• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.
9 NIGHTS OFF BITCHES

Prepare for a barrage of shite.

James Richardson's puns are incredible btw. Worth listening to Football Weekly for them alone

'Niguer with attitude' made me piss myself, especially with Sid Lowe's 'oh dear'

What's there realistically to fuck up though? The team is in 11th. Not like he could get you relegated even if he tried. The season is a write-off already.

Seedorf could completely break the team, forcing another complete makeover during the Summer, or we could win vs Spezia and then Udinese knocks us out in the Coppa Italia, removing any chances of playing in EL next year. And relegation isn't that far, a couple of wins could change things but we aren't really safe as of today.

I think Seedorf will be a great manager. During the last few major international tournaments he has been a pundit on BBC and he would often show up the usual lot from Match of The Day with his knowledge and insight. My only real worry is he might be too nice.

Jack cw

I think Seedorf will be a great manager. During the last few major international tournaments he has been a pundit on BBC and he would often show up the usual lot from Match of The Day with his knowledge and insight. My only real worry is he might be too nice.
Those dutch guys are really good in becoming coaches but with Seedorf I think its likely to become another Klinsmann, honsetly.

Ash_69

Podolski-us Renaissance;97049030]I thought we were pretty poor last night. Outside those two goals, we didn't create anything. 30 mins into the match and we were still passing sideways. No wonder. The movement in the final third was nonexistent.

Ozil slows down our play, that much is obvious. He is too lacklustre in his play and I would welcome the suggestion that he be dropped until he starts to actually put effort in. His ball retention, for example, is shite; how many times has he given the ball away from half-arsed pass?

Giroud: still not convinced. He misses too many chances that you would expect any decent striker to put away.[/QUOTE]

I agree regarding ozil. Don't get me wrong, 99% of teams would gladly have him but I would have taken a semi decent striker over him any day of the week. Cazorla is a boss as a CAM.

My midfield and strikers with what we have at the mo be:

Giroud
Podolski- cazorla - Walcott (when fit)
Wilshere/ramsey(rotate)-flamani

Definitely not what most would go for but not giving podolski a run is infuriating as I think he could bag us 15+ goals a season as his shot is lethal.

Ozil needs to up his work rate considerably to be taking santi's preferred position.

This twitter account is new so doesn't have much but it made me laugh
https://twitter.com/RunMoyesRun
BduoFRFCEAEEmwY.jpg

Usho, GB - Baldini is still pulling the strings, yeah ?

I don't think he's ever pulled the strings. People seem to think that we have this shadowy figure that goes around signing players behind the managers back but that's not how it works. When he joined he became part of the transfer committee that was Sherwood, Villas-Boas and the chairman and someone else who I can't remember.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I don't think he's ever pulled the strings. People seem to think that we have this shadowy figure that goes around signing players behind the managers back but that's not how it works. When he joined he became part of the transfer committee that was Sherwood, Villas-Boas and the chairman and someone else who I can't remember.

That's why all this 'AVB didn't want these players' shite is nonsense. He had a say and if he felt that strongly he could have declined the players. He is the one that wanted Baldini brought in.

Baldini was hired for his connections and to deal with other clubs instead of Levy, who other chairmen were starting to become wary of, not to take all responsibility for signings away from the manager. The panel made a decision on who to target, Baldini then jetted off to sort out the deals on Levy's behalf. He did not have sole control over transfer decisions. Anyway, I still maintain that all the players we have bought are good enough. They simply need time and a manager who isn't AVB.

That's why all this 'AVB didn't want these players' shite is nonsense. He had a say and if he felt that strongly he could have declined the players. He is the one that wanted Baldini brought in.

Baldini was hired for his connections and to deal with other clubs instead of Levy, who other chairmen were starting to become wary of, not to take all responsibility for signings away from the manager. The panel made a decision on who to target, Baldini then jetted off to sort out the deals on Levy's behalf. He did not have sole control over transfer decisions. Anyway, I still maintain that all the players we have bought are good enough. They simply need time and a manager who isn't AVB.

I remember just before AVB was sacked he was asked in a press conference "are these your players" and he said "errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr am not errrrr sure errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr if I can make this errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr public" and then he sort of backtracked a little saying something along the lines of its a good team. Then pretty soon after the news papers were full of stories that he didn't want these players. Utter bullshit imo, AVB was just looking for excuses because he failed to do the job he was paid a vast amount of money to do.

well, Blues, you can't just say we're getting Kakuta, where's the scout report? what position he plays in, how good he is, he's a good passer, does have a good shot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom