Gnabry too) has been great this season, but he hasn't pulled off shit like Januzaj has. Sterling's done well on a team that clicks. He's learned to make great runs behind the defense because he has pace. He has learned how to hold off defenders by strengthening over the summer. He already showed last year that he can beat a man and is continuing to do that this season. His decision making has been better this season and has added end product. The end product has been a lot more to do with the team clicking than Januzaj's.

This video shows Sterling's end product. His finishes and assists do not show an exceptional bit of skill like Januzaj's. To be fair, I fully expect Sterling and Gnabry to score more goals than Januzaj as I have never felt Januzaj would turn out to be a goal scorer despite his improvement in striking the ball this season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqccDbavHrM

Januzaj gets more hype because of the potential he shows due to his technique, passing, vision, dribbling, etc... and consistency. Sterling has been very consistent, as has Gnabry albeit with less minutes, but both are less flashy due to their style of play. Januzaj can turn out to be the worst player out of those 3 as nobody knows the future and how players will develop. I'm just showing why he's gotten more hype deserved in your eyes or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6pKBDPHtZw

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
fucking hell guys

STOP bringing her up here.

we're on twitter AND whatsapp

if you hate someone, just take it there! Needless bans really

wedward

@Bayern GAF: Ronaldo deserved the award you fucks. He had the best season of anyone individually. Although I do sympathize with Ribery as Ribery defends more than Ronaldo and he creates more for his teammates than Ronaldo. I think it's just slightly in Ronaldo's favor taking those two things into account.

@ Real Madrid GAF: Ronaldo deserved it. He's not GOAT though so fuck off.

@Barca GAF: Messi was injured a lot of the time so of course he wasn't going to win. He would have probably won if he wasn't injured, but the award isn't won on a hypothetical season. Messi is the best player in the world right now, but he still has to earn it. He'll win his fifth next season.

@Lambda, you're cute baby. You're this thread's hipster. You hate anything that is loved by football gaf.

No it's because he hasn't done this:

ib1BUWwgjh7yfP.gif

iz3u7YrEKGpL5.gif

ibb1oZkFRLq9mS.gif

Sterling (Gnabry too) has been great this season, but he hasn't pulled off shit like Januzaj has. Sterling's done well on a team that clicks. He's learned to make great runs behind the defense because he has pace. He has learned how to hold off defenders by strengthening over the summer. He already showed last year that he can beat a man and is continuing to do that this season. His decision making has been better this season and has added end product. The end product has been a lot more to do with the team clicking than Januzaj's.

This video shows Sterling's end product. His finishes and assists do not show an exceptional bit of skill like Januzaj's. To be fair, I fully expect Sterling and Gnabry to score more goals than Januzaj as I have never felt Januzaj would turn out to be a goal scorer despite his improvement in striking the ball this season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqccDbavHrM

Januzaj gets more hype because of the potential he shows due to his technique, passing, vision, dribbling, etc... and consistency. Sterling has been very consistent, as has Gnabry albeit with less minutes, but both are less flashy due to their style of play. Januzaj can turn out to be the worst player out of those 3 as nobody knows the future and how players will develop. I'm just showing why he's gotten more hype deserved in your eyes or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6pKBDPHtZw

He also stands out in a very poor squad.

People who think Januzaj only looks good cos he's playing in a shit team = people who don't know anything about football.

Lambda
Wedward

Who else?

KidA, isn't your Avatar from the Jiro documentary? Best one I've seen in a while, enjoyed it immensely.

Yeah. Shit looks incredible.

He also stands out in a very poor squad.

Yes that is true. That also shows how strong of a mental game he has and how talented he is. The team is shit right now and the crowd is getting on the team's back through out the game. The fact that he's able to soak up all of the pressure to create and is pulling it off shows how mentally strong he is. It also makes it much more harder on him to get his end product or to create chances. United are playing shit football right now with little creativity and more hoofball than Arsenal or Liverpool. The team is just disjointed and he's still able to play his game.

I just think he's more hyped because he pulls off some incredible piece of skill. The 3 gifs show the type of passes he's capable of and I don't think Gnabry or Sterling can do them. The volley is another great goal that Sterling/Gnabry have not done this season. All 3 players are having similar impact, but Januzaj has had to pull off some crazy piece of skill to get his end product compared to Sterling or Gnabry.

Also guys, stop mentioning other forum members that do not use this thread. You're asking to get banned.

Elchele

People who think Januzaj only looks good cos he's playing in a shit team = people who don't know anything about football.

Lambda
Wedward

Who else?

I thought you guys were overrating him, like Clevshit, etc but I watched him on a match and he looks very good for his age. solid player

edit: Who's @SurrealVoyage in twitter?!

Must have missed it when you were in the cinema.
Oh shit.

Lambda ridin solo, ridin solo. Jason DeRulooo.

I thought you guys were overrating him, like Clevshit, etc but I watched him on a match and he looks very good for his age. solid player

edit: Who's @SurrealVoyage in twitter?!
Adnan is good my friend. He needs to do better still, he makes too many simple mistakes for my liking.

Wes

venison crêpe
It is a piss take though. Holt always acted like a thug against us, oh and it is a real indication we have zero ambition.

As a cheap replacement for Kozak though I don't have much problem for 6 months. Lambert knows him. We're not buying him! People are going crazy though.

Would we like to buy whichever super talented youngster we could find from Europe this window? Sure. But we're just not in the financial situation to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom